PDA

View Full Version : '85 Mustang engine bay wire diagrams? I need'em

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm looking for wiring diagrams for my 'stang, i'm going to make my own harness for the engine bay instead of disassembling the stock harness because it's old and dry rotted. My car also seems to have a bit of extra BS because it was a police car....there's just so much crap that is useless that i'm going with the "burn it down to make it stronger" approach.

Anyways if anyone has any '85 or carbed Mustang diagrams, it would sure help a lot. I want to make it so that the dash gauges and everything still works, i just want the absolute bare necessities under the hood.

On that note, i know there's a few guys on here who are carb guys, maybe some of you have done this? If anyone wants to lend a hand i could sure use it, i'm wiring retarded :lol:

oldstang
10-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Try this link http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=50010

theyallslow
10-02-2007, 08:34 AM
great find.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Sweeeeeet. So now who wants to help make a harness? :lol:

Timido
10-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Really its a carb car how much wiring could you need? Distributor wire, Electric Fan wire, Elevtric waterpump wire? My car I made a headlight marker turn horn harness and ran under the drivers fender. I have the wiring everything else under the drivers fender.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Well see it's more about the things i don't know about.....i've never dealt with the harness at all, and mine is a beast. There's so much BS there that i don't know what to take out and where most of it even goes!

Can you tell me enough about where the harness plugs in so i can get a start? What's behond the firewall? It really should be a simple enough job especially since i'm running a Mallory distributor with the built in ignition, so the only wires that i really need for the engine are for that, the coil, the alternator and the fan and whatever fuzes/relays that go with those.

Another part of this project is that i've lost the use of ALL my stock gauges except the gas gauge. The speedo i know is the speedo cable/gear, and the oil pressure i have ran to an aftermarket gauge...but the battery/temp/tach all went bye bye when i ditched the stock Duraspark ignition. My buddy Kenny (fordfan on here) said he looked through some diagrams and those gauges have nothing to do with the ECU, but they must be piggy backed in the harness somehow because they're all dead. How involved is it going to be to wire the guages up myself?

Basically it comes down to me trying to figure out as much as possible before i pull the whole harness out....i can't have my car totally immobile for very long since i live in an apartment..

Timido
10-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Get the wiring diagram and figure out problems first. Then plan out your wiring diagram and start wiring.