PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Couture dominate Gonzaga tonight?

92StangMan
08-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Randy is a phenomenal athlete and he deserves all the respect in the world.

Paul408Notch
08-26-2007, 02:40 AM
I agree. It was a hell of a fight. I think it would have been even better if Gonzaga's nose hadn't exploded and made it hard for him to breathe. Nonetheless... I still think Couture would have won.

dedpedal
08-26-2007, 08:40 AM
We watched it next door. I dont know what we were watching as its the first time Ive seen that type of fighting but there was some serious ass kicking going on.

chad393na
08-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Yes, it was awesome! I really like seeing Koschek getting his face pummelled too, he's an asshole:lol:

93hawk
08-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Yes, it was awesome! I really like seeing Koschek getting his face pummelled too, he's an asshole:lol:

yea that was great..iwish he would of got k.o.

Black Hole
08-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Unfortunately I missed the fight, but I'll check it out online this week. ;)

ibstrokin
08-26-2007, 01:32 PM
I didn't get to watch it, who won, what's the story with couture

92StangMan
08-27-2007, 12:14 AM

I like watching Koscheck because he's tough but when he said that he would control the wrestling against GSP, it showed some ignorance. Josh is a great wrestler and I'm not taking anything away, but when GSP stuffs Penn's take downs, I knew he would do the same to Koscheck. Hopefully Kos learns from this and comes back a smarter and better fighter. He has a legit chance of being a contender for the belt in the next 1.5-2 years.

92StangMan
08-27-2007, 12:16 AM
I didn't get to watch it, who won, what's the story with couture

Couture won. Randy is 44-years-old and considered ancient in relative age as far as other UFC fighters go, yet he still dominates.

conley1000000
08-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Yeah Couture is a FREAK! Bad ass guy...Hes already in the hall of fame!

Mike
08-27-2007, 01:10 AM

Hahahahaha I couldn't agree more.

I am SO happy that fucking monkey Gonzaga got his world fucked up. I think GSP and Couture are the classier, all around better fighters, and were definitely my picks for the night. I could not be happier with the results!

Now... if Rampage can get by Hendo. Eek! Hopefully he can step his game up and get through a real contender. His first 2 fights in the UFC were walk throughs. I think Chuck might be a drugged up, untrained idiot now? Too bad he let himself go.

92StangMan
08-27-2007, 01:16 AM
I wouldn't call Chuck a "walk-through" although that's how it went down. If Rampage can get past Hendo, he'll have Shogun to look forward to.

Mike
08-27-2007, 01:58 AM
I wouldn't call Chuck a "walk-through" although that's how it went down. If Rampage can get past Hendo, he'll have Shogun to look forward to.

Normally I would say Chuck is the most dangerous fighter in the UFC, or all of MMA, BUT, I think he has become this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFvHuKAASe8

I really hope he gets his shit together. If he loses to Jardine, he needs to retire. Skill to skill, he never should have lost to Rampage.

92StangMan
08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Chuck the most dangerous guy in all of MMA? Not even close. Check out Fedor. IMO, the most dangerous guy in the UFC is BJ Penn.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I missed it but i called the fight as soon as i heard about it. I had no doubt he wouldn't win...not because Gonzaga can't fight or anything, i just didn't think being younger was enough to beat the incredible experience that Randy has. He should kick a few more asses and then retire again and become a trainer.

5.0calypso93lx
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Overall an awesome show.

How about Roger Huerta using the screens in the stands to smash that guys face in with his elbows!

Kendal Grove is one of my favorite guys to come out of the ultimate fighter show, shame to see him lose.

Black Hole
08-27-2007, 03:23 PM
I missed it but i called the fight as soon as i heard about it. I had no doubt he wouldn't win...not because Gonzaga can't fight or anything, i just didn't think being younger was enough to beat the incredible experience that Randy has. He should kick a few more asses and then retire again and become a trainer.
Randy already trains more than a few guys... ;)

He has two training facilities with partner Dean Lister.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Randy already trains more than a few guys... ;)

He has two training facilities with partner Dean Lister.

OK then....just keep kicking ass then i guess :lol: Don't stop until you can't win anymore....go out like Gracie did.

95redstang
08-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Chuck the most dangerous guy in all of MMA? Not even close. Check out Fedor. IMO, the most dangerous guy in the UFC is BJ Penn.

