PDA

View Full Version : Rampage still on top!

Walter
09-09-2007, 01:41 AM
Nice win by Rampage tonite. Def hard earned. Hendo didnt want that belt bad enough though.

205lb is a crazy division. Cant wait to see shogun beat griffin and see griffin run out of the ring crying again.

Anyhow, Houston is a beast. Im def looking foreward to his next fight.

Bisping looked like ish enven though he won.

What did u guys think?

mach_u
09-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Damn it. I knew I shouldn't have got on the board this morning. I DVRed and was ready to watch it this morning. I figured nobody would have put the results in a thread title, I was wrong... :(

Rich
09-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Rampage was impressive in his ability to "wrestle" with Henderson. I think it really surprised Henderson that he couldn't control rampage on the ground.

The Hamill/Bisping fight was a good one. Hamill has come a long way, much more than just a wrestler now. With some more training/experience...who knows?

Houston looks unstoppable!

A bunch of good fights last night!

Brandon Alsept
09-09-2007, 10:37 AM
The Hendo/Rampage fight was awesome. The way the first round went I thought Hendo all teh way, but was surprised big time by Rampage's ground game. He deserved the win and can't wait until the rematch which will happen soon on American PPV I am sure:D

The Hamill/Bisping I think that was the wrong call. I thought Hamill won that fight. Must be alot of talk about Bisping dropping weight since they mentioned it about 5 times going to the 185.

Houston is just a crazy corn fed dude from Nebraska LOL.

88ssp
09-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Hamill got screwed. Bisping got it handed to him except later in the 3rd round. He then went on to run his cocksucker about how he is so good yada yada. He got it handed to him--his ass and the match.

Bill
09-09-2007, 11:22 AM
I was impressed at how well Rampage wrestled with Henderson. I agree that Dan was probably surprised that he couldn't control Rampage on the ground.

Hamill should have won his fight w/ Bisping. I am not going to get into how dissappointed I am in that decision.

I am a very big Cro-Cop fan, but have been dissappointed with his last two fights. This fight more than his fight with Gonzaga though. Cro-cop was controlling the pace and stalking Kongo the first round. Then the 2nd round started and Kongo switched that around and began to press the action. From there he ruled the ring.

--Bill

YouGotJunk
09-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I was irate when they gave the fight to Bisping. He lost that fight and that's all there is to it. I dont know what he had to do to pursuade the judges but there's no way in hell he should have won!!! Hamill got screwed!!!

5.0calypso93lx
09-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Hamill got screwed. Bisping got it handed to him except later in the 3rd round. He then went on to run his cocksucker about how he is so good yada yada. He got it handed to him--his ass and the match.

Damnit I couldn't agree more. When that little bastard start running his mouth after the fight about how matt kept calling him out, that pissed me off more than anything. I can't wait to see his next fight, I hope whoever it is, breaks his face so he can't fight anymore...

95redstang
09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Matt Hamill is the most boring fighter in the UFC...Dude is a machine as far a wrestling goes. Why didn't he use any of it last night. Does even know any submissions? He just wraps you up in a head lock and starts uppercutting...

5.0calypso93lx
09-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Matt Hamill is the most boring fighter in the UFC...Dude is a machine as far a wrestling goes. Why didn't he use any of it last night. Does even know any submissions? He just wraps you up in a head lock and starts uppercutting...

I was confused as well why he didn't take it to the ground, but he still clearly won that fight.

venomous_svt
09-09-2007, 04:16 PM
The Hamill/Bisping I think that was the wrong call. I thought Hamill won that fight. Must be alot of talk about Bisping dropping weight since they mentioned it about 5 times going to the 185.

Houston is just a crazy corn fed dude from Nebraska LOL.

+1

I was overall disappointed with the big card fights the best was Alexander's fight and the irish hammers fights...the rest was pretty boring...I expected alittle more out of the hendo/jackson fight but hell I won money so I cant complain!

from a bjj stand point...there was open submissions in almost every fight...Why dont the just go ahead and call it k-1 cause the ground game is a thing of the past anymore

Walter
09-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Why dont the just go ahead and call it k-1 cause the ground game is a thing of the past anymore

That just depends on who fighting. Its just evolution of MMA. At first they wanted to brawl. BJJ practitioners came in and cleaned up. But now it seems as if a majority are striking first then falling back on grappling.

Couture called it when he said Hendo likes to strike and if he does Rampage will win.

Hamil stood up the whole fight.

Also seems as if the fighters that still play the ground game prefer to ground and pound vs submissions.

Walter
09-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Damn it. I knew I shouldn't have got on the board this morning. I DVRed and was ready to watch it this morning. I figured nobody would have put the results in a thread title, I was wrong... :(

Youll be ok.

Black Hole
09-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I was impressed at how well Rampage wrestled with Henderson. I agree that Dan was probably surprised that he couldn't control Rampage on the ground.

Hamill should have won his fight w/ Bisping. I am not going to get into how dissappointed I am in that decision.

I am a very big Cro-Cop fan, but have been dissappointed with his last two fights. This fight more than his fight with Gonzaga though. Cro-cop was controlling the pace and stalking Kongo the first round. Then the 2nd round started and Kongo switched that around and began to press the action. From there he ruled the ring.

--Bill
I agree on all accounts....

Hamill was robbed. :mad:

chad393na
09-09-2007, 08:20 PM

Definately!!!!!

qwk93ta
09-09-2007, 08:55 PM

I agree Bisping did not win the fight.....

qwk93ta
09-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Kongo is a BEAST.....Houston looked really good too....

92StangMan
09-10-2007, 02:06 AM
Hamill in no way lost that fight, it was a gift to Bisping. I think Cecil Peoples was the judge who scored it 30-27 and that is a complete joke. Peoples has been involved in a few controversial decisions and I think it's time that the UFC has a talk with him or have him removed.

Hendo and Rampage fight was awesome, IMO. Of course when they weren't on their feet duking it out, some people were boo'ing like the idiots they were, but you could tell they were very expierenced fighters.

Houston definetly has KO power but I'd like to see him in the ring with a good striker and one who can go the rounds. I'm curious to see what kind of heart the guy has and what is going through his mind when he cannot knock the guy out like he did his past two opponents.

Brandon Alsept
09-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Hamill in no way lost that fight, it was a gift to Bisping. I think Cecil Peoples was the judge who scored it 30-27 and that is a complete joke. Peoples has been involved in a few controversial decisions and I think it's time that the UFC has a talk with him or have him removed

I hope you are kidding. Neither fighter did much to deserve winning that fight. But Hamill had better control of the rounds in my opinion bisping was always backing up from him. Hamill took him down what 5-6 times during the fight, busted bisping open under both eyes. Hamill deserved the win. Should it have been a 30-27 score? No way it would have been close but still in Hamills favor.

nkystanger
09-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Hamill in no way lost that fight, it was a gift to Bisping. I think Cecil Peoples was the judge who scored it 30-27 and that is a complete joke. Peoples has been involved in a few controversial decisions and I think it's time that the UFC has a talk with him or have him removed.

After it went to a decision, i told my friend, Hamill won this fight but the judges will give it to Bisping because it is in London. The homer judges need to be fired.

facemelter71
09-10-2007, 10:27 AM
I was pissed and threw my remote when i heard bisbing got that win,even my girflfriend was like,look at bisbing face its all busted up.Rampage was like my knuckels hurt from hittin that guy upside his rock head.:lol:,that was funny.I might have to go into ufc for the 205 weight class.

91lxnos
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!