PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on here with my car

Steves LX
08-24-2007, 07:25 AM
I went to kil kare last night and that was a waste of my time and money but I should have known better with the heat that I was going to run like shit. I had two 12.98's, one 12.95, and one 12.91. The shitty part about it is I did nothing differn't on each run and pulled 1.77 60 fts on every single run and ran differn't times each time. I was trapping at 105MPH on every single run also. The car didn't feel like it had any pull up in the mid to top end of 3rd and 4th gear. Not sure if it was the heat or humidity or if I got something else going on. I went to Tri-State last Saturday and ran a 12.92 @ 105MPH with a 1.79 60ft and I had a bad vacum leak from where my manifold didn't seal up to my lower. It was bad enough I had to keep my foot on the gas to keep the car running. I just dont get it I guess. I know it was nasty last night but I figured I would have done a bit better since my vacum leaks are fixed.

Qtr milerocket
08-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Last Saturday the density altitude at Tristate was approx 2300' and last night at Kilkare the density altitude was approx 3300', the point is that for your car to run basically the same times on each test session leads me to believe that you fixed your problem as last night the air was as thick as soup.................I'll bet that if you run your car in the fall in 50-60 degree weather with low humidity that you will be shocked at how much your car picks up, probably several tenths and several mph.

Peace :cool2:

James

mustangboy
08-24-2007, 08:21 AM
I say, whats the problem? With those #'s you need to start bracket racing that thing. Learn to hit the tree and you'll make some money.;)

Steves LX
08-24-2007, 08:27 AM
o.k. thats a little releif. I guess my expectations are to high. I knew the weather was crappy last night. Just the fact that my trap speeds and 60ft's were all the same but my ET's were a little scattered from 12.91 to 12.98. I just hope that the car has a little more in it than that. I know that the car has never been tuned and needs it. I'm sure thats not helping anything get beeter either. Whats in my sig is exactly what is done to the car. I am running 14 degrees initial and 36LBS fuel.

Stangman
08-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Well atleast you can get out of the 15's!! :lol:

Although I did knock off 2 tenths with the 3.73 since last time, and with what james was saying, I feel that another run this fall will get me in the 14's

We will have to make another journey to Kil Kare again in a month or so Steve...

Steves LX
08-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Oh yes I am definitly going back to that track. Its just as far to go there from our neck of the woods as it is Edgewater or Tri-State. I cant beleive how well that track hooks. Jesse I beleive if you lower your air pressure to 24PSI you will run 14's on street tires. When I ran street tires I tried a run at 36psi and then lowered it to 24PSI and I picked up 5 tenths. You had a 15.10 or something close to that last night and 5 tenths off of that and guess what you are running 14.70's 14.80's. Try it the next time we go.