PDA

View Full Version : Best cheese burger ever

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Well, i've at at Ruby Tuesdays several times and i LOVE their burgers, but tonight i tried the Bison Bacon Cheese Burger and holy cow (holy bison?) was it great. I was kinda iffy about bison because i'd never tried it, but it really is fantastic. It's basically a very lean, very "clean" tasting beef kind of flavor, not gamey at all like venison can sometimes be. If i could buy ground bison for a decent price, and if i could get a bison steak that's as good as the beef version, i'd probably never eat cow meat again.

Mista Bone
09-21-2007, 11:56 PM
likely you can get buffalo or beeffalo at Jungle Jims in Fairfield.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-22-2007, 11:05 AM

That's what i was thinking, they have all that crazy stuff up there.

MrsAPE
09-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Bison is good.
Hmmm have to spring that one on the kids.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I asked the server what it tasted like and he said pretty much how i described it, but he said it's also healthier meat because it's much leaner. I don't know if he was just trying to sell me on it or what, but it was only like a dollar more than the beef version of the same burger so i was all about it.

MrsAPE
09-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I've had it before. When I was a kid. I do remember it being good. I have heard its so much better for you too. May have to head up to Jims place and see what it goes for. We could stand to be a bit healthier around here.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-22-2007, 11:06 PM
I was reading that it's really tricky to cook...i read that the steaks are fantastic but you have to cook them super slow or they get tough because they're so lean.

Holly
09-23-2007, 07:28 AM

There is a little restaurant (used to the local pub Vinny and I hung out in) down the street called "Joe's Bistro. I have yet to try their buffalo burgers (doubt if I ever will), but I have heard some good things about this place, everybody says it's really good (but kinda pricey). It's on Front Street in New Richmond if you ever want to try it. You can't miss it, there's a big ole buffalo painted on the side of the building.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-23-2007, 11:26 AM
The bison burger at Ruby Tuesdays is something like $9.50 or something, but it come swith fries and it's HUGE. It was probably around a half pound of meat. Neither me or my girlfriend could finish ours!