PDA

View Full Version : Slick mounting and alignment?

nordi
08-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to mount slicks on the east side preferrably? Also where to get an alignment done on a car with a full UPR front kit including CC plates? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Nordi

bobtsgt
08-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Mach U and I got out alignment done at Bethel Alignment after our coilover installs. It was only about $38 I think and they went over every bolt. I know of someone that could mount & balance your slicks but he will be in Columbus this weekend :D

nordi
08-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Mach U and I got out alignment done at Bethel Alignment after our coilover installs. It was only about $38 I think and they went over every bolt. I know of someone that could mount & balance your slicks but he will be in Columbus this weekend :D

Are you referring to the alignment shop that does frame work too right on 133on the left side going out of Bethel? Who can mount them?

Nordi

bobtsgt
08-31-2007, 08:20 AM
This is the place. http://cincinnatibellyellowpages.com/MIP/MIPBizInfo.aspx?bid=102025406

I can mount and balance them but I wouldn't be able to do it til next week. My machines are near eastgate. Are they tubeless?

mach_u
08-31-2007, 08:47 AM
+1 for Bethel Frame & Body. They have done work for several people on here as well as a great job on my Mustang after replacing my front suspension. Can't beat the price plus they went the extra mile on my car!

nordi
08-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks Bob and AJ for the info. I'll get with you to mount my slicks Bob. Not in a real hury though. They're for UMTR next year. There are tubeless, But I'd like to put tubes in them so they'll actually hold air. PM me your number and I'll get in touch.

Nordi

bobtsgt
09-02-2007, 08:08 PM
never done a tube tire before. Not sure on how to do it but I'm willing to try anything once.

aperacer
09-02-2007, 09:19 PM
never done a tube tire before. Not sure on how to do it but I'm willing to try anything once.

is that what happened.......:D

use poweder... and is the rim drilled for a valve stem on a tube? i ran into problems with 10 hole wheels once.. just my .02 worth.. good luck..

nordi
09-03-2007, 12:31 AM
is that what happened.......:D

use poweder... and is the rim drilled for a valve stem on a tube? i ran into problems with 10 hole wheels once.. just my .02 worth.. good luck..

The slicks are going on Draglites. I assume they are ready for slicks. Bob, I'd appreciate you giving it a shot. I haven't got the tubes yet. Like I said before, no real hurry, just want to be ready for next season.

Nordi

aperacer
09-03-2007, 08:38 AM
the draglites have enough room for the valve stem. if i remember correctly the stem will have a nut to hold it in place on the wheel.