PDA

View Full Version : SCAT stroker kits ??

black90lx
10-22-2007, 05:42 PM
has anybody used or heard anything about the SCAT rotating assemblies? this is the kit i am thinking about getting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scat Series 9000 Cast Crank Balanced Rotating Assemblies

Product images may differ from actual product appearance.

All components for our Rotating Assemblies, are designed for the ultimate in performance. We take the ''guess work'' out of engine assemblies. Our choices of components are selected to ensure we meet the needs of you, our customer. Whether it is street, strip or circle track, Scat will design the ultimate rotating assembly and make sure it is precision balanced.

Kits include Series 9000 cast crankshaft, 4340 Forged I beam connecting rods, Pistons, Ring set (Plasma ductile iron top, reverse twist 2nd ring and standard tension oil ring), Clevite 77 bearings. External balanced kits will also include flexplate and damper.

Cast Crank Rotating Assembly
Forged/Flat Top Pistons
External Balance
Bore Size 4.030''
5.400'' Rod
3.400'' Stroke
347 Cubic Inch

Sharad
10-22-2007, 07:03 PM
I used their kit in my 331" but upgraded it to SRP pistons/rings. It was nice for a budget kit. The crank took a lot of time on the balancer though.

black90lx
10-23-2007, 09:14 AM
or should i just go with a CHP kit?

bbfstanger
10-23-2007, 08:59 PM
ive used scat ,eagle,chp/rpm kits they are all pretty equal,its all china stuff,which is what everyone uses.
the 4340 i-beams will hold up as well as the cast cranks.
ck all tolerances no matter whos kit you buy.
john

331TwistedWedge
10-23-2007, 09:01 PM
any kit will work and last you for years, the weak link will be your stock block: via power adder ... i dont have a forged crank & im on my 4th season ... 331, hence the name :bigthumb

if you stay all motor, any kit should do just fine ...

black90lx
10-24-2007, 09:34 AM
i planned on putting nitrous on it to just put me at 500rwhp. i plan on putting the valley girdle and the bottom girdle on it. i might just buy a mexican block though

Jeff88coupe
10-24-2007, 12:01 PM
i planned on putting nitrous on it to just put me at 500rwhp. i plan on putting the valley girdle and the bottom girdle on it. i might just buy a mexican block though

By the time you spend the $$ on girdles and machine work for them....you may as well save a few more pennies an buy a good block. Then you don't have to worry about it every time you hit the nitrous. It's way to easy to put bigger pills in when you get HP greedy. Also...I'd go with a forged crank if your gonna spray it. It's not that hard to get 500+ rwhp out of a 347 with a power adder.

331TwistedWedge
10-24-2007, 01:18 PM

all that girdle is gonna do is hold your parts together, while the block splits in half ... a famous quote from shannon (kennebellcobra) :D

save your $$$ and get a quality block ...

ibstrokin
10-27-2007, 11:59 PM
I highly recommend at least a mexican block, mine has taken a beating, and never given me any trouble

Sharad
10-28-2007, 08:11 PM
one of my friends has a mexican block for sale...