PDA

View Full Version : Citizens to have radar detectors

02mingryGT
10-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Check this story out:

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20071023/a_radargun23.art.htm

It's actually hilarious to me. NOTHING can be done to the speeder if caught. All this is going to do is cause friction between neighbors.

I had a problem with a guy in his corvette flying up and down the street where I live. Ends up he see's/hear's my car so he wants to show me how fast he is. Which he isn't since it's a late 80's/early 90's model. Problem is there are a lot of kids in this neighborhood. So I went down and told him to stop flying up and down the street and if he wanted to lose some money let me know. He stopped doing it to say the least. That's the way you resolve that issue not giving people radar guns. People need to talk if there's an issue.

cobrajoe
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
That's Big brother slowly sneaking in on every chance they get!:flipoff:

Next thing you know they'll want to be able to control YOUR car from a location using black box technology.

theyallslow
10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
That's Big brother slowly sneaking in on every chance they get!:flipoff:

Next thing you know they'll want to be able to control YOUR car from a location using black box technology.

They call it OBD3

that is a stupid idea. so now police dont have to give me the ticket. fuck that.

PaulFiveOh
10-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh shit lol, Loveland, Ohio!

k062693w
10-23-2007, 04:22 PM
That's Nuts

theyallslow
10-23-2007, 04:30 PM
it is bull shit. whats to say that they are not liying or just an asshat that thinks they should run the street.

NXcoupe
10-23-2007, 05:40 PM
My votes for them being the asshat that thinks they should run the street.

DeckerEnt
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I say lets make friends with someone with a radar gun. We could check our speedos and make sure that when it says 100, it really is 100. LOL
Keith

mustangboy
10-23-2007, 10:54 PM
I'd gladly do it on my road. In the last couple of years they built a big subdivison at the end of my road. My road use to be a dead end street and the road was barely wide enough for two cars to pass so what few cars did go up and down the street usually went fairly slow. Well when they built the subdivision they widened the road and raised the speed limit to 35 and most people go around 50. And to think the speed limit use to only be 20. I yell at people going up and down my street every chance I get to slow down but I can't go door to door in a 200+ house subdivision and politely ask each one to slow the hell down so they don't accidently run over on of my kids. So in my particular case I think doing something to help slow people down would be a good idea.

hart88
10-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Yeah i had a run in with a neighbor a few years back where they came down my street hauling ass and i said something to them and they acted like they were doing nothing wrong and tryed to say that i had no right to tell them to slow down. I when i mentioned that there were young kids in the area they said "Well people should keep thier kids out of the street". If people had any common sense at all they would not drive fast in a subdivision, but it seems like people have no common sense.

DeckerEnt
10-24-2007, 12:10 AM
I have 3 kids, my little boy is 4 and a half. He just runs everywhere. My street right in front of my house, there is a dip. When I was a teen I used to hit it fast to bottom out and see all the sparks. Now I hate to see others do the same thing. The cops sit on my street alot so I feel better now.
Keith

BigBadStang
10-24-2007, 07:50 AM
I'd gladly do it on my road. In the last couple of years they built a big subdivison at the end of my road. My road use to be a dead end street and the road was barely wide enough for two cars to pass so what few cars did go up and down the street usually went fairly slow. Well when they built the subdivision they widened the road and raised the speed limit to 35 and most people go around 50. And to think the speed limit use to only be 20. I yell at people going up and down my street every chance I get to slow down but I can't go door to door in a 200+ house subdivision and politely ask each one to slow the hell down so they don't accidently run over on of my kids. So in my particular case I think doing something to help slow people down would be a good idea.

a couple of pounds of roofing nails sprinkled around may make you feel better...just remember NOT to drive where you "sew your seeds"!
thats how i got rid of that drunken, A-hole dirtbag on the Harley that would come ROARING through here @230 am to avoid the police station. i would put some out at about 2:20am, and after he would go through, i would go back out and pick them up with an old speaker magnet and a string. after a week, he either couldnt afford new tires, or he figured out where the nails were coming from, and picked an alternate route home from the bar.

theyallslow
10-24-2007, 08:14 AM
I like the idea of talking to them, or taking matters into your own hands. but to give out tickets that is shit.

BigBadStang
10-24-2007, 09:39 AM
citizens on patrol...lol...
but the tickets ARE bullshit, and dont see how they could stand up in court.

theyallslow
10-24-2007, 10:04 AM
i think tickets in any case are bullshit. tickets to points to insurance...all bullshit. you get fucked with every ticket you get. I think you should only get a ticket is if there is an aaccident. speeding is not that unsafe. if you are going 75 in a 65. now speeding where i live is different. 25 in a 25.

347sc
10-24-2007, 10:16 AM
I say lets make friends with someone with a radar gun. We could check our speedos and make sure that when it says 100, it really is 100. LOL
Keith

Hot Wheels makes one, seen it at Wally World not too long ago.

thejock60
10-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I agree with decker, if they let me borrow one, some friends and I would be out on some back road seeing how fast we could go:D

NXcoupe
10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
They had one of those signs on 35 that shows your speed when you come by and flashes if you are going over the speed limit. I think it was a friend of mine from this board took his dd turbo talon past it after a discussion we had if it would show triple digits. It didn't.

02mingryGT
10-24-2007, 01:08 PM
citizens on patrol...lol...
but the tickets ARE bullshit, and dont see how they could stand up in court.

They can't. I'm sure one of the officers on the board can back me up. From my knowledge an officer has to visually see you committing the infraction. That is the same reason that on the stoplight cameras if you get caught running the light it is only a fine no points. The article says the police will send you a warning letter.

Mustangboy, start getting plate numbers and reporting them. It's about the only thing you can do legally. Yes, holding a radar gun is the same thing but they won't know it's you at least if your worried about payback.

Foxxx5oh
10-25-2007, 09:01 PM
i would love to do this on my street...but its the cops that fly past doin 70+ in a 40 MPH zone...i have called and complained about 6 different cars (i usually call when i can see the number on the car) but it has done nothing...next time i call i should be a little more assertive...or wait for one to come flying up as i am goin on my route in my International 4300 and see how they like the ass end of a 26 foot box...

347sc
10-25-2007, 10:45 PM
I always found a basketball rolling out in front of them makes em stop pretty good.

BigBadStang
10-26-2007, 03:05 PM
...or wait for one to come flying up as i am goin on my route in my International 4300 and see how they like the ass end of a 26 foot box...

:lol::lol: ICC bumper 1, cop car 0! :lol::lol:

Lexstang
10-28-2007, 01:21 AM
Speeding is a misdemeanor. only punishable by fine and up to one year in jail. misdeameanors require the officer to see you doing it.
now they can investigate a felony and make charges based on what they think, but not a misdemeanor.