PDA

View Full Version : So I'm a lil excited...

Stangman
10-18-2007, 12:19 AM
I think i just got a nice booster shot of confidence into myself on my '88... I know its pretty miniscule, but i made some bolts tonight and they turned out damn good! I mean, i made bolts... how cool is that? I bought a 1" spacer for my explorer intake and have exhausted EVERY possibility i could think of as to where i could find the bolts that would allow me to use this spacer... so i broke down and purchased some threaded rod and some nuts... and this is why i LOVE having a welder!!! so after some preliminary measuring i whipped out the hacksaw and cut me up some pieces stuck em in the vice and welded a nut on top screwed down a few threads, and i couldnt believe that i actually made them and they turned out very professional and are very strong as well!!! This all may seem stupid, but its like a lil personal victory for me and i hope this only means that im gonna have good luck with the rest of my project...

Im a frickin fabricator and didnt even know it...

seriously, ive made/modified soo much shit over the past few years and didnt even stop to think about it till now, never thought anything special of it... but damn i think i need to get me a job welding/fabricating... cant wait to see how my roof-skin job will go:D

DeckerEnt
10-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Congrats Jesse!!! I need to loose a spacer on my coupe project. Can you fab up some bolts to fit it??!!
I will give you the bolts from mine. I have a 93 cobra upper and a 1 inch spacer. I need to loose the spacer so my motor will fit under a stock hood. Wanna trade?
Keith

bobtsgt
10-18-2007, 08:27 AM
nice. I've made bolts before when in a pinch. whatever it takes to get the job done

Stangman
10-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Congrats Jesse!!! I need to loose a spacer on my coupe project. Can you fab up some bolts to fit it??!!
I will give you the bolts from mine. I have a 93 cobra upper and a 1 inch spacer. I need to loose the spacer so my motor will fit under a stock hood. Wanna trade?
Keith

yeah, i have the stock length bolts... that should do the trick for ya!

what kinda hood did the pile have??

MrsAPE
10-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Oh boys and their toys! :bigthumb:

beefcake
10-18-2007, 10:23 AM
kewl
:)

R825OH
10-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Dig it

Gearhead
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Good Job Jesse !! :bigthumb

DeckerEnt
10-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Harwood 4 inch cowl hood. Pretty good shape concidering.
Keith

Stangman
10-19-2007, 12:30 AM
oooh yeah... the whole flying off thing...almost forgot that part...

Man, i hope my gt40 intake with the spacer clears my Mach1 hood like kevin has...