PDA

View Full Version : RUST............. And Sunroofs!!!!!

Stangman
10-16-2007, 11:12 PM
tonight i got to workin on the "Puzzle" again and decided it was time to address the rust issues on the drivers side strut tower and what little i THOUGHT i had on the floors.... well, got my 3" cutoff tool and tried to make a few cuts... damn brake master cylinder was hindering me!! so i decided to take out the master/booster in one unit, well i got the bottom 2 booster bolts out. and of course without being some contortionist its tough to get the top bolts out. So i decided to take out the front seats, and since i was taking out the front seats i decided i should take out the carpet... ya know, since i was going to get new carpet anyway... well after the bear that it was to get the carpet out i find out how bad my passenger rear and drivers front floors really are.... well up at the top front corner on the drivers side i thought it was just weak and starting... well after cleaning off that evil black shit most refer to as Mastic, i discover a total hole size of 4x7 inches!!! AND as for the passenger side.... apparently someone VERY large has sat in that side at one time because the floor was CRACKED and actually BENT down to where the seat bolt holes dont even line up with the seat brackets!!! looks like i have a lot more work ahead of me than i thought, Oh yeah... and i still have that damn sunroof to eliminate!!! the puzzle continues........

PonymanfiveO
10-16-2007, 11:19 PM
eliminate the sunroof???

wow...thats a big job. I was talking to a friend who does auto body about that tonight.
Id love to get rid of mine to save some weight, but its got to be too big of a job for what its worth.

Keep at it man, the hard work will pay off soon enough. Just dont get overwhelmed and loose interest. ;)

Rustanggt98
10-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Keep at it man, the hard work will pay off soon enough. Just dont get overwhelmed and loose interest. ;)

touche ;)

sorry, too-shay, for those of you from kentucky that is french :D

mustangboy
10-17-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm lazy, I'd just go find me a cheap roller with no rust. Rust sucks especially when you have as much as you do. Good luck dude, you have your work cut out for you.

dedpedal
10-17-2007, 07:41 AM
use a long 3/8 extension to get to the booster bolts. That makes it a 10 minute job.

Stangman
10-17-2007, 08:27 AM
use a long 3/8 extension to get to the booster bolts. That makes it a 10 minute job.

hmmm never thought about that one.... the dash is out so that should be nice and easy....

as for the roof, guys, its not a factory unit, its a hackjob dealer or aftermarket one.... ive got a line on a solid roof for 25 bucks, and i was pretty good in welding/machining in highschool so i think my chances are good...

every roller i find seems to be in the same shape or worse than mine...

as for the hole in the drivers floor, i should be able to lay a patch over it with flange to weld to the rocker side and the firewall side...

and the rear floor, well i havent given it much thought, ill have to address that one slowly, im thinking that a stud welder and slide hammer might be the only way with out making the floor all beat up with my big hammer...

R825OH
10-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Fun times Man, keep at it Jesse !!

stangman_5
10-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I think my big ass broke the drivers side :lol:. But I think ricks big ass broke the passengers :rofl: J/K Ricky..........