PDA

View Full Version : Thought I had done it this time

Pops Fun
09-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Yesterday I told the wife I was going to Cincy Speed. (nice talking with you yesterday Craig:)) After that I went to Target world and looked at pistols. Ended up buying a S&W MP 9 compact (http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=51901&langId=-1&isFirearm=Y). Nice weapon, on the drive home I thought about the WIFE..... ugh, told her I was going to Cincy Speed, not to look at guns much less buy one. The money ... Oh yea.. Hadn't even mentioned that!!
At home... came in and said that I that been BAD..:( very BAD. She just smiled and said what was in the box. I showed her the gun and she handled it and liked it and said she thought she could handle it!! :cool2: If she likes it I may have to buy another!!
Whew lived through another one.;)

Oh shot the weapon today and it is nice... I like it.

ponymom05
09-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Smooth, very smooth. :lol:

Grey Wolf
09-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Wow, my wife is understanding, but nothing like that. you're a lucky man. Just curious if anyone has shot a S&W Tactical 40? I really like the feel of it, but have not shot one and was thinking this might be my next handgun.

Sharad
09-21-2007, 10:39 PM
it turns me on when my wife takes an interest in my hobbies. Every now and then she picks up a MM&FF or 5.0 magazine and thumbs through it. Cool!

93blacktruck
09-21-2007, 10:42 PM
now you need your ccl so you can have it with you

bobtsgt
09-21-2007, 11:48 PM
nice job Steve. Sounds like she is very understanding.

Mista Bone
09-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Wow, my wife is understanding, but nothing like that. you're a lucky man. Just curious if anyone has shot a S&W Tactical 40? I really like the feel of it, but have not shot one and was thinking this might be my next handgun.

If your serious, I suggest going to Target World and renting one shooting 50 rounds thru it. Nothing worse that buying a gun that "feels" good but hurts or is hard to hold onto while shooting it.

I have a G22 and a P91, both 40 S&W, both have been "tweaked"......

DeckerEnt
09-22-2007, 12:12 AM
I have to keep all my firearm purchases on the down low. My wife, before we married was a better pistol shot than me, now hates guns. Won't let me keep em at the house. Got one in the race truck though.
I have 3 kids, 11,9,and 4.
Keith

Maximus
09-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Yesterday I told the wife I was going to Cincy Speed. (nice talking with you yesterday Craig:))

Next time, give me a few moments and Ill tell you exactly what Im feeling:lol::bigthumb:angel:

Pops Fun
09-22-2007, 06:40 AM
now you need your ccl so you can have it with you

I have it... won't carry it to much til I get 50-100 or more rounds of my carry ammo through it!!

Pops Fun
09-22-2007, 06:59 AM
I have to keep all my firearm purchases on the down low. My wife, before we married was a better pistol shot than me, now hates guns. Won't let me keep em at the house. Got one in the race truck though.
I have 3 kids, 11,9,and 4.
Keith

Hi
Maybe a safe would ease her mind?? I have 2 a big one basement and a handgun safe upstairs, also 7 grandkids 1.5 years to 18 that run around the house. I think I have the wife and my daughter talked into getting there license this fall. They probably won't carry but want the privilege/knowledge. I think the way the news presents only bad stuff may have influenced her??
i think if everyone took a course/were trained to handle weapons, there would be less accidents,and if more people carried less crime. Children should be taught respect and the correct way to handle a weapon. kind of long for me, started to rant didn't I.:lol:

dedpedal
09-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Bring it down to Keiths farm today and show it off.

ps bring your poles, the bass might be hungry.

Pops Fun
09-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Bring it down to Keiths farm today and show it off.

ps bring your poles, the bass might be hungry.

Would love to but have another commitment..

Grey Wolf
09-22-2007, 05:04 PM
If your serious, I suggest going to Target World and renting one shooting 50 rounds thru it. Nothing worse that buying a gun that "feels" good but hurts or is hard to hold onto while shooting it.

I have a G22 and a P91, both 40 S&W, both have been "tweaked"......

I thought of that, but I don't think (haven't seen) a Tactical for rental.

