PDA

View Full Version : What kind of cable internet and TV combo would you recommend?

92StangMan
08-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Those of you that live in the Cincy area, what company have you had good expierence with in regards to cable internet and TV? I see that the typical major companies offer service out there along with Cincinnati Bell. Is CB very good?

Thanks

Buckeye
08-25-2007, 05:52 PM
We have WOW up here and I love it but not sure it is down there

cstreu1026
08-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Cb is probably cheaper for TV and internet service but Time Warner I know offers faster service but their customer service blows.

MrsAPE
08-25-2007, 08:52 PM
We have directv for satelite tv. cincinnati bell zoomtown for internet. love directv. price was right on zoomtown. not a lot of complaints on either.

stangman_5
08-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Cb is probably cheaper for TV and internet service but Time Warner I know offers faster service but their customer service blows.

I agree I have time warner and they are pretty good but sometimes they are not as helpful as they could be.

95redstang
08-25-2007, 09:34 PM
We have directv for satelite tv. cincinnati bell zoomtown for internet. love directv. price was right on zoomtown. not a lot of complaints on either.

I have the same set up..... Direct tv is bad only when there is a big storm...

92StangMan
08-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Mind if I ask how much your internet and TV bills run? I'm just trying to get an idea on how much I'll be spending a month.

95redstang
08-26-2007, 05:53 AM
Mind if I ask how much your internet and TV bills run? I'm just trying to get an idea on how much I'll be spending a month.

I'm going to say around $100 for everything. Direct tv is maybe $50 or so and the internet is bundled with my phone junk. I have the Cincinnati Bell complete connection crap. My wife sends out the bills but if I remember right $100 is right in that area..

cstreu1026
08-26-2007, 08:41 AM
When we had Time Warner we had digital cable with Shotime and Cinemax, HD service, 2 HD DVR's, and Road Runner and our bill was about $140 a month. We swtiched everything to ATT (since we are in the Dayton area) and for ATT/Yahoo DSL, Dish Network Sat. TV with 2 DVR's and Shotime, our home phone, and two cell phones with 900 minutes we pay just over $200/month.

mach_u
08-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I have Time Warner, their speed is worlds faster that Zoomtown but their customer service does leave a little to be desired. I have a great package though - Hbo, Showtime, Cinemax, DVR/HD box and Road Runner for 110(after fees, etc.)

Black Hole
08-26-2007, 01:22 PM
I have Time Warner, their speed is worlds faster that Zoomtown but their customer service does leave a little to be desired. I have a great package though - Hbo, Showtime, Cinemax, DVR/HD box and Road Runner for 110(after fees, etc.)
I'm about the same with the exception of not having Showtime.

Once my current "package" expires, I'll be switching the cable to satellite with Dish or Direct TV unless TW puts me in another good package.

Their customer service does suck though...... :mad:

ibstrokin
08-26-2007, 01:52 PM
I work for at&t as a repairman/dsl technician. TWC likes to advertise how much faster they are than the phone company. We offer up to 6meg dsl service, most people don't need that kind of speed, so they opt for the cheaper 1.5m or 3m service. Our service doesn't slow down just because your neighbors are connected, your on your own loop. I personnaly have a 1.5m service, which works great for the way I use the internet, if you are downloading really large files often, or have multiple computers with multiple users, you may want a faster connection. But it's nice to have the option of reduced speed for reduced cost. Dsl also allows you to be on the computer and the telephone @ the same time, and I think the 1.5m service is only $15 a month,aol used to charge $25 a month for dial-up. Really, both companies(att/twc) offer a good product, it's just a matter of who gives the best deal.

92StangMan
08-27-2007, 12:09 AM
What is the best way to getting the most out of both? Just calling both companies and seeing what package they offer? I'm extremely new to all of this, LOL.

Dirtyd0g
08-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Time Warner sucks. I had them since they bought adelphia. It was nothing but hassles and is supposed to be faster, yet I just found it unreliable. Might have been faster when it worked. I went with cincinanti bell and dish network. I am happy with zoomtown so far the dish I think I should have gone with direct tv.
Alan