PDA

View Full Version : Need a job?

Mista Bone
08-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Koch Foods in Fairfield needs people for first shift.

180-200 on first shift crew, 160 arrested :)

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=e9e849ba-17a8-40cb-85ec-a0b664e931f7

Doubt second shift will report.

I worked there two days, was THE minority.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Holy crap.....Koch owns Georgia Pacific...the place i just got a job :eek:

I think i'm ok though, we've got like 1 Mexican in the whole place :lol:

95redstang
08-28-2007, 08:54 PM
I was by there today..They had police everywhere. I seen about 5 big white busses also. Get rid of all the illegals...My moms work is probably the next raid.....

mach_u
08-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Sweet! Now if they would just send their asses back across the border we'd be in good shape!

chris91
08-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Holy crap.....Koch owns Georgia Pacific...the place i just got a job :eek:

I think i'm ok though, we've got like 1 Mexican in the whole place :lol:

You workin over at the Batavia plant? My buddy works over there. If so be prepared for the goofy shift changes. He makes good money though so I guess its worth it.

Mista Bone
08-29-2007, 04:37 AM
I was by there today..They had police everywhere. I seen about 5 big white busses also. Get rid of all the illegals...My moms work is probably the next raid.....

Pierre Foods?

PaulFiveOh
08-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Koch Foods in Fairfield needs people for first shift.

180-200 on first shift crew, 160 arrested :)

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=e9e849ba-17a8-40cb-85ec-a0b664e931f7

Doubt second shift will report.

I worked there two days, was THE minority.

Heck Yea! Ship them wetbacks back.

Fuckers using my taxes for welfare....when they are not even a citizen.

Yeh For Conservative Ohio!

95redstang
08-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Pierre Foods?

Yep!!

Kevin Doe
08-29-2007, 09:18 AM
A friend of mine works there second shift. He was told to not come to work for the next two days, and then they'd contact him after that. They also shutdown the corporate offices. Looks like there will be a lot of people out of work around here.

Yes, those illegal immigrants took work from US citizens, but how do you think your ancestors got here? They're only trying to make a better life for their families, just like the rest of us. Part of me feels bad for them. They are so fearful that all they have done to better their families lives is endangered that they're hiding in harmful places in the plant.

There have been guys hiding in the meat freezers, subzero freezers, IN THE MEAT, on top of boilers, etc. There have been many people taken to the hospital over this. Just imagine, you brought your family here for oppurtunity far beyond what you had in Mexico, and then its all going to be taken from your in a snap of a finger. Its not like these guys are lazy and want the easy way out. The majority of them are good hard workers.

I'm just trying to show the other side of things that people dont' usually think about.

95redstang
08-29-2007, 10:00 AM
A friend of mine works there second shift. He was told to not come to work for the next two days, and then they'd contact him after that. They also shutdown the corporate offices. Looks like there will be a lot of people out of work around here.

Yes, those illegal immigrants took work from US citizens, but how do you think your ancestors got here? They're only trying to make a better life for their families, just like the rest of us. Part of me feels bad for them. They are so fearful that all they have done to better their families lives is endangered that they're hiding in harmful places in the plant.

There have been guys hiding in the meat freezers, subzero freezers, IN THE MEAT, on top of boilers, etc. There have been many people taken to the hospital over this. Just imagine, you brought your family here for oppurtunity far beyond what you had in Mexico, and then its all going to be taken from your in a snap of a finger. Its not like these guys are lazy and want the easy way out. The majority of them are good hard workers.

I'm just trying to show the other side of things that people dont' usually think about.

I agree that they are hard workers but there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. A guy I use to work with at Coca-Cola spent a ton of time and money so he could bring his wife from the Phillipines here. He did it the LEGAL way. He didn't smuggle her in.
From what I see here in Faifield and you probably do as well, is a lot of white girls having babies with the illegals. Then the boyfriends get busted for being here illegally then the girlfriends go bitching to reporters that the govt destroyed their family...

