PDA

View Full Version : Jax Wax

cstreu1026
09-19-2007, 08:51 PM
After seeing their stuff at the NMRA race in Columbus I decided to try it. I order one of their kits with wax, detailer, and tire shine. It also cam with a wax pad and 2 micro fiber towels. Since I decided to super size my combo to the 32oz. size the total came to about $60 with shipping. Tonight I tried it out on the wife's Grand Cherokee. To be honest I have only waxed it once since we got it two years ago, but now it shines as well if not better than it did when we left the dealership with it. Jax is without a doubt the easiest wax I have ever used. It took me nearly 2 hours to wash and clay the car. Then in a little over an hour I had the car waxed, the tires dressed, the wheels shined up, and the windows streak free. Two thumbs up for Jax Wax. :bigthumb:bigthumb

PonymanfiveO
09-19-2007, 09:04 PM
I bought a bottle of their "body shine" in Cbus.

it made Steve Giffords car shine up real nice for the pics in the winners circle! ;)

I like that stuff.

Mr.Moontang
09-19-2007, 10:10 PM
The "Queen" seems to like getting rubbed down with it...

PonymanfiveO
09-19-2007, 11:05 PM
dude.

I want the corn dog air freshner. That is the coolest ever!

Sparky
09-19-2007, 11:52 PM
We used to use Jax Wax where I worked in Marysville. It was easy to use and made stuff look good but it washes away too fast IMO. We always used 1 Step for a wax/polish. Dunno if they even still make it. I do miss using their Wheel Brite acid based wheel cleaner. Potent stuff to breathe, but it could eat the hell outta brake dust.

Sharad
09-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I really like the liquid Carnauba. It's got an awesome shine and it lasts! I washed the car recently, but didn't wax it. It's still got an awesome shine!

cstreu1026
09-20-2007, 07:53 AM
I was wondering how long it would last because of how "thin" the liquid wax is. I don't mind having to do it more frequently though since its so easy to use. I would assume their paste wax may last longer but would be harder to use.

Oh did I mention it didn't leave any of that white crap on the black trim?

Holly
09-20-2007, 09:34 AM
I bought a bottle of their "body shine" in Cbus.

I like that stuff.

Me too (Matt and I were walking around together and we both decided to try it). I love that stuff! It makes my Charger look soooo perty. :D I use it every time AFTER I wash my car. I'm going to run out before I hit another car show, can you order it online?

JaxWax
09-20-2007, 09:53 AM
I was wondering how long it would last because of how "thin" the liquid wax is. I don't mind having to do it more frequently though since its so easy to use. I would assume their paste wax may last longer but would be harder to use.

Oh did I mention it didn't leave any of that white crap on the black trim?

Hello there folks - Scott here from Jax Wax.

First of all, thanks for the reviews. It's great to have this medium for frank, honest discussions!

In terms of lasting, we have found that it lasts just like a traditional paste wax, but again that's my humble opinion through using it through the years. But then again, maybe I'm a little biased :D

It's amazing that some of these manufacturers of car care products claim there stuff lasts this long, that long, etc.... :rolleyes:

Really depends on the weather, is the car garaged, is it run through automatic car washes with brushes beating the hell out of the surface, etc.....

I would be interested in your feedback on how it lasts compared to other stuff you've used in the past.

Again - thanks for the kind words! :rockon:

- Scott

CAPRISTANG
09-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Holly this was the stuff we all used on Vinny's car when down at the Calvelcade of Customs.. Good Stuff

MrsAPE
09-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I would be interested in your feedback on how it lasts compared to other stuff you've used in the past.- Scott

Alan (aperacer - 03 cobra you had the second day at Cbus) raves about it. But he does try others out there. Sure he can give you a review against others.

For me, the fact that my hubby let you wax his car at Cbus spoke volumes. He's pretty anal about who touches the car to wash/wax. Read=No one but him. Anyone that knows Alan can vouch for this. :D

Pretty sure he used it on my truck last time and it still looks great.

331TwistedWedge
09-20-2007, 02:57 PM
to make any wax last longer, try NOT to use a sham ... seems like it strips away wax really fast :bigthumb

JaxWax
09-22-2007, 09:51 AM
to make any wax last longer, try NOT to use a sham ... seems like it strips away wax really fast :bigthumb
:agree:
I reccomend using MicroFiber towels - they hold about seven times their weight in water, and are highly absorbent. A chamois can get dirty and scratch your finish. Plus you can wash the Microfibers hundreds of times, so it will always be clean :D