PDA

View Full Version : WARNING!! CREDIT/DEBIT CARD SCAM in NKY

bestracing
08-31-2007, 08:34 AM
THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!

I didn't see this posted but I know quite a few members are from the NKy region and thought I would spread the word.

If you have eaten at Margaritas off Mt. Zion Rd. and have used your credit/debit card to pay, keep a close eye on your account or better yet just cancel the card and have a new one sent to you. Seems a waiter was stealing the card info and selling to people in Mexico racking up charges on the cards.

See the full story here http://news.nky.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20070828/NEWS0103/708280402

Holly
08-31-2007, 08:36 AM
I saw this on the news earlier this week.

It makes you afraid to use your debit card in restraurants. This guy did it all alone too.

JonS
08-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the heads up. We eat there all the time and always pay with a card. My wife's debit card was compromised a month or two back and used by someone in California. The bank took care of that, I wonder if it is related. I'll have to look into it. Thanks again

cstreu1026
08-31-2007, 09:27 AM
That why I don't use my debit card, only a credit card. Your have a lot more protection with a credit card.

95redstang
08-31-2007, 10:13 AM
From what they were saying on the news the guy who was stealing all the info, was selling all the credit card info to people in Mexico...
It is starting to suck that you can't really use your credit cards anymore. I carry very little cash especially when I am driving the limos. If I do get robbed they can't get any cash from me. If they do take my credit cards I can always cancel them and make a police report so I won't be responsible for any of the charges while my cards were stolen...

Black92LX
08-31-2007, 11:59 AM
From what they were saying on the news the guy who was stealing all the info, was selling all the credit card info to people in Mexico...
It is starting to suck that you can't really use your credit cards anymore. I carry very little cash especially when I am driving the limos. If I do get robbed they can't get any cash from me. If they do take my credit cards I can always cancel them and make a police report so I won't be responsible for any of the charges while my cards were stolen...

this is very common place especially if they have ties to any latin gangs.

PaulFiveOh
08-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Another reason why we should exterminate illegal aliens.

Silver Bullet
08-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Another reason why we should exterminate illegal aliens.

Wait till you have to deal with them on a daily basis and they feed you the same bullshit.......:mad:

fastone
08-31-2007, 07:25 PM
Please contact the Florence police or Boone County Sheriff's office and let them know!!! You were probably hit by this guy!!!

Thanks for the heads up. We eat there all the time and always pay with a card. My wife's debit card was compromised a month or two back and used by someone in California. The bank took care of that, I wonder if it is related. I'll have to look into it. Thanks again