PDA

View Full Version : idels high...

Ryan218
10-21-2007, 10:50 PM
my car has a high idle...when you start it (cold start) it jumps to 2k when it starts then idles down to 1,600 but no lower for a little bit then idles at about 1,300...now after the engine warms up it will idle at about 1,100...but no lower...idles around 900 in gear? Ive adjusted the TPS cleaned the IAC...IAC has less then 50 miles on it to tell the truth....Ive checked all my vacuum lines thinking i may have a vacuum leak but cant find anything? when i tore my upper and lower intake of to check a few things out and to clean the injectors i scraped all the old gasket off and used Felpro gaskets when i put them back on...its been like this since i took the upper and lower off but its hard to tell because it ran like crap even before i took them off because of a corkey fuel pump.(only pumped 10psi while running)...so any ideas guys?

8NO4CYL
10-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Seems to be acting fairly normal to me. At least you have a high idle when cold, mine dies on the first startup unless you hold the gas for a minute. Haven't figured that one out yet. :confused:

Ryan218
10-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Seems to be acting fairly normal to me. At least you have a high idle when cold, mine dies on the first startup unless you hold the gas for a minute. Haven't figured that one out yet. :confused:

i was just wondering becase my dads car idels around 800 900 after it starts up and idels down but mine always stays up?