PDA

View Full Version : The sad state of our nation...

mach_u
10-15-2007, 10:39 PM
...can best be described by Rachel and I's search for .10 cent White Castles this evening. We figured we would shoot out and pick up some cheap sliders for dinner. As we were cruising down Beechmont Ave we got about a mile or two from our destination when we noticed the right lane that would eventually turn in to White Castle was suspiciously backed up. We figured surely it had to do with the time of the day and nothing to do with White Castle's evening special. Well the closer we got, the more we noticed the left lane had almost no traffic in it. Finally, figuring we would fly down the left hand lane and make a right further up. Wrong! Traffic was in fact seriously backed up getting into the White Castle parking lot. Not only that but people were parking further down the street at Home Depot and walking over(crossing 4-lanes of semi-rush hour traffic to get there). Needless to say we had Taco Bell! The most disturbing thing about this whole evening was, the realization that a good percentage of these fine "cravers" will most likely be absent on voting day due to not finding the 15 minutes necessary to secure the fate of their nation - but they have no problem waiting the better part of an evening to save .50 cents on their Whitey's. :(

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-15-2007, 10:45 PM
It's all about priorities dude :lol:

Brandon Alsept
10-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah it is sad that people will go wait for a hour for a fukin 10 cent burger that will give them the $hit$ LOL.

mach_u
10-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah it is sad that people will go wait for a hour for a fukin 10 cent burger that will give them the $hit$ LOL.
haha. That's exactly what Rachel said. :lol: That's ok though, because I had Taco Bell and more than made up for it.. :o

YouGotJunk
10-15-2007, 11:07 PM
I cant believe what people will do just to save a couple bucks...it's amazing. I'd rather spend more just so I wouldn't have to deal with a bunch of idiots forsure.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-15-2007, 11:09 PM
I cant believe what people will do just to save a couple bucks...it's amazing. I'd rather spend more just so I wouldn't have to deal with a bunch of idiots forsure.

Absolutely. I spend $4.50-$5.00 for a 12 pack of pop at the gas station because it takes me all of 45 seconds to get in, buy it and get back to my car. You can't do that at Walmart, and saving a couple bucks is just not worth the time and absolute aggravation that i endure every time i step foot in that place.

Mista Bone
10-16-2007, 12:01 AM
3 DDT's (Double Decker Tacos) from Taco Hell, I'll back them up with 6 White Castle cheesburgers tomorrow.

I won't overpay for pop. I did hit Krogers last week, 4 for $10 12 packs, no limit. 20 12 packs later, plenty of pop for mom and me, likely till Xmas!

I also recycle the soda and beer cans. Not for my profit, but drop them off at the local fire station which is 200 ft out of the way. The money is supposed to goto Shriners, I hope it is.

dedpedal
10-16-2007, 06:50 AM
I had fun hanging out with Holly and Beth watching all the idiots.

Paul408Notch
10-16-2007, 06:52 AM

Exactly 50% of the reason I won't set foot into walmart.

MrsAPE
10-16-2007, 07:35 AM
So true!! Happy Belated Anniversary too AJ and Rachel!

mach_u
10-16-2007, 08:36 AM
So true!! Happy Belated Anniversary too AJ and Rachel!
Aww, thanks! We both took the day off from work and lounged around all day and did nothing. It was awesome! :bigthumb

REDHOTGTGIRL
10-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Aw, thanks MrsAPE. We had a nice lazy day, which was great.

I couldn't believe people were parking down the street and trying to cross Beechmont Ave, just to get some sliders. Insanity! So not worth standing in line!

Holly
10-16-2007, 09:39 AM
I had fun hanging out with Holly and Beth watching all the idiots.

Thank goodness Kev called me before I hit the Ft. Wright area and detoured me through the Wal-Mart parking lot, the line to get in White Castle was wrapped around Orphanage Road! Ridiculous! They are 46 cents to begin with, so what, you save 30 cents, x say 6 white castles, equals a whopping $1.80! NOT WORTH WAITING IN LINE OVER.

But Kevin is right, we had a good time watching all the goofballs standing in line, trying to cut in front of each other, over a hamburger. :rolleyes: It was amusing.

MrsAPE
10-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Aww, thanks! We both took the day off from work and lounged around all day and did nothing. It was awesome! :bigthumb

Aw, thanks MrsAPE. We had a nice lazy day, which was great.

Welcome. Sounds like the best way to spend the day. Think hubby and I will try that next year. Any takers on the kids?!?!? ANYONE?! :D

plated
10-16-2007, 11:51 AM
we could have powerd the world with natural gas if whitey's did that deal more often:bigthumb