PDA

View Full Version : UMTR Points

ponymom05
10-15-2007, 08:10 PM
I have been given back my previously revoked bitchin rights, only under supervision! So here goes. I have to make it count since my rights could be taken back at any time...

UMTR points race 2007

As all of the UMTR members are aware, we were told by our esteemed leader in the driver's meeting at Muncie, after the rainout was called, that in lieu of rescheduling the race those IN ATTENDANCE at that meeting would receive 3 points. This created a bitchfest when those 3 points were not awarded as promised. I was chastised on the UMTR site for questioning this as UMTR people are politically correct, or always correct, and are not to be questioned. Karl felt he was being called a liar, (definition of not doing what you say?) Blah, blah, blah. So I dropped it. Others continued the discussion online, but I stayed out of it. If you were at the driver's meeting Saturday at E2o and heard Karl state that if anyone wanted to discuss the points we could see him after the meeting. This was what he was referring to. To my knowledge, no one took this option. I didn't as I figured it was a lost cause, heard all they had to say on the UMTR forum, and didn't want to ruin my day with rehashing all of this.

However, there was still a lot of grumbling in the pits among the Muncie participants over this. Then the info came out that a member got 3 points at Indy because his friend paid his fee and signed his name. He was nowhere near the track that day. Is this fair? I would like to call BS on this. I understand and support the concept of your car may be down, etc. and you cannot run, but you should at least show up. It has happened to me once this year. Our buddy Craig Newport has been doing it the last several races. But he is there, live and in person!

Now the final points have been posted and I see that if this had not been allowed at Indy, I would be tied for 10th instead of sitting in 12th place. where is the fairness? No Top 10 award for a great looking car at the cruise-in, points not earned when promised, places lost because of "cheating". Man, I'm having a bad week. And it's only Monday.

ponymom05
10-16-2007, 09:29 PM
What good is a rant if no one is joining the mayhem? Could this mean that I am 100% correct in my opinion? You guys and gals are slacking in letting me carry on and on and not stopping me. Are you afraid to voice an opinion, right or wrong? GET REAL! :eek:

I'm not feeling the love.

Mista Bone
10-16-2007, 11:43 PM
if you can stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

So, hows the weather?

Honestly, sounds like Edgewater and the way they like to change rules for certain events, not saying UMTR does, just comparing.

ponymom05
10-17-2007, 06:57 AM
if you can stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

So, hows the weather?

Honestly, sounds like Edgewater and the way they like to change rules for certain events, not saying UMTR does, just comparing.

Hey, thanks for the response. I was feeling a little left out. WAHH.

Either way, heat or no heat, you don't want me in the kitchen. That could be bad, just ask my kids!!!

I'm loving the stuff falling from the sky. Someone said it is rain, but I don't remember what that is....

Oh well, racings over, I lost, I'll move on.

12seclx
10-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Wow... seems as though the rules are made up as we go along..
Thank God I won't have to worry about this... I'll be going to win
money.... not for points... and if there's remotely a chance of rain,
I'll come to spectate and watch the others scramble when the rain hits... :D

So, all the Top 10 in points next year.. be very, very afraid, I'll be the punk
in the red coupe looking to shatter your hopes of getting to the next
round and rackin' up points! LOL! :flipoff:

331TwistedWedge
10-17-2007, 11:19 AM
i guess i cant complain too much, i finished 8th in points & attended 4 or 5 events at E20 ... i love the event & craig / carl do a wonderful job :bigthumb ... i can see this thing growing to 70-80 cars next year ...

to the cocky guy above me ... bring it with your ugly ass strawberry metallic coupe :flipoff: :lol:

Maximus
10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Our buddy Craig Newport has been doing it the last several races. But he is there, live and in person!

Actually, I did it at the first race. I didnt have a car, so I paid the $20 in order to make the pot bigger and get 3 points.

Munice was rained out the first time and I received 0 points for driving up there.:( The second Muncie race., I stayed home.

The last race, I had a car, but I paid $20 and sat up in the tower with Josh and chatted with everyone via the Mic. I was just trying to get the pot bigger for all the racers. I dont even think I got the points, but I didnt ask Karl either.

Oh well, its still a GREAT class to race and Ill be title sponsor again if Karl asks. Heck, with all the Stangs that show up, maybe SBZ should sponsor it as well:bigthumb

ponymom05
10-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Heck, with all the Stangs that show up, maybe SBZ should sponsor it as well:bigthumb

Now there's a thought!! :bigthumb

PonymanfiveO
10-17-2007, 10:36 PM
I have been given back my previously revoked bitchin rights, only under supervision! So here goes. I have to make it count since my rights could be taken back at any time...

UMTR points race 2007

As all of the UMTR members are aware, we were told by our esteemed leader in the driver's meeting at Muncie, after the rainout was called, that in lieu of rescheduling the race those IN ATTENDANCE at that meeting would receive 3 points. This created a bitchfest when those 3 points were not awarded as promised. I was chastised on the UMTR site for questioning this as UMTR people are politically correct, or always correct, and are not to be questioned. Karl felt he was being called a liar, (definition of not doing what you say?) Blah, blah, blah. So I dropped it. Others continued the discussion online, but I stayed out of it. If you were at the driver's meeting Saturday at E2o and heard Karl state that if anyone wanted to discuss the points we could see him after the meeting. This was what he was referring to. To my knowledge, no one took this option. I didn't as I figured it was a lost cause, heard all they had to say on the UMTR forum, and didn't want to ruin my day with rehashing all of this.

However, there was still a lot of grumbling in the pits among the Muncie participants over this. Then the info came out that a member got 3 points at Indy because his friend paid his fee and signed his name. He was nowhere near the track that day. Is this fair? I would like to call BS on this. I understand and support the concept of your car may be down, etc. and you cannot run, but you should at least show up. It has happened to me once this year. Our buddy Craig Newport has been doing it the last several races. But he is there, live and in person!

Now the final points have been posted and I see that if this had not been allowed at Indy, I would be tied for 10th instead of sitting in 12th place. where is the fairness? No Top 10 award for a great looking car at the cruise-in, points not earned when promised, places lost because of "cheating". Man, I'm having a bad week. And it's only Monday.

Think thats bad? try Heads up Racing.:)