PDA

View Full Version : Is this original sunroof?

at3gt
10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/Slinky_1/IM002697.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/Slinky_1/IM002698.jpg

Im really doubting it is seeing other people sunroofs. And if it isnt, can anyone point me in the right direction on how i could find out who made it to get new weatherstripping for it. After the 4 days of rain, i just now realized it leaks like hell. :mad:

The reason I'm wondering is beacuse when i pulled the A/C components out a long time ago, it wasnt hooked up to the serpentine system. it was in the same place as every A/C system, but instead of running off the serpentine system it had a v-belt accessory on the crank pulley that ran to the a/c pump.

Carl
10-25-2007, 01:59 PM
From the pics, no it isn't.

redrocker
10-25-2007, 03:47 PM
look for a stamp around the housing , maybe even on the glass . the ones we put in are stamped

at3gt
10-26-2007, 01:02 PM
i dont see any kind of stamping on the window. id have to take the headliner off to check the inside of the housing, and there are no stampings on the outside.
It would generally say carlite if it was a ford window right? all my other windows say that except the sunroof.

R825OH
10-26-2007, 01:18 PM
No its not. Wrong hinges. Factory ones have the hardware coming through the glass.

at3gt
10-26-2007, 01:29 PM
No its not. Wrong hinges. Factory ones have the hardware coming through the glass.

Yeah, I was looking at my friends 92 sunroof car yesterday. Its not the origional sunroof. none of the measurments on the 2 line up. Mine is cut in about 3 inches closer to the windshield, and about 5-6 inches shorter in the overall length than a origional sunroof.

Now could anyone reccomend the next move. going to a paint and body man perhaps to see about getting some weatherstripping for this? In this area its really popular to put fucking sunroofs in anything, from a pinto to a dodge minivan.

R825OH
10-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Somewhere on the frame of your sunroof there SHOULD be a manf. label .A good glass shop should be able to help ya out. Jim Hayden here in Cincy did alot of sunroofs in the 80's I'm not sure if he's still around tho.

dedpedal
10-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Try using something laying around. I used an old hatch seal for my ghetto electric fan. Also try A&M Soffseal. they might have a replacement if you can get a good look at the way your seal is formed. Glad to see you decided to keep it and bring it around.

at3gt
10-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Try using something laying around. I used an old hatch seal for my ghetto electric fan. Also try A&M Soffseal. they might have a replacement if you can get a good look at the way your seal is formed. Glad to see you decided to keep it and bring it around.

Yeah man, after reading the passing of vinny, and realizing im still young and have the money to fix it, why the hell not. so far i got the rear brakes to work again, after a whole new brake line, p/s pump, new carb, gauges, a little wiring, a radiator, etc etc. you know how it goes.

Appreciated the help kevin.