PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva still middleweight champ...

92StangMan
10-21-2007, 12:45 AM
Franklin looked much better in the early part of round one but near the end Silva began landing some tough punches and kicks. I hated to see Franklin lose but Silva is a great champ and very respectful.

Rich
10-21-2007, 12:56 AM
Silva just does so much at all times, fist and knees flying in at all times from all directions...he is a great fighter.

Rich Franklin has always been my favorite but Anderson Silva is truly a great champ!

92StangMan
10-21-2007, 01:00 AM
No kidding.. Anderson comes at you from all angles.

1byafender
10-21-2007, 01:09 AM
WOW THAT SUCKS REALLY WANTED TO SEE FRANKLIN WIN :mad:

Black03SVT
10-21-2007, 03:56 AM
Details? How bad did Rich get beat? What round?

Brandon Alsept
10-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Got a few knees to the head that finished him a little way into the 2nd round. He looked alot better this time but Silva is going to be very very hard to beat for anyone. Franklin got saved by the bell in round one as he got knocked out with about 4 seconds to go and that saved him for round 2.

Black03SVT
10-21-2007, 10:44 AM
I had a bet (lunch) with a guy at work that Rich was going to get beat again. Free lunch for me:D Rich is one of my fav fighters but I was sure he would lose BIG again. I would have more faith in Rich but he got wasted in the first fight (over powered) just should not be in the same ring as Silva :mad:

mach_u
10-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Franklin got his world rocked unfortunately. I was rooting for him but it was very apparent who the better fighter was. At least they were both really good sports.

theyallslow
10-21-2007, 12:28 PM
rich needs to get off his ass and get to work.

BigBadStang
10-21-2007, 03:08 PM
man...i have tried to get into the UFC style of fights.
i have went to a few of the smaller sanctions of fights, and have watched some on spike tv, but i havent been able to get into it. on the commercials, they show all these bone crushing hits, but it seems like everytime i see a fight, the guys are in such a hurry to get past the fists, and wallow around on the mat. i respect the conditioning, and athleticism it takes to do all the holds and shit, but my god it gets boring as fuck watching 2 guys rolling around like they are trying to rape one another. ref breaks them up, or the round ends, and then it starts all over again. i cant bring myself to sit through this just to see a few punches, or kicks landed.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Take a guy who's a super badass in kick boxing and teach him MMA fighting skills and you've got a guy who can strike with every limp and still beat your ass on the ground...that's tough to combat. Too bad for Rich, i hope he doesn't fall out and fade away after this one.

Paul408Notch
10-21-2007, 06:38 PM
I can't think of a single guy that might be able to take Silva out. He's just an amazing fighter. I honestly didn't think Rich had a chance in hell of winning, but still kind of hoped he could get by.

As far as the rest of the fights... that was one of the worst PPVs I've seen in a long time. After the last Tim Sylvia fight I bought, I swore I'd never buy another, and the one last night just confirms that the UFC swindled another couple hours of pay out of me.

billy69mach
10-21-2007, 06:42 PM
RICH FRANKLIN IS DONE IN THAT WEIGHT CLASS

92StangMan
10-21-2007, 07:20 PM
I can't think of a single guy that might be able to take Silva out.

Matt Lindland would give Anderson a lot of trouble but Matt and Dana's relationship isn't the best and I doubt Matt will be back in the UFC. It's a shame, too. Hopefully Hendo drops down to 185 and fights Anderson since that would be a great match up.

Rich should stick around a little bit longer. If someone comes along and takes the belt away from Silva, Franklin has a legit chance. Rich is an extremely tough guy who matches up with almost anyone in the middleweight division... except for Silva.

92StangMan
10-21-2007, 07:23 PM
BigBadStang, your views stem from not doing any grappling. Many people find it boring to find two guys on the ground but watching two very skilled grapplers is awesome. Watching the techinque, scrambling and ways they get into position can be the best part of the fight.

