PDA

View Full Version : Break lights own me...wont work...

Ryan218
09-14-2007, 06:59 PM
im not 100% sure if this is the correct section...sorry if it is :(

quick run down...

bought the stang in April and among many of the problems it had the brakes light were stuck on...though quick fix replaced the brake light switch and now they were just 100% OFF.... so i rigged it up to work temporary so i could drive it a few miles to see how it ran after i got it running...
Ive been messing with the brake lights since April and to no Avel will they work correct...:mad: now they wont work at all!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ive traced all wiring back to the lights checked the grounds and still nothing....

im at a lost of works..ive searched online on every mustang forum that i can find any info on along with the clinton manuals and Haynes...and NO luck...ive replaced the switch thinking i just keep getting bad switched 6 times in the past month...

any idea as to what the heck is up with this....the simplist problem the car had ( i though anyway) has turned out to be the biggest pain in the ass...i cant drive it till i get the break lights working and all be damned if im not gonna be able to drive it this weekend :bang:

Stangman
09-14-2007, 07:23 PM
try wedging a small flat piece of metal in front of the switch's "button" its possible that the switch isnt being fully engaged causing it not to make contact... my Dad had to do the same thing for his Fairlane....

What you will probably have to do is stick it thru the side of the switch and bend it over a lil bit, that way it stays in place.

Hope this helps ya :bigthumb

Ryan218
09-14-2007, 08:33 PM
try wedging a small flat piece of metal in front of the switch's "button" its possible that the switch isnt being fully engaged causing it not to make contact... my Dad had to do the same thing for his Fairlane....

What you will probably have to do is stick it thru the side of the switch and bend it over a lil bit, that way it stays in place.

Hope this helps ya :bigthumb

i dont know how to weld nor do i have a welder :(

mustangrfast88
09-14-2007, 08:47 PM
you dont have to weld you just wedge it in there the gap between the pedal and the switch might be to far away

Ryan218
09-14-2007, 11:56 PM
i found a way to do it...new brake switch and i now i just need to find a way to make it contact with the arm..