PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Buying 00 F150... Probs...

jester
10-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Damn... went to pick up a used F150 Lariat last night. Wish I could have called my buddy for help :(

2000 5.4L V8 4x4 138k Supercab reads on the obd2: "p1151 Fuel Air Metering". I was told that is the "Mass air-flow sensor" ------ $ 120.00 at autozone.

Drove truck last night. When I "punch" the gas, RPM's went up and stayed around 4000, but truck never shifted into passing gear. Seems like transmission trouble..... (COULD IT BE RELATED TO THE MASS AIR SENSOR?)

Truck has 138k miles and the seller has 2 1/2 years left on the EXTENDED WARRANTY. Any recommendations? I really like the truck ad it drives well. We agreed on $ 8000.00. It needs (Mass air sensor), new connecting rods from the sway bar to the a-arms, and 2 new tires. I just want to make sure that I'm not buying something that I will have to get fixed right away....

I told the dude to go buy the air sensor and I will put it on this weekend and go from there. Any insights or things to check? Thanx! Jeff

bobtsgt
10-04-2007, 09:35 AM
check the tranny fluid to make sure its not low. either the computer isn't shifting or the pressure may not be there.

FireStang02
10-04-2007, 07:53 PM
If there is an extedned warranty why pay for anything or worry about it? If it was a dealer extended warranty, take it in for service. I think my deductible on my extended warranty is 50 bucks.

jester
10-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Talked to seller. He claims he cleaned the maf sensor and now the truck shifts and runs fine. I'm going to go Saturday and check it out again. Hopefully it's a go cause I really like it and it drives well. I swore I'd never have another FORD again... (Vin got me hooked on the yota's years ago), but even HE changed over to the FERDS. I will try not to ROLL mine though:)
And I can't afford the yotas.
You will all see it if I get it...... I'll be pulling the JESTER trailer for the car show doin my D.J. thang..... (I bought the cart before the horse).
ha ha ha ha

facemelter71
10-05-2007, 11:52 AM
I dont believe that you can clean Fords new mass air meters.But i could be wrong.The meter is an integral part of the tranny shifting and fuel mapping on the new vehicles,and once it takes a dump then it should go into limp mode so that you can atleast get it home.And if the guy has removed it to clean then most likely the extended warrenty will not cover it.Also if the warranty company is through Dimensions,Its not even worth making a claim cuz they wont cover it anyway.Dimensions sucks as a warranty company.