07thorobrd
10-22-2007, 12:35 AM
it sucks that Franklin lost. his wife was my high school english teacher...so ive talked to him a few times. he is a really cool guy. i hate to see him loose. i think that he will get the belt back though. silva is one bad MOFO though.lol

mach_u
10-22-2007, 07:44 AM
BigBadStang, your views stem from not doing any grappling. Many people find it boring to find two guys on the ground but watching two very skilled grapplers is awesome. Watching the techinque, scrambling and ways they get into position can be the best part of the fight.
I think it's the most boring part of the fight personally. Nothing like two dudes with their balls on each other spooning. :rolleyes: That's why I hope Crocop can drop a weight class and starts dominating. I think it's far more interesting to see some dude take a round house to the head or a spinning back fist and then get the crap beat out of him on the ground if he is still conscious - instead of all the man grappling. :barf:

BigBadStang
10-22-2007, 08:33 AM
I think it's the most boring part of the fight personally. Nothing like two dudes with their balls on each other spooning. :rolleyes: That's why I hope Crocop can drop a weight class and starts dominating. I think it's far more interesting to see some dude take a round house to the head or a spinning back fist and then get the crap beat out of him on the ground if he is still conscious - instead of all the man grappling. :barf:

:agree:

but i can appreciate the conditioning, training, and athleticism it takes to do all of the "grappling". but it seems like alot of them want to go for the tap out, rather than actually fighting, and it drags on...and on...and on.
no disrespect to any of the UFC fans or fighters, just not my "glass of beer".

theyallslow
10-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Too bad for Rich, i hope he doesn't fall out and fade away after this one.

I dont think that he will, he is one hell of a fighter. but i think that he is spending to much time doing promos and not enought time training. And he cant quit, his contract with maxus tools will not let him.

Brandon Alsept
10-22-2007, 08:51 AM
While I like the big knockouts, I have started liking the ground game. After watching the ultimate fighter more I have more respect for the grapplers. A lot more respect for the technicality in the ground game. Anyone can throw a punch, it takes some work to make them TAP OUT:bigthumb

Walter
10-22-2007, 09:53 AM
I can't think of a single guy that might be able to take Silva out.

Lindland or Hendo would beat Silva, but as stated before you wont see Lindland in UFC.

Walter
10-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Franklin has maybe 2 fights left on his contract. If he cant beat the champ he wont get the renewal for big $$$. I heard he was getting no more than 30k per fight. Too small for 205 (and competition is crazy), too big for 170. Whats he gonna do? All the other champs at the time (Chuck, Hughes Etc.) were making 3 times the $ per fight.

theyallslow
10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
well he got somthing like 140k for a 2 years with us at CH.

Mike
10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Rich got handled.

I haven't been into the UFC events for THAT long (about a year), but since I've started watching, I've never seen Franklin look good. He seems really slopping, and Anderson made him look like a fool in the first round, dodging every single punch and kick he could throw.

Personally, one of my favorite recent fights, was Hendo vs. Rampage, or Griffin vs. Shogun.

5.0calypso93lx
10-22-2007, 11:01 AM

C'mon AJ, everyone knows its only gay if you make eye contact :lol: j/k

92StangMan
10-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Rich got handled.

I haven't been into the UFC events for THAT long (about a year), but since I've started watching, I've never seen Franklin look good. He seems really slopping, and Anderson made him look like a fool in the first round, dodging every single punch and kick he could throw.

Personally, one of my favorite recent fights, was Hendo vs. Rampage, or Griffin vs. Shogun.

Franklin isn't a sloppy fighter. Check out any of his fights outside of when he fights Anderson. He's a very tough and aggressive fighter that loves to push the pace. One fight that really stands out on the damage that he can do is when he fought Evan Tanner. Speaking of Evan, I'd love to see him back in the UFC but it seems life might be going down hill for him. It's sad to say since he always seemed like a good guy.

JET50213
10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Too bad about Rich. I was really disappointed in Brandon Vera, though. He is one of my favorite up and comers. Tim Sylvia needs to get out of the UFC. He just lays his big ass on his opponent until they get tired. Dana White should take a hint from all the boos. Sylvia gets booed at every fight.

mach_u
10-22-2007, 01:22 PM
C'mon AJ, everyone knows its only gay if you make eye contact :lol: j/k
.....:o

Mike
10-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Franklin isn't a sloppy fighter. Check out any of his fights outside of when he fights Anderson. He's a very tough and aggressive fighter that loves to push the pace. One fight that really stands out on the damage that he can do is when he fought Evan Tanner. Speaking of Evan, I'd love to see him back in the UFC but it seems life might be going down hill for him. It's sad to say since he always seemed like a good guy.

