PDA

View Full Version : Exaust question

DeckerEnt
10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
I have been thinking about the exaust system for my coupe. I have long tube headers and an off road H pipe. I want to build/buy a box to put in place of the H pipe. I have heard about a pro chamber and have seen one but I want something to make the sound unique. What are the benifits of a chamber over an H or X pipe? How will the sound change? What if I make the box with angles, not square, will this help or hurt? Will the size of the box make any difference?
After this box, I have flowmasters and tail pipes. I think it is a 2.25 set up from flowmasters back and a 2.5 for the H pipe.
Keith

bobtsgt
10-22-2007, 11:46 AM
The H makes it deeper. The X makes it crackle more up top but gives an extra 1 or 2 ponies. The chamber is kind of a medium of the 2. not a lot of crackling but still kinda deep. I've never seen a chamber opened before so I can't help ya there.

JonS
10-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Pretty much what Bob said. I will say that the pro chamber is the most mellow of the 3 styles, at least in my experience and I've tried lots of stuff. There is a bit more to the prochamber than just a box, but I have forgotten what exactly is inside one. Give it a shot, it will be interesting to see what it sounds like and I highly doubt it would hurt performance.