There is a new guy coming to the UFC..He is one to watch..Ricky"the hammer " Bellamy...

Brandon Alsept
08-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I hate the heavyweight class LOL. To slow and boring to watch not to mention they are out of breath before the 1st round is done.

As far as dangerous man in UFC I think it will become Dan Henderson after he whoops Rampages's ass and has both belts.

Mike
08-28-2007, 12:29 PM

I know who Fedor is, and I can not wait until he makes his way to the UFC, BUT... His fight with Mirko went to a decision, and we know what happened to Mirko in the UFC.

Mike
08-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I hate the heavyweight class LOL. To slow and boring to watch not to mention they are out of breath before the 1st round is done.

As far as dangerous man in UFC I think it will become Dan Henderson after he whoops Rampages's ass and has both belts.

First off... I don't think the Couture vs. Gonzaga fight was boring at all, I thought the pace was quick enough, and it went down like it was supposed to :cool2:

Secondly, the fight between Rampage and Henderson is NOT for any titles.

"It will absolutely be a unification bout. We have to respect Henderson's titles. He knocked out Wanderlei Silva and had the 185-pound championship. When he fights "Rampage", they both have belts. Why should Dan Henderson get the UFC title if "Rampage" can't get the PRIDE titles? It makes one of them the undisputed guy."

-Dana White

Walter
08-28-2007, 12:40 PM

If Hendo beats Rampage, Hendo will have 3 belts. I guarantee if that happens, Hendo's next fight will be the winner of the Silva/Franklin fight. Which will natrually be Silva. Nothing against Franklin but Silva has his #.

Anyhow this will line up Hendo to aquire 4 belts (Pride middle/light heavy) and (UFC Middle/light heavy).

Walter
08-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Couture is a beast!

I can see it now.

"Randy the Natural Couture vs. 30 foot anaconda!"

92StangMan
08-28-2007, 01:07 PM
I know who Fedor is, and I can not wait until he makes his way to the UFC, BUT... His fight with Mirko went to a decision, and we know what happened to Mirko in the UFC.

The fight may have went to decision but Fedor dominated the whole time. Mirko hasn't really looked comfortable in the octagon (he's now training in a cage after getting KO'd) and even looked bad against Sanchez.

I don't look to see Fedor in the UFC anytime soon. It seems Fedor wants to continue doing his Sambo tournaments in Russia while Dana doesn't want him to. We might be seeing Fedor in K-1 sometime in the near future.

Mike
08-28-2007, 02:45 PM
If Hendo beats Rampage, Hendo will have 3 belts. I guarantee if that happens, Hendo's next fight will be the winner of the Silva/Franklin fight. Which will natrually be Silva. Nothing against Franklin but Silva has his #.

Anyhow this will line up Hendo to aquire 4 belts (Pride middle/light heavy) and (UFC Middle/light heavy).

Read the post one above.

Hendo vs. Rampage = No titles on the line.

Walter
08-28-2007, 05:00 PM
I must have missed that. Ive never seen a champ fight and it not be for the title.

ilie2girls
08-28-2007, 05:31 PM

Henderson wears Rampage underwear! Rampage ftw :lol:

Brandon Alsept
08-28-2007, 06:57 PM
That is odd I thought it was for the belt. Thanks for teh correction Mike. I was just saying though I just don't like the pace of a heavyweight bout it just seems so slow. I know it is a good pace for them and was a good fight just not what I like watching.

LOL I am sure Henderson wears rampage undies, since he has beat his ass twice in pride;)

ilie2girls
08-29-2007, 07:03 AM
That is odd I thought it was for the belt. Thanks for teh correction Mike. I was just saying though I just don't like the pace of a heavyweight bout it just seems so slow. I know it is a good pace for them and was a good fight just not what I like watching.

LOL I am sure Henderson wears rampage undies, since he has beat his ass twice in pride;)

I'm aware of that...just thought it was funny and really want Rampage to win, even though Henderson is a cool dude too. Shogun is gonna come in and whoop both of them.

88ssp
08-29-2007, 09:35 PM
I heard Couture actually experienced a broken arm in that fight and still won? Is this true?

I remember seeing him on Pros vs Joes--he was beating some ass (as much as he could in that show).