PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing question

DeckerEnt
09-03-2007, 05:54 PM
I replaced an outside water faucet today. Well, when I soldered the pipe inside, the spicket must have rotated because now the handle is down and the pipe threads are up. Can I just heat up the connection and twist the pipe to turn it around and then just put more solder around it or do I need to take it apart and start over?
Keith
PM me because I will see that easier.

nowrnty
09-03-2007, 06:46 PM
You have a PM:bigthumb

Blowpastyou
09-03-2007, 10:12 PM
just heat it up and spin it, while its still hot, take a brush and wipe on some flux and then put another round of solder on it. then wipe it with a wrag so it looks nice.

DeckerEnt
09-03-2007, 10:52 PM
The inside pipe is in my storage room so it doesn't have to look nice, just not leak.
Keith

Blowpastyou
09-03-2007, 11:13 PM
It wont leak as long as you can get all the water out of it before you try to heat it up. Water and solder do not mix, the water will cause steam and push the solder right out. Also make sure you have the hose bib open as well as a couple other fixtures. If the hose bib has anti syphon, you'll definetly have to have other faucets open because it will not be able to breath. It might just be easier for you to cut it and put a coupling in. That way you can get all the water out for sure and wont have to worry about it.