PDA

View Full Version : manual master cylinder

Blowpastyou
10-05-2007, 08:58 PM
What master cylinder should I use to make my brakes work better. I have aerospace brakes. Before I had Aerospace brakes the brakes sucked. Any suggestions? I would preffer to get one around here at an autozone or advanced.

Timido
10-05-2007, 11:55 PM
If you have aerospace brakes front and rear you would need a a big bore master cylinder 1 to 1 1/8 bore. The aerospace and strange master cylinder is a dodge master which is what I have. I got a new one from napa so it has the resivoir on it. The one I got was cast iron not aluminum. It weighs a ton. You need to change the pedal ratio by drilling the brake pedal 1.0" higher and drop the pedal down. I just helped Terry with his brakes and the strange kit he got was expensive but it was complete and had detailed instructions how to do all of this.

NXcoupe
10-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I have one of the chrysler ones new in the box that I got with my UPR kit. I will let it go for 35 if you are interested. It is brand new, not a rebuild and has the pushrod made into it already.

stroked4eyes
10-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I have one of the chrysler ones new in the box that I got with my UPR kit. I will let it go for 35 if you are interested. It is brand new, not a rebuild and has the pushrod made into it already.

That is a good deal! You need to pick that up.

Blowpastyou
10-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Sent you a pm on gemcitystangs.