PDA

View Full Version : 03 cobra w/ kenne bell 2.8h

todd86
10-05-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm working at Dayton Performance and I'm totally impressed w/ my first major project we just completed. The blower is badass. It also has twin gt pumps, stage 2 fpdm, MD fuel system w/ rails, etc. This car is tuned safe, safe, safe and made 568 shutting it down at 6000 rpm. WOW! The car is amazing to drive and there is a ton left in it. We'll be turning it up as soon as the customer gets used to his new found insane power. I can't wait! I've driven some eaton cars that are fast but this thing is crazy fast. 16 lbs of boost at 2000 rpm. The efficiancy is remarkable. Just thought I'd post a cool ride that we built at Dayton Performance. Check it out on daytonstangboard.

todd86
10-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Oh ya, I forgot about the traction problems on the dyno so the #'s are definately lower than actual horsepower due to tire spin, there was rubber dust a flyin!

Qtr milerocket
10-05-2007, 11:30 PM
So I see that you've got the chance to experience the ungodly power and torque this thing has Todd........................yeah folks this car is absolutely incredible in this trim from a 5-10 mph roll you can go full throttle with nary a hint of wheelspin just a dead hook but it does make you weak in the knees to think what it would do with more boost and hp! :eek:

Peace

James :cool2:

Maximus
10-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Congrats on the new job Todd!:bigthumb

IWRBB
10-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Those KB 2.8's are badass. I'll just have to suffer with the lowly Whipple 2.3.

todd86
10-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Congrats on the new job Todd!:bigthumb

Thanks! I may be down to visit today.:bigthumb

cstreu1026
10-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Those KB 2.8's are badass. I'll just have to suffer with the lowly Whipple 2.3.

It must be rough. :rolleyes:

todd86
10-06-2007, 08:11 AM
So I see that you've got the chance to experience the ungodly power and torque this thing has Todd........................yeah folks this car is absolutely incredible in this trim from a 5-10 mph roll you can go full throttle with nary a hint of wheelspin just a dead hook but it does make you weak in the knees to think what it would do with more boost and hp! :eek:

Peace

James :cool2:

Yep, I drove it a lot yesterday. Mike and I were tuning the low rpm driveability and a/f. Chris (the owner) was down and we went for a long cruise w/ me driving, in 4th still hammerred, I glanced over and he was holding on! LOL! Car still feels stable at 130+ and pulls like a mule.

Qtr milerocket
10-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Yep, I drove it a lot yesterday. Mike and I were tuning the low rpm driveability and a/f. Chris (the owner) was down and we went for a long cruise w/ me driving, in 4th still hammerred, I glanced over and he was holding on! LOL! Car still feels stable at 130+ and pulls like a mule.

You know I'm glad Chris was able to get a ride through all the gears to the shift point in his car (I know he was grinning ear to ear) as I'm sure he hasn't experienced that with the prior eaton! :lol: I still believe the car would be darn near in the 10's just as it sits, I always knew Kenne Bell blowers were formidable but having seat time in one has given me MUCH respect and props to these blowers! :bigthumb

Peace :cool2:

James

80 hate
10-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I saw this car when they first put the supercharger on it...ITS BAD ASS

todd86
10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
ya russ it turned out nice!

NXcoupe
10-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Now he's wanting to go with more boost. I think we are going to be putting the 4 lb lower pulley on the Metco setup soon. It is a blast to drive and Todd did an exceptional job assembling it.

Black Hole
10-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Where's the pics & vids?

I need more peer pressure don't ya know!?!?!?!?!?! :D

chad393na
10-18-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm working at Dayton Performance and I'm totally impressed w/ my first major project we just completed. The blower is badass. It also has twin gt pumps, stage 2 fpdm, MD fuel system w/ rails, etc. This car is tuned safe, safe, safe and made 568 shutting it down at 6000 rpm. WOW! The car is amazing to drive and there is a ton left in it. We'll be turning it up as soon as the customer gets used to his new found insane power. I can't wait! I've driven some eaton cars that are fast but this thing is crazy fast. 16 lbs of boost at 2000 rpm. The efficiancy is remarkable. Just thought I'd post a cool ride that we built at Dayton Performance. Check it out on daytonstangboard.

I'll second that! This is definately one of my favorite combos to date. No lag like a centrifical.

kennebellcobra
10-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Gotta love that instant boost. Congrats on the project Todd...let us know after he turns it up should be insane with a 2.8:eek:

Qtr milerocket
10-19-2007, 12:25 AM
Where's the pics & vids?

I need more peer pressure don't ya know!?!?!?!?!?! :D

Here you go this is the dyno vid of Chris' cobra and also his dyno sheet. The dyno sheet shows his previous numbers in red which are with the stock eaton and a tune, that car will be right at 600 rwhp when it's dynoed cold as that 568 rwhp came after 7 back to back pulls with no more than a 15 minute cooldown between pulls.

Peace :cool2:

James

1. Dyno pull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbMf_txYRik

2. Dyno sheet
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9177/chrisfordeatonvskbqk2jy3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Black Hole
10-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Nice! :bigthumb

Silver Bullet
10-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Cool! :bigthumb