PDA

View Full Version : John Force Crash

stroked4eyes
09-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Brandon just called me and told me that his dad had a run in with John Force in Dallas. Apparently it was at the finish line. Kenny is fine but John was careflighted to the hospital with both legs broken and one arm broken. I guess he was talking so that is a good sign. I'll post up if I hear any more.

Jeff

FMGT1999
09-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Glad to hear John is doing ok...

Kyle

99Slobra
09-23-2007, 05:26 PM
That's crazy..I heard about it in SI.com.

R825OH
09-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Wow! Atleast he's ok, sorry to hear though he always has been a personal favorite.

stroked4eyes
09-23-2007, 07:19 PM
They just showed it on ESPN2. It looked pretty rough but at least they are both going to be ok. It wasn't as bad as brandon told me when it first happened.

PaulFiveOh
09-23-2007, 07:32 PM
So, is this Brandon character, Kenny Beristiens son on StangBangerz?

Kelly Pelrine
09-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Hope John will pull out of this as soon as possible and glad that Kenny didnt get hurt!

http://competitionplus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4072&Itemid=6

mustang8998
09-23-2007, 08:31 PM
That was a very ugly crash. Hope John does well, with his injuries. JFR has had a very bad season (with the loss of Eric and now this). :(

mustang8998
09-23-2007, 08:33 PM
So, is this Brandon character, Kenny Beristiens son on StangBangerz?

Sure he is! :lol:

Silver Bullet
09-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Yep a very ugly crash.... hope all is ok.:(

Xowner
09-23-2007, 11:14 PM
wow hope all goes well!!!!

BigBadStang
09-24-2007, 09:50 AM
too early to tell, but it looked like debris may have been kicked into johns lane when kenny crossed the center line and took out 2 "cones", and punctured one of the rear slicks on johns car @over 300mph, causing johns car to break apart behind the rear motorplate area.
bad, bad crash, could have been alot worse for both drivers.
Johns CT scan came back negative for head trauma. looks like some improvements made on the cars from information gathered from Erics fatal crash may have helped save his life.

glassman
09-24-2007, 10:02 AM
If you watch the video and pause it you can see John's car break in half and the back half stay in his lane.
It looked like the cone went behind him and he was out on kenny a bit.

BigBadStang
09-24-2007, 10:14 AM
the forst cone goes behind johns car, but it's hard to see, but it looked to me like the second cone/debris may have been chucked under johns car?
it would be interesting to see the footage from the NHRA's super slow motion high definition cameras.

R825OH
09-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah did that cone go under the rear tire of Forces car ?

IWRBB
09-24-2007, 07:44 PM
I read somewhere that the clutch exploded, and that's what cut the car in two pieces. That massive amount of grey smoke/dust that came out just before it split in two looked like a clutch going boom to me.

untamed
09-24-2007, 09:12 PM
There is a pic of John sitting in his hospital bed with that silly grin of his. Go to his website.He looks great considering.. His hand looks horrible though. I am glad he is alright.

beefcake
09-24-2007, 09:30 PM
i read nhra's site, they said he was up and walking today, asking about racing in 2 weeks lol

unfortunately he is going to be out a year they said, if they can keep him down

sucks cuz he is in the countdown to 1, could have been ashley's shot to win her first race too

beefcake
09-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Tuesday, 5 p.m. CT: Fourteen-time NHRA POWERade Funny Car world champ John Force, seriously injured in a high-speed accident Sept. 23 in Dallas, hopes to be released from Baylor University Medical Center Friday and return to his Southern California base to continue his recovery.

Force has been undergoing daily physical therapy in a walker to begin to rehabilitate his broken left ankle and deeply lacerated right knee.

The challenges of getting ambulatory are incredibly difficult because he has a cast on his left foot and his right leg is bandaged from below the knee up his thigh. His left hand and wrist are in a cast, and the fingers on his right hand are heavily swollen.

Well-wishes have been pouring in from sponsors, including Tom McKernan of the Automobile Club of Southern California, Dan Davis of Ford, and Bob Lawrence of Brand Source; fellow NHRA racers from all eras, including former Funny Car racer John Collins, who was involved in a two-car accident at the 1984 Cajun Nationals; and racers from all walks of motorsports, including former Texas Indy car great "Lone Star J.R." Rutherford.

"John's doing great for all that he went through," said Dave Densmore, public relations director of John Force Racing, who noted that Force is especially pleased that all of the work the team has done in padding the roll cage really paid off. "He told me that anytime he'd ever hit the wall before his neck was sore for weeks, and his neck is not sore at all after this accident where he got thrown around quite a bit."

Although Force still insists he would love to compete at the Torco Racing Fuels NHRA Nationals in Virginia to protect his hard-won spot in the Countdown to Four, it's highly unlikely given his medical condition and approvals that would need to be obtained from his doctors and NHRA officials. "I'm not trying to be no hero," he insists, just trying to keep the dream of a 15th championship alive.

The team is expected to have an official update later today.

PonymanfiveO
09-25-2007, 07:12 PM
wow. I figured this crash would scare him into retirement, dosent sound like it.

beefcake
09-25-2007, 07:14 PM
wow. I figured this crash would scare him into retirement, dosent sound like it.

he wants to race in 2 weeks lol

BigBadStang
09-25-2007, 09:28 PM
there are 4 tv interviews available to watch on johnforceracing.com.