Kevin Doe
08-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I know their is a "right way." But the "right way" will never get a mexican in, not in time to feed and shelter his family. I just try to put myself in their shoes, I think I'd do the same thing. They don't have 10-15 years to wait, nor a lot of money to get into this country. They're not doing it to be "bad" or take our jobs, they're jsut wanting oppurtunity and a better life for their family. Is that so bad. I don't hate on them, but it does certainly pose a problem for US citizens who want those jobs.

Its a global market now, and companies are going to pay for cheap labor where available. If a mexican gets a job over a US citizen, because the US guy wants more pay, doesn't that just mean that the US guy should accept less pay, because thats what the labor is worth now a days? I parallel it to used cars. If two guys are selling identical cars, and one guy is selling his for more money, he'll never sell any cars. He needs to realize that his competition is selling the car for less. He will either go out of buisness or lower his prices. Looks like US workers out of jobs are choosing the "go out of buisness" route instead of accepting less pay. Either way it sucks. I come from a blue collar family.

Gene
08-29-2007, 10:36 AM
It's irrelevant whether they're good hard workers or not. They're undocumented and in this country illegally. So they are going to get arrested and deported (at least in a perfect world).

Personally I don't give two shits if the legal channels are tough. That's not my problem. You break the law, you get punished, simple as that.

I would be a firm proponent of a guest worker program. Most countries in Europe have some sort of a system and it works well. But there are too many security risks in having millions of people in this country that we can't/don't account for.

Kevin Doe
08-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Gene, how do you think your'e ancestors got here? Everyone here short of american indians are immigrants. They likely were illegal immigrants, only during a time where the enforcement of such laws was much more relaxed. Sure they're breaking the law, but wouldn't you if you were in the same position. Thats all I'm trying to say. Just try and see it from their point of view. I would unquestionably do whatever it takes to give my family food, shelter, and education; even if that required going to another country becasue the current country I live in doens't have such oppurtunities.

Edit, I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished, I'm just trying to help people thing about things from not such a 1 sided view.

mach_u
08-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Gene, how do you think your'e ancestors got here? Everyone here short of american indians are immigrants. They likely were illegal immigrants, only during a time where the enforcement of such laws was much more relaxed. Sure they're breaking the law, but wouldn't you if you were in the same position. Thats all I'm trying to say. Just try and see it from their point of view. I would unquestionably do whatever it takes to give my family food, shelter, and education; even if that required going to another country becasue the current country I live in doens't have such oppurtunities.

Edit, I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished, I'm just trying to help people thing about things from not such a 1 sided view.

Nothing personally against you Kevin as you seem like a great guy but as an immigrant to this country myself, I can't tell you much your view pisses me off. I still remember standing in the immigration office, raising my hand and feeling a real sense of accomplishment having made it into this country. I would gladly stand and fight along side any other American to protect our freedoms. All money I make stays in this country, a large chunk of it going towards taxes to pay for social rights that these criminals abuse each and every day. I spent the majority of my time in this country until I got married without health care because I could not afford to carry it and yet some border jumping fuck can have 30 friggin kids and I have to pay for each hospital visit? I have a friend who is trying to get his parents to immigrate and has spent years on the process. His mom is an RN and his dad a medical Dr - both educated individuals who are going to be asset to the community - however Pablo potato picker simply walks across whereas they are still waiting. Don't even get me started about the security problems we are creating by having 10's of thousands crossing our borders with no clue about their criminal pasts and intentions in this country. So no, I don't "feel bad" for them. If their country is so bad, they need to stay and fix their problems - not fuck up ours. Rant over...

95redstang
08-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Pablo potato picker...:lol::lol::lol::lol:
That's great!!!

Kevin Doe
08-29-2007, 11:37 PM
AJ, I'm pushing that side of the arguement so hard just for the sake of discussion, since its clearly the other side of what most people here think. I often play the devils advocate durin discussions. Having another side to debate with, causes you to challenge your thoughts on the subject, which could either firm up your arguement, or make you re-evaluate your current stance. I have found that when discussing issues with friends its always beneficial to take the opposing side of the arguement, just to see if the logic from the other side is solid. Please, do not take this as my complete view on the subject.

I think if you asked me what my view on it actually are, you'd find that I agree with nearly everything you just said.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the security risks, and I also agree about deporting them. I hate that my taxes go to welfare, etc. I hate paying for illegals just like everyone else.

