PDA

View Full Version : dumb computer question

mustangboy
10-16-2007, 06:42 PM
I inherited an older Dell laptop as an xtra computer and I'm trying to download the software for my printer. Well it is telling me that my Active X setting is not allowing the software to download. I've looked all over and can find where to enable the Active X function. Anyway it is the original version of WindowsXP. Thanks guys.

Paul408Notch
10-16-2007, 06:49 PM
That's pretty normal. When it comes up, just click that little info bar where the message is and click the "allow control to run" or whatever it says. Should work then.

FMGT1999
10-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Warning your opening your computer's internet browser security setting... with that being said,

Are you using IE to do download this software? if so which version, I can tell you that with version 7 of IE you can set the Active X settings under tools, Internet Options, go to the security tab and click on the globe marked "Internet" and then down below that is a custom level button, click on that and inside of there you will find active X controls, I want to warn you again to be careful as you turn on Active X your possible opening holes in your browser security which could dangerous...

Good luck,
Kyle