PDA

View Full Version : PAE 1st & 3rd @ NASA Nationals

74 mach
09-17-2007, 01:55 PM
We just got back from the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course, where the 2nd annual National Auto Sport Association ( N.A.S.A.) National Championships wrapped up.
Paul's Automotive Engineering, would like to congradulate Jason Andrew for his 2nd American Iron National Championship, and also Tom Patton for his 3rd place finish in American Iron Extreme.
Jason lined up his P.A.E. powered 86 mustang against over 20 of the fastest AI cars from around the country, and came out on top again. Jay finished 2nd, on Fridays qualifying race, and won Saturdays qualifying race, which put him on the pole for the championship race on Sunday. Sundays race saw a couple of lead changes, with Jason making a great outside move at the keyhole, and powered past the leader on the long back straight ( his brake rotors were glowing bright red in the midday sun, as he slowed for turn 7 ). Jay, then pulled to a comfortable lead until the field was bunched up due to an AIX competitor crashing, and the race finished under yellow.
In AIX, I was not able to compete due to rib injury,but sponsorship commitments required me to race the car, so I asked my good friend Tom Patton to drive my 65 Mustang. Tom had never driven the car, but got up to speed quickly. The top 4 cars were making well over 600rwhp, but our chassis set up, race prep, our extremely reliable 520rwhp pump gas engine, and excelent driving by Tom allowed us to also finish on the podium in 3rd place. This was the first time I ever saw my car on the track, which was interesting, but I still prefer to be behind the wheel.
It was very rewarding to see our cars and workmanship excell at this level of competition. Paul

Black Hole
09-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Congrats!!!! :bigthumb

Mista Bone
09-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Congrats!

I bet Tom was glad to drive something "with balls" every since they keep choking his Tiger down :)

Black Horse
09-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Woot! Way to go Paul! Sounded like a real competative field this year!
Hope your ribs are healing!

dedpedal
09-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Congrats Paul!

mustangboy
09-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Congrats guys!! Tell good 'ol T.P. I said hi.

Sharad
09-20-2007, 09:30 PM
nice showing

beefcake
11-14-2007, 10:03 AM
good driving

Mista Bone
11-14-2007, 04:45 PM
queefcake, your almost two months late!