But, for the sake of arguement, can't you imagine a situation so bad, that you can't stick around and try to create change, or wait years on a waiting list? I can only imagine many of these imigrants had short term needs to take car of (food, shelter, etc).

Side note, where are you from AJ?

Gene
08-29-2007, 11:46 PM

No, they all came through Ellis Island in the early 1900s. Legally. I have seem my great-grandparent's names in the registry there. I can't help it if the rules were different then than they are now.

Like I said before, I support a guest worker program. But just because someone wants a better life shouldn't give them free reign to break our laws. I want a Ferrari, but if I steal one I go to jail. So I work towards getting one through legal means.

Mista Bone
08-30-2007, 01:59 AM
Kevin, I worked at Koch for two days. I've worked in the food industry for 20 years and the work "they" were doing at Koch was just about slave labor. I cannot see how anything passed USDA inspection.

Monty, the HR guy is a double talker, but it was a job. Inside the plant it is a MAZE. I hired on for S&R to unload and load trucks, then would be on night shift pulling orders to load. The standup forklifts were "backwards" from the Raymonds I used at SYSCO in Evendale. Try driving you car, but to turn left you crank the steering wheel to the right. I also ran over a few workers, scared me good.

Also there is alot of wasted motion/labor there. When a skid is brought off pack line, it's wrapped, then someone takes it into the freezer and puts it in a slot. Then another person during the night audits that it was properly put away. ANother person in the miorning audits the auditor. If the inventory system was designed right once a month spot checks would be needed.

Unloading incoming fresh meat......first all would be pulled off, the listed weights wrote down, checked against BoL. Then wait for the OK to weigh them. Turn in paperwork and then wait for slot labels to be printed. What should only take 45-60 minutes now takes 3-4 HOURS.

It is a sadly ran company, this coming from 20 years at Copaz/John Morrell and SYSCO Foods.

Too have THAT many illegals, you KNOW their paperwork isn't right. Of the 161 "detained" normally 25-30 would have false paperwork, not 80% of the day shift crew!

About them being "illegal".......

Lets ask the "American Indian" and illegal immigration. The southwest was inhabited by the "mexicans" before we stole their land. We steal, make laws...........

JUST LIKE BUSH!!!!!!!!

flipside........

Yes, I wish there was a way to control them coming across the border. Think of the disease and other filth they could be bring in. Most aren't used to indoor pluming, when they wipe their ass they throw the TP into the garbage can. No can and it goes on the floor! YUCK!

Our Government has done LITTLE to stop the "invasion"......IMHO because they want the cheap (SLAVE?) labor here to do the "lowly" jobs.

I'll stop now, beer is kicking in, dyslexia winning the battle of my mind.

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My forefathers who did the LOWLY jobs of digging canals came in thru Canada.

Irish and Welsh men dug the canals. Then we hired the Chinese to help build the railroads in the west. Kinda a little pattern there.........

I will say this, 99% of the people on this board are misinformed about the "latinos" and how they pay taxes. MOST work, but there are those that take advantage of the public welfare systems...............

Now where do you think they learn that from? The lowlifes already on welfare!

junk89lx
08-30-2007, 02:25 AM
Why cant they get a job in mexico since thats where alot of our jobs went? met a guy at the semi truck show in ky. and he was bragging how his company is mexico's largest employer...DELPHI

dedpedal
08-30-2007, 06:16 AM
http://static.flickr.com/39/84794196_1ffc979d41.jpg

THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!!!!

mach_u
08-30-2007, 07:54 AM
AJ, I'm pushing that side of the arguement so hard just for the sake of discussion, since its clearly the other side of what most people here think. I often play the devils advocate durin discussions. Having another side to debate with, causes you to challenge your thoughts on the subject, which could either firm up your arguement, or make you re-evaluate your current stance. I have found that when discussing issues with friends its always beneficial to take the opposing side of the arguement, just to see if the logic from the other side is solid. Please, do not take this as my complete view on the subject.

