PDA

View Full Version : Announcer at NMRA race......are you kidding me?

RIXXX93GT
09-04-2007, 09:32 AM
I have never heard so many fugged up names and story lines in my life as this weekend in Columbus. The last straw was when he kept saying "stangbusters" when Vinny's car and the Pinks car were rollin down the track. He was screwing up everyones name and Im talking guys that had been NMRA champions all weekend. I had to chuckle as I went down every run announced as Mandy a Vetrinarian from Wisconsin. This lovely salutation followed me from True Street into Brackets on Sunday. By the way my name is RICK from VANDALIA OHIO. Anyone else catch all the mistakes?

Holly
09-04-2007, 09:34 AM
I heard the Stang"busters" part, I was cracking up. I went up there and gave him all the info, and he wrote it down, I guess he can't even read his own writing. :lol:

JonS
09-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I didn't want to start a rant, but I'll chime in. That guy sucked. Jamie Meyer got on my nerves in the past, but at least he had some idea of what was going on.

cstreu1026
09-04-2007, 09:46 AM
I didn't want to start a rant, but I'll chime in. That guy sucked. Jamie Meyer got on my nerves in the past, but at least he had some idea of what was going on.

Amen to that. At one point Doug was suppose to be out on the track racing even though is car was sitting in the car show area. That is one impressive accomplishment.

Gene
09-04-2007, 10:06 AM
They should have put Craig and me in the booth. :D

RACEME
09-04-2007, 11:06 AM
That dude was definately hired for his voice and not his knowledge.

e5shea
09-04-2007, 11:07 AM
I have never heard so many fugged up names and story lines in my life as this weekend in Columbus. The last straw was when he kept saying "stangbusters" when Vinny's car and the Pinks car were rollin down the track. He was screwing up everyones name and Im talking guys that had been NMRA champions all weekend. I had to chuckle as I went down every run announced as Mandy a Vetrinarian from Wisconsin. This lovely salutation followed me from True Street into Brackets on Sunday. By the way my name is RICK from VANDALIA OHIO. Anyone else catch all the mistakes?

Settle down Mandy...uh I mean Rick.:lol:

Sharad
09-04-2007, 11:35 AM
yeah, I heard him on video. He sucks pretty bad.

beefcake
09-04-2007, 12:43 PM
i personally used to love doc,

i think he'll be a hard act to follow

and he was always great to us local guys

MrsAPE
09-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Amen to that. At one point Doug was suppose to be out on the track racing even though is car was sitting in the car show area. That is one impressive accomplishment.

Dougie's good!! :cool1:

"who ya gonna call?! stangbusters!!!!"

91lxnos
09-04-2007, 03:00 PM
I agree, when the jet car ran he yelled " Ok wake up Knoxville" Did he even know he was in Ohio????? I too miss the Doc and all his screaming as the cars went down the track....Hell, he yalled out 60', 1/8 mile and everything. I agree hard act to follow.

RIXXX93GT
09-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Never thought I would say it but the Doc is being missed. He kept it exciting. Yea I got worried I was in Knoxville for a minute.

Timido
09-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Yup you cant follow Doc. He Knew just about every racer let alone their name. I can tell you that WFCX sucked all but the anouncing. Doc and Chip H are a great pair in the tower.

MADMOD
09-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Never thought I would say it but the Doc is being missed. He kept it exciting. Yea I got worried I was in Knoxville for a minute.

That is one thing he was good at keeping it exciting! It will be intresting in BG this year:rolleyes:

Grey Wolf
09-04-2007, 07:08 PM
To hear Doc announce, go to the NMRA/NMCA event in Joliet, IL next year. I went up there this year and he was head and shoulders above the other announcer's. It's a shame he can't do the NMRA anymore after doing it for so long and knowing pretty much everyone there!!

ibstrokin
09-04-2007, 07:21 PM
that guy just straight sucked

NXcoupe
09-04-2007, 08:11 PM
What he said^ The Knoxville comment just floored me. He completely sucked, more than a 10 cent hooker does on payday.

chad393na
09-04-2007, 09:30 PM
That guy needed to be smacked for the stangbusters comment! Guess he never heard of hooked on phonics:HYF:

Mista Bone
09-04-2007, 11:09 PM
I bet he meant Zanesville........

BUHBYY
09-05-2007, 12:30 AM
he said I am not a ford guy ?? jeez I should offer my services !!!