PDA

View Full Version : SBC vs. SBF ?

Sharad
10-21-2007, 09:20 AM
I was just watching one of the nascar shows on SPEED. They had the engine development manager from Chevy Racing discussing the "new" R07 engine the chevy boys are running/testing. They had a segment about the differences between the R07 and the SB2 which they had been running. I was cracking up!

On the latest update for the SBC, they moved the distributor to the front of the engine and made the exhaust port spacing even for equal distribution... So basically they took the original chevy 350 design and first they made the intake port spacing even, then they put the distributor in the front, then they evened out the exhaust port spacing.

I'd have given ANY amount of money to hear the host ask "so basically, you turned it into a small block Ford?"

LOL!!!

02mingryGT
10-21-2007, 10:10 AM
My brother said that at the beginning of the year when they first showed the motor. He was sitting next to me on the couch and they show the new motor and he says "So now their running Ford's too, huh?"

JonS
10-21-2007, 10:25 AM
I'd have given ANY amount of money to hear the host ask "so basically, you turned it into a small block Ford?"

That would have been priceless.

:lol:

theyallslow
10-21-2007, 12:38 PM
well chevy is trying to bid on the one engine for nascar. with the COT there is only one body for nacar now soon there is only going to be one engine for nascar. I bet is that chevy gets it.

BigBadStang
10-21-2007, 03:00 PM
the toyota engine, and the chevy R07 are the new "spec" engines mandated in CRAPCAR by 2009. Ford and Dodge will be required to build their own spec engine to race in 09 also, but havent done so yet.

but i believe too, that one day very soon CRAPCAR will run a one manufacture spec engine in all cars, and it will either be a junk ass chevy, or a toyota backed up by tons of cash.

theyallslow
10-22-2007, 09:25 AM
well if it is money then it will go to toyota. if they stay true to racing then they will go with every make and model. thats just a lot of money for them Good ol' Boys to play with.

mustangoutlaw
10-22-2007, 09:54 AM

LOL!!!

:lol: that would have been good!!

I don't even watch it anymore at all! I hate to say it but nascar died when Earnhardt died, And I was not a fan but They have went down hill ever since!

N=NOW
A=ANOTHER
S=SPORT
C=CORPORATE
A=AMERICA
R=RUINED

BigBadStang
10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
i dont waste my time watching it anymore either. i just follow it on the web.

Sparky
10-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Well, you still have ARCA, but nobody cares about ARCA

BigBadStang
10-23-2007, 11:12 AM
ARCA is better racing, and they are FASTER than anything CRAPCAR has. the ARCA cars can actually pass each other on the superspeedways.

theyallslow
10-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Arca is still Nascar...Gay