PDA

View Full Version : Lilli The Protector part 2!!!!!!

Black92LX
10-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Well Lilli does it again.
Last night someone tried to get in my house while just my girlfriend was home. It was jst shortly before 2am.
Girlfriend says Lilli started getting very aggitated in her room and then she could hear someone trying to get in the front door. I normally come right in as I have the key. Well Lilli must have picked up on this once it took more than 15 seconds of this person jacking with the door. Girlfriend now realizes aswell that it is not me and lets Lilli out of her room and Lilli unleashes with her protection bark directly at the front door.
I think the person at the door decides to cut and run. Girlfriend flips on the light and sees nothing outside.
I arrive home about 15 minutes later to find Lilli at the front door.
She stayed guarding the front door until I returned home!

Lilli is still in pup mode so she can't be out unattened while we sleep. She stills gets into things from time to time and wants to play all night. I am looking forward to the day where is is out of that stage and can sleep out of her crate so she doesn't have to be let out to gaurd the door.
I am slowly working on it with her. If it is just me home she will be pretty good to sleep on the floor in my room. It generally takes her a while to wind down but she is getting better.

But this is the second time something like this has happened while I have not been home. So I am thankful that Lilli takes care of the girlfriend when I am not home.
Thankfully I don't think it's people trying to break in but I live on quite the college street and my neighbor (not college) has an alcohol problem, so I am pretty sure someone is just drunk and at the wrong house.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/IMG_4866.jpg

bobtsgt
10-09-2007, 08:11 AM
good dog. Mabey you should get some motion activated lights put outside.

MrsAPE
10-09-2007, 08:18 AM
She is gorgeous!
Way to save the day again!!
Glad she's protecting things.

DeckerEnt
10-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Good looking dog. Nice to have something like that guarding the place. Will she be a police dog some day?
Keith

Black92LX
10-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Good looking dog. Nice to have something like that guarding the place. Will she be a police dog some day?
Keith

nope. she is just my big baby. These dogs really amaze me with their intuition. She is the sweetest og one will find. But if she catches one wiff of anything not being right she is on top of it and ready to roll. But the second I tell her it's ok. She backs down.

REDHOTGTGIRL
10-09-2007, 10:04 AM
That is awesome! She sounds like a great dog to have around. Motion lights may be a good idea as well, but it sounds like Lilli is doing a good job.

Sharad
10-09-2007, 10:15 AM
random thoughts:

-AWESOME doggie! I need one!

-Where the heck do you live that you've got people messing with your house!?

-Seriously, if you want I can set you up with some basic monitoring equipment for your house. A single day/night camera with a dvr would go a long way towards solving this problem.

Black92LX
10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
i honestly think it's drunks.
Girlfriend said she heard keys rattling lastnight as they were messing with the door.
If you are trying to break in you aren't gonna have keys out.

R825OH
10-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Too bad for them if they get in:cool1::lol:

firestang70
10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Beautiful dog and agree put up some motion activated lights. Glad to hear everyone is safe.

Greg Seibert
10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Lilli Rocks!:rockon:

Mista Bone
10-09-2007, 10:26 PM
random thoughts:

-AWESOME doggie! I need one!

-Where the heck do you live that you've got people messing with your house!?

-Seriously, if you want I can set you up with some basic monitoring equipment for your house. A single day/night camera with a dvr would go a long way towards solving this problem.

Sharad, 2 cameras and a DVR, general ballpark on price if you can.