PDA

View Full Version : ARP Head Bolts

Steves LX
10-06-2007, 05:32 PM
I picked up a set of ARP head bolts and I want to make sure I am understanding these directions right. It says to use ARP moly assembly lubricant on any bolts that go into a blind hole. I dont have any ARP moly assembly lubricant. It says you can use 30wt oil also. Now on the bolts that pertrude into a water jacket it says to use thread sealant( thats a no brainer). What I am confused on is the directions say if you use the ARP moly to torque those bolts down to 65 ft lbs. and to do the same with the other ones that have thread sealant on them. But if you use 30wt oil to torgue those bolts down to 85 ft lbs. Now if those are torqued to 85 and the ones with the thread sealant are torqued to 65 isn't that going to be an issue with the way it seals up? Maybe I am reading to deep into this. Please someone help ,that has these bolts and has done this. I have moly grahite on hand, not sure if that will work or not. These are just iron heads (GT40P's) I am putting back on.

Timido
10-06-2007, 05:37 PM
I would follow the directions and you will be fine. I have allways used 30wt oil on my heads studs and have never had a problem.