PDA

View Full Version : DARN FRONT SPRINGS!!!!

Stangman
10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
So im actually workin on the 88 again because i need to move it out of the garage, so i am attempting to get the suspension put back together.... and ill be damned if i cant get those freakin front springs back in... im gettin soooo pissed off, its too late to rent a spring compressor and i was hoping to actually accomplish something tonight, but i guess its not happening:mad:

anyone have any tips for putting front springs back in??? im at the end of my rope...

bobtsgt
10-09-2007, 09:03 PM
rent a compressor from Autozone :D If they are lowering springs you can sometimes do it by hand.

JonS
10-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Try the Eibach drag launch springs if you want a real challenge. I feel fortunate to have survived that install, seriously.:lol:

DeckerEnt
10-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Is there a motor in it? You need the weight to install em or so I have heard.
Keith

Mista Bone
10-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Try the Eibach drag launch springs if you want a real challenge. I feel fortunate to have survived that install, seriously.:lol:

I watched a shop in Dayton try to install front springs on a stang. I suggested they loop a chain for safety in case it pops out.

"I've never had it happen before, I know what Im doing, stick to your puny Honda's!"

Mine you the car was on a lift, he was using a tranny lift to push up the lower control arm.

BOING!!!!!!! and thry the drywall it goes, missing the wall stud, knocking the water jug over :)

"First time for everything"

DeckerEnt
10-09-2007, 11:09 PM
LOL..serves him right.
Keith

Carl
10-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Jesse, do yourself a favor and get some compressor's from Advance or AutoZone. You will be much happier and there will be a lot less cussing. I bought a set about 3 years ago, and have used them more than I thought. In fact, I just used them Sunday to help a friend install a lift on a Land Rover.

Stangman
10-10-2007, 12:50 AM
they sure as hell came off a lot easier than they are going on!!! ill have to rent a compressor from work... i went ahead and took off the control arm for now, so i can paint it and put in new bushings and a balljoint...