My wife is pretty understanding of my handguns (as she let me purchase the Glock for Father's Day!!). But if I brought one home like Pops, I would be on my azz at the curb. lol. Pretty cool his wife is that understanding. I really want my CCL, but it would only be good for the next month before we move to Wisconsin, where there is no CCL!! :mad:

MrsAPE
09-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Sounds like your wife is 'use' to you. *smile*
I agree about the teaching kids the respect about guns.
Now, I have heard that shooting the fish is not allowed. Use your pole for that.

BigBadStang
09-24-2007, 10:10 AM
congrats on the m&p compact!
i have fired this weapon numerous times, and it is a nice piece!
and congrats for having a wife who takes interest in something that isnt typical of most women!

but some of these comments kill me..."my wife wont LET me...blah blah", "my wife would kick me out if...blah blah".
now dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with "consulting" each other on buying things, but believe me, 90% of the wives buy shit that you (the husband) have NO clue about. it may not be a $400 pistol, but it often times is smaller valued things that are bought a helluva lot more often. :(
so c'mon fellas... sack up a little... "wife won't LET me..." :confused:

Mista Bone
09-24-2007, 05:17 PM
My exwife (reason she's and EX!) would NOT allow anything bigger than a BB gun in the house. I respected that........she had no interest in things that go boom.

....first major purchase was my Ruger P91 in late July 1993, I'd moved two weeks prior :)

Holly
09-24-2007, 05:20 PM
My exwife (reason she's and EX!) would NOT allow anything bigger than a BB gun in the house. I respected that........she had no interest in things that go boom.

I am SO not into guns, but you just reminded me that I have a BB gun! I think I'll take it up to my mom's house and shoot at the tower, I love to hear that "ping" as it hits. :lol: Me and my sis used to do that all the time growing up.

dedpedal
09-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I am SO not into guns, but you just reminded me that I have a BB gun! I think I'll take it up to my mom's house and shoot at the tower, I love to hear that "ping" as it hits. :lol: Me and my sis used to do that all the time growing up.

If you like shooting BBs, you might enjoy a small caliber (.22) pistol or rifle. Not much more than a BB gun.I have a few and so does Kieth if youre ever interested.

Grey Wolf
09-24-2007, 07:59 PM
but some of these comments kill me..."my wife wont LET me...blah blah", "my wife would kick me out if...blah blah".
now dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with "consulting" each other on buying things, but believe me, 90% of the wives buy shit that you (the husband) have NO clue about. it may not be a $400 pistol, but it often times is smaller valued things that are bought a helluva lot more often. :(
so c'mon fellas... sack up a little... "wife won't LET me..." :confused:

I don't know if you were refering to my "kick my azz to the curb" comment or not, but if you read the rest my wife did "allow" me to buy my Glock for Father's Day. lol. But she does like shooting and actually wanted me to get the .45, but since it would be a range gun, no need to spend more money on all the rounds I shoot for fun. We just never spend a lot of money on things for the heck of it, and when we do, we talk it over first. Granted some things slip by, but for the most part we discuss it. That and she is paying for it anyway since I don't have a job. ;)

Timido
09-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Kind of like the ping the LP cylinder was making at Brads (Tim Hixsons Party) house with the .223 and the HR17.

Goldenpony
09-28-2007, 10:40 PM
How's Tom doing? Is anything settled? Still working for the "Meatball"? My garage is finished, the lift is almost finished. I plan to put oil into the hydraulics tomorrow and may get a chance to cycle it up & down this weekend.
Jim

Pops Fun
09-29-2007, 07:02 AM
How's Tom doing? Is anything settled? Still working for the "Meatball"? My garage is finished, the lift is almost finished. I plan to put oil into the hydraulics tomorrow and may get a chance to cycle it up & down this weekend.
Jim

Hi Jim,
Tom is doing fine in another line of work. :) Still nothing settled about the unemployment, Paul is being an ass about it and they keep postphoning the last hearing. I am officially retired and taking it easy. Met the guys for lunch Friday.
Glad to hear about the garage, and lift. Wow, Good luck with it.

Steve