PDA

View Full Version : my first rant!!!

tcorns
10-12-2007, 10:03 PM
my first rant... i am so excited. now what to complain about. i could complain about the guy at burger king who puts my fries in upside down all of the time. the mailman that cannot get anybodys address right, or i could complain about emo teenagers. no i think that i have something somewhat better.
my wife asked me several weeks ago to drive the car in the homecoming parade for her school. sure i said, no problem. got the car cleaned up a little today and headed down to batavia. i lined up with the other verts and started talking to people that i knew. late 90's cobra, new lexus, new chrysler, my gt and a 67 mustang. all nice clean cars, no junk. i have 2 nice young ladies and and a young man riding in the car with me. they ask if they could pass candy out and i agreed. playing music and casual conversation was leading to a good time. we get about halfway through town and then it happens. stupid disrespectful people start throwing candy back at the cars. not tootsie rolls and soft candy but suckers and other rock candy. this stuff is bouncing off of the bodys of all of the cars. to many people around to figure out who is doing it. all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye i notice someone drawing back getting ready to throw something. there it goes and hits the car in front of me followed by another.then he steps around and i get a good look at him. to my surprise the person had to be in his 50's dressed in a buisness suit. our eyes made contact and he could tell that throwing one in my direction could lead to a bad day for him. i watched as he walked down the road away from the parade. after calming myself down, my thoughts returned to all of the emo teens that seemed to be everywhere.

trev

302coupe
10-12-2007, 10:49 PM
dude i would have stoped my car and got out and throw my fist into his face..

Rick93coupe
10-12-2007, 11:12 PM
People actually throw candy back? Whats this world coming to...

95redstang
10-13-2007, 03:51 AM
I seen somewhere that some towns are not allowing people to throw candy during parades. A little girl got hit in the eye and of course her parents slapped a lawsuit on the town...

ponymom05
10-13-2007, 08:10 AM
In Alexandria, KY they have a huge fair & horse show over Labor Day weekend. It starts on Wednesday and they have a parade to commenorate the opening day. This year the participants were not allowed to throw candy. Worse yet the police cars, fire trucks and emergency vehicles were not allowed to sound their sirens. I have to say I left there thinking this was one boring parade!

I can't believe some asshat would throw the candy back at the cars! Unbelievable it was a grown man! You showed great restraint not getting out of your vehicle. Most people wouldn't have.

tcorns
10-13-2007, 04:03 PM
i was really surprised that they were throwing candy in general. i am a volly firefighter, and every parade that i have participated in had candy. but we were to run along side of the truck and hand it out no throwing.
the old guy really blew me away. when i seen him i was shocked. i could only imagine how upset the guy in the lexus ahead of me would be if he had to replace his windshield.
i read the earlier post about emo kids, and thought to myself no way. well i seen them yesterday... wtf is the world coming to.

trev

ps. maybe the old guy has an emo son.

DeckerEnt
10-14-2007, 01:10 AM
I put a parade float in 2 4th of july parades every year the past 6 or so. My Dad usually drives and my bro and I throw the candy. In Fort mitchell, we are instructed to throw it all the way to the curb and at the feet of the kids. We get tootsie rolls, and by the end of the parade, they are kind of soft and warm. Oh well. The only thing coming back at me during the parades is usually water, which I welcome because on July 4th, it is usually hotter than hell cruising at 5 mph for a few hours with no shade.
Keith

mustang8998
10-14-2007, 09:55 AM
......The only thing coming back at me during the parades is usually water, which I welcome because on July 4th, it is usually hotter than hell cruising at 5 mph for a few hours with no shade.
Keith

Hate to break this to ya Keith, that ain't water! :lol:

It is sad that people act that way. Must be poor parenting. I was raised to respect others property. I just want others to respect mine.

Ryan218
10-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Hate to break this to ya Keith, that ain't water! :lol:

It is sad that people act that way. Must be poor parenting. I was raised to respect others property. I just want others to respect mine.

:bigthumb

bestracing
10-14-2007, 07:34 PM

X2 :bigthumb