PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari wins the 2007 F1 Championship!!!

Sharad
10-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Wow! IT WAS A CLOSE ONE! Today in the Brazilian G.P., McLaren's Hamilton slipped up and Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen picked up the slack. Kimi did what he had to do to win the championship, he won the race. But still Alonso and Hamilton were nipping at his heels. Kimi won the championship by one point!

People say F1 isn't interesting. (it's usually the Nascar Knuckledraggers that say stuff like that) The 2007 F1 Championship was truly captivating! Drivers with team swaps, the retirement of one of the greatest racers, the rookie that almost won it all... FASCINATING!!!

I swear, when Raikkonen won the championship for Ferrari and the announcers mentioned the church bells ringing in Maranello, it brought a tear to my eye!

Long Live Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!

(and let the flaming begin)

Gene
10-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Bugger. Not a good weekend for England.

I was really hoping to see Hamilton win the championship.

Sharad
10-21-2007, 02:58 PM
yeah, I was pulling for the kid too, but I'm a Ferrari fan for life!

Evil_Capri
10-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I am glad Kimi got the win and the Championship. (Thank you Phil and properly "timed" pit stops!!) Lewis will have many more chances in his career.

I got a kick seeing Kimi . . . . . . actually smile!!!

Paul408Notch
10-21-2007, 06:34 PM
I kind of feel like Hamilton is a prick. Not that I know the guy or anything, but oh well.

Evil_Capri
10-21-2007, 06:49 PM
I kind of feel like Hamilton is a prick. Not that I know the guy or anything, but oh well.

Hmmm . . . I never really got that feeling. He seems to be quite personable in interviews. I guess it can be debated on "how" he got to F1 and if that path has lead to him being a little cocky, but most of the drivers seem "prick-ish" in some sense. Hell I guess I might be a little high on myself if I was in F1. Weber is someone I'd like to sit down and have a few pints, though I'd like to party with Kimi. Some great stories about Kimi enjoying the night life . . . .

Sharad
10-21-2007, 07:20 PM
yeah, it was funny seeing kimi show some emotion. :D

As far as people I'd like to meet though, I'd love to meet Michael Schumacher. I believe he is still the best driver on the planet.

Mista Bone
10-22-2007, 01:35 AM
BAck in his time, Nigel was untouchable.

F1 is boring IMHO, unless there is a wreck at the start or equipmemt failure, pretty much the top 5 never change much.

.....or if it rains......THAT was a boring race!

Sharad
10-22-2007, 09:47 AM
i don't know... hamilton makes passes like a madman. I think it's awesome!