Well, I watched the Okami fight, and he wasn't impressive there either.

I think Lindland would whoop Rich, and so would Henderson.

He's very entertaining, and makes for a very interesting fight, but I think after being thoroughly destroyed by Anderson the first fight, he stopped being the fighter he was prior to that.

BigBadStang
10-22-2007, 02:00 PM
it wont be long now...with the growth of the sport, and the influx of money. it will get corrupted by money hungry promoters, and managers, just like boxing.
isnt it amazing how big money seems to suck the life out things that were once "enjoyable"?

theyallslow
10-22-2007, 03:16 PM
i heard that Mark Cuban, is going to start his verson of the UFC.

Brandon Alsept
10-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Brock Lesnar will rule all:cool1:

Paul408Notch
10-22-2007, 04:32 PM

I don't know how into things Crocop is anymore. From what I've been hearing, he's just showing up because he's under contract. I guess he's been elected to government in Croatia, and just doesn't seem to care about the fighting very much anymore.

I can't wait. I had a few people over for the fight, and during one of the first matches I started telling them about Lesnar's K1 fight, and how impressive he looked. Then later, there he is with a UFC contract. I can't wait to see what he'll do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWQ1AyGUFsQ

mach_u
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Heck yeah. Dude's a hoss! :bigthumb

Walter
10-22-2007, 05:27 PM

Tanner drinks alot, correct?

Chris Lazzo
10-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Rich will be back.....( Franklin Silva 3 ) He just needs a game plan and stick to it. Theres no doubt in my mind that Rich can beat Silva heck Travis Lutter
almost pulled it off. Silva can't take punches that well, If Rich could of landed something that fight could of went the other way. It's almost like Rich was afraid of getting hit in the face.

Who Knows

He's not quitting till he gets that belt back mark my words.

Chris

Black03SVT
10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Rich will be back.....( Franklin Silva 3 ) He just needs a game plan and stick to it. Theres no doubt in my mind that Rich can beat Silva heck Travis Lutter
almost pulled it off. Silva can't take punches that well, If Rich could of landed something that fight could of went the other way. It's almost like Rich is afraid of getting hit in the face.

Chris

Franklin is one of my fav fighters but I just dont see him ever beating Silva. I think Silva just has Franklins #. Two fights and Rich got hammered both times?

Walter
10-22-2007, 07:51 PM
almost pulled it off. Silva can't take punches that well, If Rich could of landed something that fight could of went the other way. It's almost like Rich was afraid of getting hit in the face.

Who Knows

Chris

There's only a third fight to settle the score. 0-2 against Silva, he wont get that opportunity for a looooooooong time.

venomous_svt
10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Technically, Hendo will have to fight silva...he is the reigning middleweight pride champ...with that are suppose to be doing unification bouts with the pride buy out....Im anxious to see if that one will happen...He is also the the pride welterweight champ...so if they do these fights...hendo has alot on his plate.

There are alot of people in the MMA world that can and have beat Anderson Silva, by his loss record he can be submitted as all but one of his losses came from that.....I dont see many that can beat him...St Pierre could keep up with Silva's onslaught if he moved up a weight class...There is alot of Light heavyweights that could cut and give him problems to like Wanderlai Silva. But I dont know if they would fight each other since A. Silva was once part of Chute Boxe.

Shogun disappointed the hell out of me against griffin! Something was up with that.

Lastly, Tim "The LAMEASS" Silva needs to get the hell out of the UFC if they give him a title shot I am quiting watching UFC altogether.

venomous_svt
10-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Silva can't take punches that well

Um...I think you need to research his past fights...hitting him only pisses him off!:D I have seen almost all of his fights since he started in 00...he has never been KO'd.

Mike
10-23-2007, 10:52 AM

Who Knows

Chris

We'll see. That was the last fight on his contract, we'll see where he goes from here.

