PDA

View Full Version : Car missing up at the top end

Steves LX
09-17-2007, 07:59 AM
For some reason my car is missing up at the top end. It seems to only occur from time to time and is not consistent. I replaced the control module on the distributor because it tested bad. Drove the car and it still did it from time to time. It seems like it does it more if you load it up. Say like your in 3rd gear and just run it up to 3000 or 3500 and just hold it there. As soon as you nail it it climbs to 5000 or so and starts bucking and hiccupping. But 5 seconds later you can do the same thing and it will run fine. Any ideas as to what the problem is here?

12seclx
09-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Stock ignition?

What size fuel pump?
Has the fuel filter been replaced recently?

Just a couple of things that come to mind....

Sometimes the internals of the dizzy can begin to fail...
Maybe try swapping it out and trying a friends' dizzy....

Good Luck...

Steves LX
09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Stock ignition with a crane PS9 coil. New fuel pump 255LPH and the fuel filter is only about 5 months old. I dont know if this is normal or not or even is related to my problem but when I shut my car off my fuel pressure guage which is attached directly to my BBK AFPR drops immediately to 20PSI and then bleeds down to 0 from there. I have never watched it to see how long it takes to bleed down to 0. Just thought I would mention that.