PDA

View Full Version : Electric Fence (underground for pets)

Kevin Doe
10-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Anyone know anyone that might know anyone that might install those underground electric fences for pets.

If so, let somebody know.

bobtsgt
10-16-2007, 01:46 PM
X2 we could use one ourselves but don't have the time to install it.

89notch
10-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I bought the petsafe wireless dog fence it works great just set teh distance they are allowed to go away from the box. You can buy them at tractor supply

bobtsgt
10-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks Kelly. I'll look into that.

Kevin Doe
10-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Might want to verify how ti works. Here is my thinking. The transmitter sends a signal. The receiver (the part aroudn the pets neck), has a chip in it that tells it when the signal is no longer recieved, or maybe weak, shock the pet. What happens if batteries get low ro run out? Does the receiver shock the pet continuously?

I'm sure they have safeties in palce for that, but thought its somethign worth looking into.

WhiteT
10-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Me three. I have one at my house that needs repaired.

89notch
10-16-2007, 02:30 PM
When the battery goes dead it will not shock him at all. I have had mine for about 2 years and it works perfect you just have to check the colloar every once and a while to see if the battery light is flashing

95redstang
10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
We are looking into they same stuff..our boxer can jump our split rail fence and he's only a year and a half. The last time he got out he got drilled by a car on Resor doing at least 40mph and his paw was broke. It's cost me almost $1000 since Early August for his vet bills...

Dirtyd0g
10-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I lost a dog to one of the systems I'll never trust it again. Once they go out they are afraid to come back. One dog did very well on the system after a year she never left the property even after it was removed. It's really all about the dog. My beagle could care less I had the collar maxed and he still went through it.
Alan

95redstang
10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I lost a dog to one of the systems I'll never trust it again. Once they go out they are afraid to come back. One dog did very well on the system after a year she never left the property even after it was removed. It's really all about the dog. My beagle could care less I had the collar maxed and he still went through it.
Alan

Wow..My boxer is so damn dumb he would stand right where he would get shocked and just stay there....:dunno:

Black Hole
10-16-2007, 05:20 PM
I looked into this for my Rottie and German Sheppard.....I didn't care for it after speaking to a few sales reps.

I decided just to build a good ole-fashioned fence.

They have gotten out once or twice (door or gate left open), but it's all about training them.

bobtsgt
10-16-2007, 05:24 PM
we have a fence all around but sometimes the dog likes to dart out the front door. especially when my mother comes over. So its kinda like a back up fence system.

YouGotJunk
10-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Wow..My boxer is so damn dumb he would stand right where he would get shocked and just stay there....:dunno:

I bet if you were just running accross the yard and something started shocking the hell out of you I'd bet you'd be afraid to move aswell, lol. You should catch Ricky sleeping someday and put it on him...Now THAT would be some funny shit!

95redstang
10-16-2007, 09:56 PM
I bet if you were just running accross the yard and something started shocking the hell out of you I'd bet you'd be afraid to move aswell, lol. You should catch Ricky sleeping someday and put it on him...Now THAT would be some funny shit!

:lol:
I just think my dog rides the special bus and wears a helmet...:lol: He ran straight into my sliding glass door at full speed twice in a 2 day period last week..I thought for sure he broke that bitch..I would have ran his ass over for that..:lol:

Bill
10-17-2007, 05:49 PM
You can buy the fence kits at Tractor Supply or Home Depot. Then you can rent a machine from Home Depot that will bury the wire for you, it is similar to a trencher.

I have installed the invisible fences before and with the gas powered machine it is very easy.

--Bill

ponyexpress91
10-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Alot depends on the breed and the dog's constitution. I have seen some take the max hit and just bolt through.

oakforgepl
10-24-2007, 01:45 PM
I have a 5 year old dumb ass black lab and when I move into the house 4 years ago I had a fence installed by invisable fence in the winter for a special price of 500.00 it was the best money we ever spent, at our families lake house we bought and installed a tractor supply, home depot fence and it the dog just runs right though it. Maybe its because it is a new surrounding but when he goes through it and gets shocked he just twitches for a second and keeps running.