I think if you asked me what my view on it actually are, you'd find that I agree with nearly everything you just said.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the security risks, and I also agree about deporting them. I hate that my taxes go to welfare, etc. I hate paying for illegals just like everyone else.

But, for the sake of arguement, can't you imagine a situation so bad, that you can't stick around and try to create change, or wait years on a waiting list? I can only imagine many of these imigrants had short term needs to take car of (food, shelter, etc).
Sorry dude, it's just really hot subject for me! lol It's not the fact of people taking jobs that has ever bothered me - hell, I'm 100x more frustrated by outsourcing to India, Pakistan, etc. by Dell, Symantec, Linksys, etc. I have always been a fan of the temporary worker idea. Documented workers that can come across the border, we know who they are, there is no under the table underhandedness and perhaps are limited by the amount of money that can be sent back. I think if the playing fields are evened up and American and legal immigrant workers are making the same money, then it becomes a matter of who works the hardest keeps their job - and that's the way most businesses operate. The Mexican people need to stand up however and work to make sure their own country's problems are resolved. Perhaps instead of focusing our attention on so much on the other side of the world we should be working to help Mexico clean up their corruption and help build their own economy?

Side note, where are you from AJ?
I was born and raised in New Zealand until the age of 14. :bigthumb

02mingryGT
08-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Some of people need to read your history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican-American_War

Spain owned Texas, California ect. Mexico got it from Spain after it's independence. when Texas seceded you had the Alamo then the Mexican War which we won and then got the rest as spoils. That's a lot different from "stolen". "Taken" would be more like it. The land never was Mexican homeland. It was Indian. I'm part Cherokee so when do I get the Southeast back? Basing an argument on what has passed is ignorant. Here is now and we have laws that need to be respected and enforced or there will be more militiaman like groups formed. And the major difference between this group and all the others that came to this country is they did the most basic things like learn the damn language. If you want to speak Spanish then take your ass home.

Kevin Doe
08-30-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure how that even relates to what we are talking about, but for the sake of discusion, I'll reply. For what its worth, I'm part Chippawa Indian.

I dont' think that the people that moved to american learned "our language." The majority of the settlers spoke english (england, ireland, etc). There is no national language of the United States. It just so happens taht most of us speak English. I know I will be learning spanish very soon. Only because it is clearly going to be an important part of life soon (for me at least). My company works with mexican nationals, and I am in contact with mexians often, and woudl like to know what they're saying. It also might help out in my new occupation that I'm thinking about pursuing.

02mingryGT
08-30-2007, 06:44 PM
I posted that for the people saying we stole Mexico's land. And it was actually Democrats who favored that war. My how times change.

Some of the original immigrants to this country did speak English but what about the Germans, Poles, Czechs, Russians, Italians, Japanese and so on and so forth? You don't really believe that the majority of immigrants to this country spoke English do you? Arnold Schwarzenegger still isn't speaking ze Deutsch is he?

Yes your learning Spanish for a business benefit which is smart on your part. What I'm talking about is learning the language of the country your in if you expect to stay here.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
You workin over at the Batavia plant? My buddy works over there. If so be prepared for the goofy shift changes. He makes good money though so I guess its worth it.

Yeah i know....it may not be the longest lived job though, they seem like a bunch of A-holes.

95redstang
08-30-2007, 07:12 PM
I posted that for the people saying we stole Mexico's land. And it was actually Democrats who favored that war. My how times change.

Some of the original immigrants to this country did speak English but what about the Germans, Poles, Czechs, Russians, Italians, Japanese and so on and so forth? You don't really believe that the majority of immigrants to this country spoke English do you? Arnold Schwarzenegger still isn't speaking ze Deutsch is he?

Yes your learning Spanish for a business benefit which is smart on your part. What I'm talking about is learning the language of the country your in if you expect to stay here.

Yeah I am sick of calling somewhere and being asked to push 1 for English or 2 for Spanish. It's on ATM's now.

Timido
08-30-2007, 07:13 PM
They should pay a decent wage and hire LEGAL workers. Cincinnati is the 3rd poorest city I would think that some are wellfare handout seekers but I believe that there are people who want to work and can not find decent paying jobs. It is a shame that companys are probably hiring illegals to work more hours for less pay.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/13998131/detail.html?rss=cin&psp=news

Mista Bone
08-31-2007, 07:42 AM
Some of people need to read your history

Spanish Conquistas left their familys in SPAIN and came to the New World. They screwed the natives, the offspring were "mexicans"......a mix between Spainish and native Indians.

