PDA

View Full Version : Dickman's

DeckerEnt
10-04-2007, 11:16 PM
My shop is on Orphanage road. Right across from Dickman's sports bar. When the lot fills, people use my shop to park at. On my left side garage door, there is a no parking sign and just to make the point even more clear, we posted a sign in the window that says keep door clear. Well, this must be a good night cause there are 9 cars parked around my shop right now. And sure enough, one is blocking the main door. Luckily I do not have to get a truck out tonight but I did leave a note on this car. It said "What part of leave door clear and unauthorized vehicles will be towed don't you understand? Next time I will tow your car!"
It made me feel better. I have only towed 2 cars in the last 3 years but still it makes me mad.
End rant.
Keith

Maximus
10-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Jack em up and put them on blocks.:)

dedpedal
10-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Jack em up and put them on blocks.:)

Keith knows what it feels like too!

I was wondering what was going on. Must have been the UK football game. There was a couple cars parked on our road last night.

bobtsgt
10-05-2007, 08:07 AM
why not get some orange cones and come crime tape and block off the drive?

Stangman
10-05-2007, 08:41 AM
like cones and tape will stop a car? If people really wanna park somewhere, they arent gonna care...

02mingryGT
10-05-2007, 09:38 AM
You start having enough cars towed and word will get around not to park there.

mach_u
10-05-2007, 10:37 AM
You start having enough cars towed and word will get around not to park there.
:agree:

Jeff88coupe
10-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Yep...tow them...you have signs posted. Just wait till UK basketball season starts..it will only happen more often.

Carl
10-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Tow them biotches! While I am home if there are any, I will gladly hook my truck up to them and drag them out of the way.

FMGT1999
10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Get some really good sticky bumper stickers (you know the kind that don't come off very easy) with the shop name on them and plaster there windows. That way you’re advertizing your shop out of the deal and then get them towed off... LOL

Just an idea... hehe

Mista Bone
10-05-2007, 02:42 PM
great idea FMGT1999!!!!! Or start charging $5 parking, dunno how much room you got Keith, but easy way to resupply your ammo :)

Or if you wanna be mean, slap on rainbow stickers or Ohio State stickers.

Black Horse
10-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Just put a sign at the end of the driveway - "Parking $10" No one will park there! And if they do, they don't leave until they pay!

Timido
10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
By a couple wheel boots and make some money.

Gene
10-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Or if you wanna be mean, slap on rainbow stickers or Ohio State stickers.

Nah...Tennessee or Louisville stickers. That'll REALLY piss off UK fans.

Greg Seibert
10-05-2007, 09:13 PM
1. Put stop sticks in lot.
2. Have photocelled trapdoor release yellow jackets on parkers car.
3. Trade with Dickmans for Valet parking, to get beer and ammo.
4. Have lurker on DVR from whathisnames place for lot attendant.
5. Rent shop at night for local AA group meetings. (kev not allowed);)
6. Shuttle panhandlers from downtown to hang there.
7. Night time crispy cream rental at shop, cops will hang out there, ticket parkers.

Mista Bone
10-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Keith, how often does this happen?

What is the "quality" of the cars that park on your lot?

I say charge $5-10, if someone parks and didn't pay, slap a boot on or take two wheels off, $100 gets your wheels back or the boot taken off.

Seems to me people in KY think they can park wherever they choose. Like the football came last Friday night at Cov-Cath. I couldn't get into the driveway for the vet across the street (old Sisters of Notre Dame building built before the Confederate War) so I pulled in enough to get car off the street plus 1/2 car length incase someone wanted to turn around.

No sooner than I'm out of the car someone pulls in behind me

"Can you pull up so I can park?"
"No room, I need out."

She sat there for 3 minutes waiting home me to move, only place to go was right where she was at!

Always Vasoline on the windshield trick. Driver gets in, hits the washers, makes a mess. Find a bum to clean the windshield for a fee, he keeps the money.

Feed a bum, piss off a parker :)

dedpedal
10-05-2007, 11:49 PM
To be honest, its mostly cars with Ohio tags.

Mista Bone
10-05-2007, 11:55 PM
drag them back across the river.......or puch the off the bridge as your bringing them back to Ohio.

cstreu1026
10-06-2007, 12:05 AM
make friends with a tow truck driver and split the proceeds. YOu could supply the boys in Iraq with ammo for just half of what those fuckers charge people.

Reef Blue LX
10-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Why don't you have some fun and swap all their license plates around!

Mista Bone
10-08-2007, 11:05 PM
that would be a criminal act......no need for that kind of "fun"

06hoss
10-12-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm with the guys who says "tow em". I can tell you're trying to be a nice guy, but you've already warned them. Threats don't work unless you're ready to follow through. One thing I would do to protect yourself if get a sign that has the proper KRS number on it (Kentucky Revised Statute) and say you will tow them under that statute if they park on your property. You'll see these on parking lots in downtown Covington, etc.

DeckerEnt
10-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I have the sign with the krs number on it and that is the door they keep parking in front of. Of the 9 cars that were parked here that night, the only one I had a problem with was the one in front of my shop door with 2 different signs on it.
Keith