Personally, I don't think Rich has the ability to beat Silva.

theyallslow
10-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Personally, I don't think Rich has the ability to beat Silva.

I dont think that he should get a nother shot yet but i think that he should be able to beat him.

Mike
10-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Technically, Hendo will have to fight silva...he is the reigning middleweight pride champ...with that are suppose to be doing unification bouts with the pride buy out....Im anxious to see if that one will happen...He is also the the pride welterweight champ...so if they do these fights...hendo has alot on his plate.

There are alot of people in the MMA world that can and have beat Anderson Silva, by his loss record he can be submitted as all but one of his losses came from that.....I dont see many that can beat him...St Pierre could keep up with Silva's onslaught if he moved up a weight class...There is alot of Light heavyweights that could cut and give him problems to like Wanderlai Silva. But I dont know if they would fight each other since A. Silva was once part of Chute Boxe.

Shogun disappointed the hell out of me against griffin! Something was up with that.

Lastly, Tim "The LAMEASS" Silva needs to get the hell out of the UFC if they give him a title shot I am quiting watching UFC altogether.

Word. About the Shogun fight, he looked fat to me. I think he took Forest extremely lightly, and just didn't train. Therefore by the end of the fight, he was completely exhausted and got own3d.

I hope there continues to be some interesting fights. And Brock Lesner coming, should make things more interesting.

Lastly, I never want to watch Tim Sylvia fight again, he's a slow moving, fat, stupid redneck that ALWAYS makes the fight so incredibly boring.

92StangMan
10-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Tanner drinks alot, correct?

Correct.

I read something a while back talking about how he views his life and that he wants to fight again but cannot get back onto the right path. Let me see if I can find it.

92StangMan
10-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Evan Tanner: “I Haven’t Been Training”

It seems that former UFC Middleweight Champion Evan Tanner won’t be returning to action in the near future after all according to a post today on his official website:

I have not been training at all, despite what the rumors say. I’ve signed no fights. I’m so far gone, living on the road, drinking myself into oblivion, that in moments of weakness, I wonder if I can make it back. It’s going to be a long road. I started drinking heavily, long before fighting was even a thought in my head. There was a definite reason I began. There was a method to my madness with good purpose. I’ll tell that story later.

We originally reported that Tanner had been offered the opportunity to take on Dean Lister at UFC 79 but it seems that he neglected to take up on the offer, for good reason if he hasn’t been training with Chute Boxe USA like we all assumed.

Tanner is once again fighting with the demons inside of him. Yet despite all of the setbacks, he still apparently wants to return to the Octagon:

I’ve been on the road for almost two years. I’m tired. I’m tired of drinking, I’m tired of living out of bags, I’m tired of not feeling home. And where is home? I imagine being in the gym again. I imagine stepping into the Octagon again, and in some strange way, those thoughts bring me comfort. That is my home. I know it’s time to come home.

I never wanted to be a fighter. I never dreamed of it. Those I most respected were men of peace. Despite what the general public thinks, I don’t train full time or year round. I never have. Throughout my career, if you wish to call it that, I have been a heavy drinker. I’ve only trained for a month or two at a time when I sign a fight. Sometimes I’ve put down the alchohol, sometimes I haven’t. I think the fights where I haven’t are obvious.

I keep having this idea of what I could do, what I could be if I put put the vices aside and dedicated myself to the sport. I’ve been obsessed with the idea lately. It’s funny. A friend told me I was doing Wing Chun in my sleep, lying there, working techniques. The next night I was throwing elbows and knees. I take it as a sign.

All that has been on my mind is getting back in the gym. As soon as I can take care of the boat, that is where I will be.
It’s interesting when he says that he has never trained on a regular basis. What could have happened if he became a mainstay at Team Quest and actually focused on MMA full-time? It’s a good question.

I’m the biggest Tanner fan I know. I’ve spoken to him on many occasions. I believe in him. However I’m feeling more and more as the rumors are killed that he might not ever get the chance to make one more run for the UFC Middleweight Title. The man that many believe has the style to defeat Anderson Silva might not ever get that chance at this point.

92StangMan
10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Sounds like a cry for help.