PDA

View Full Version : Turbo setup

ryne002
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
ok so i have a 98 gt forged block ... yada yada anyways... i was planning on doing a twin turbo setup, i've got the turbos but i'm tossing the idea of just doing a rear mount setup instead of the front mount for heat issues and all... seems like I can do it a lot cheaper than the front setup and i would have a higher gain of hp than the front. but just wanted to hear some thoughts on this..

5.0calypso93lx
09-27-2007, 12:58 PM
ok so i have a 98 gt forged block ... yada yada anyways... i was planning on doing a twin turbo setup, i've got the turbos but i'm tossing the idea of just doing a rear mount setup instead of the front mount for heat issues and all... seems like I can do it a lot cheaper than the front setup and i would have a higher gain of hp than the front. but just wanted to hear some thoughts on this..

A guy over on CSS did this on his black 01 WS6 Trans Am, and it was a bad ass car. Can't remember his screen name but he's Josh Cole. I rode in it after he had it tuned and it made over 500 to the wheels on 6lbs. I would have guessed it would have been laggy as hell, but it was hardly noticeable.

He fabbed it up himself for cheap, but sold it after another guy made him an offer on the entire kit.

Walter
09-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Why would a remote setup make more power?

347sc
09-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Higher hp gains based on what? Intercooled of water/meth injection takes care of the intake heat. I had a 351 car with a single and had no problem making power. Turbos use the heat as well as the waste gases to spin the turbine

There are alot of turbo guys on here but you would get alot more info on Turbomustangs.com

Walter
09-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Higher hp gains based on what? Intercooled of water/meth injection takes care of the intake heat. I had a 351 car with a single and had no problem making power. Turbos use the heat as well as the waste gases to spin the turbine

There are alot of turbo guys on here but you would get alot more info on Turbomustangs.com

There are lots of threads at TM, but it is rare that someone offers up any knowledge. That site is more like "hey guys look at my shit!".

347sc
09-27-2007, 01:19 PM
I havent been on there in awhile so it probably changed over the years.