If you were full blooded Spainard you were the higher rank in society. If you were a male offspring......well, the negro slaves in the US had a better life.

Timido, what is a business to do if the work is so bad only the illegals will risk signing on?

All about profit margins.

Gene
08-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Timido, what is a business to do if the work is so bad only the illegals will risk signing on?

Then it's time to rethink their business plan. If you can't be profitable paying legal immigrants or US Citizens, than you have a flawed business model.

02mingryGT
08-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Then it's time to rethink their business plan. If you can't be profitable paying legal immigrants or US Citizens, than you have a flawed business model.

Or your just a greedy SOB.

Xuzhu
08-31-2007, 12:15 PM

I don't think anyone would have a problem if all they did was come here and work at shitty jobs for $8 an hour, but they're not. Like someone else said they come here have a bunch of babies and rape the government's system of having to provide them healthcare. How many of these illegals are driving around with no insurance? And let me remind you of a large factor of how fucked up some of these people are. Last summer at the Mason Pub a guy was stabbed to death, by 3 mexicans with I believe 2 of those guys being illegal. The murderer in that case had actually done it before in Tennessee, was deported, came back and killed again. So ya, some of them might be trying to fly under the radar and work, but don't think they're all so harmless.

Silver Bullet
08-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Kevin, no offense but I couldn't disagree with you more on some of your views.... Yes they are trying to better themselves but they have NO RESPECT FOR OUR LAWS OR VIEWS! I come deal with them on a daily basis.... and they KNOW they are breaking the law, but they do not seem to care at all. They act as if they know NO English.... Till I ask them to you understand I will take your A$$ to Jail.... it amazes me how fast they learn English.... No driver's license, no insurance have'n people...... wait till they crash into your project.... opppssss hope you have insurance.....:rolleyes:

Kevin Doe
08-31-2007, 04:52 PM
i can't read...

Yeah, no shit. Aparently you missed the few posts where I said those aren't my views, and that I was just playing the devils advocate to strike up a conversation/debate. :lol:

Timido
08-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Spanish Conquistas left their familys in SPAIN and came to the New World. They screwed the natives, the offspring were "mexicans"......a mix between Spainish and native Indians.

If you were full blooded Spainard you were the higher rank in society. If you were a male offspring......well, the negro slaves in the US had a better life.

All about profit margins.

Pack up the buisness and take it to Mexico!

mach_u
08-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Pack up the buisness and take it to Mexico!
Unfortunately a lot of U.S. business is moving to Mexico... Ford comes to mind! :mad:

bcoh5gt
08-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Give them 2 options..... not just the Mexicans, all illegals. #1 Stay in the U.S.? Go to the sandbox for two years and fight for the country you want to be in. Or #2 Go back to your country. We have our soldiers over there fighting while these low life fucks are living it up.

Timido
08-31-2007, 07:33 PM
The reason they are moving buisness to Mexico is cheap labor and easy money. Impose Tariffs that will hurt the product sales and use the money from the Tariffs to help educate and to support the Welfare system. I know it is not a perfect word but the US needs to take action to impower all of ITS people not impower other countrys. Educated children in good home environments become good tax paying hard working individuals who take pride in what they do. Big money comes from big buisness like Ford and Oil companys the government does what is best for the people in power not for the hard working low middle class family who LEGALLY works to pay their taxes, insurance on their cars, and contributes to their local economy. Illegal workers dont care about our country or your neighbors. They are not held responsible for their actions.

Wake Up America

PITTs Off

331TwistedWedge
08-31-2007, 10:35 PM
you guys are all full of shit .............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Silver Bullet
08-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, no shit. Aparently you missed the few posts where I said those aren't my views, and that I was just playing the devils advocate to strike up a conversation/debate. :lol:

Guess it worked after a few long winded rants, I have to admit.... I did stop reading to post... here is one for me...:HYF: