PDA

View Full Version : Gold Star Firehouse seasoning

Paul408Notch
10-15-2007, 08:25 PM
So I'm normally a Skyline guy, but tonight my fiance and I stopped into Gold Star just because it's like 2 miles from the house. Well I see something on the menu saying for 10 cents more, make your coneys firehouse coneys. I'm very skeptical of anything in the midwest that says it's spicy since it's usually not, but I gave it a try anyways.

I have to say... it was really good. I've become somewhat immune to a lot of spicy stuff over the last 3-4 years, but I could actually feel it burn a bit. For anybody that enjoys spicy food, it's definitely worth the extra 10 cents a coney, or you can add it to your 3-way for like a quarter or so. WAY better than that crappy spicy cheese Skyline had for a while.

Black Horse
10-15-2007, 09:03 PM
You have been gone for a while bud.....GoldStar Firehouse rocks!

Mr.Moontang
10-15-2007, 09:05 PM
I like the dry portion of the firehouse stuff the best, but the red sauce is pretty good too

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I seem to be losing my hot food eating edge as i get older....anymore i really can't stand eating anything that is so hot that it lasts beyond a few drinks of a beverage. I do love spicey foods and i put my own spice seasoning on pretty much everything i eat, but as for eating real serious hot sauces, i'm done with it. I used to eat Dave's Insanity sauce on everything but it's just overkill to me now. I do like Gold Star's hot sauces though but mostly for the flavor, and i LOVE Tabasco and Frank's Redhot.

Mista Bone
10-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Paul back in Cincy??????

While I like the Firehouse sauce, it effects are like the hottest wing sauce at BW3's.

Digestive track goes liquid and evacuates within 45 minutes. Not fun!