PDA

View Full Version : Parts Cleaner tanks

Mista Bone
08-24-2007, 10:25 PM
any suggestions?

I was told Harbor Frieghts units, the pump dies quickly.

I used the one at Zerolift, smelled like mineral spirits that was heated, work great!

Going thru too much carb cleaner now that business has picked up.

I don't need a HUGE unit to do tranny cases, just the internal parts.

Thanks.

tcorns
09-02-2007, 09:13 PM
i can attest to the fact that the harbor freight tanks are junk. i got about 6 mos of home shop use out mine befor it died. they have an upgrade pump that is sold seperate and i have heard this it is a decent one.

trev

Dirtyd0g
09-03-2007, 01:08 AM
I bought a harbor freight unit and the pump didn't work. I haggled with them to replace the pump and they finally did. It still barely trickled. I bought a pump at grainger that worked. I don't use the solvent tank for much except bearings and stuff like that anymore I bought a water based spray cabinet that works great. The best soap is expensive there is aplace in sharonville that sells it. It is made by a company called macdermaid. Works really good because it also reduces flash rusting. It will however discolor aluminum if left in too long. The product name is isoprep 132.
I bought my cabinet from ebay for less than a gran. I watched them for a long time before I found this deal. It was worth it.
Alan

Mista Bone
09-04-2007, 01:39 AM
thanks DD, as just a beginner, a grand is a little much to afford right now.

pegasus
09-04-2007, 10:07 AM
damm it i just bought 1

Mista Bone
09-04-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm gonna keep an eye for the local auctions, also a tranny shop I've helped at might know of one. I really don't have room right now in moms garage, and doubt it would be liked in my 10x30 storage unit in Tri-County.