PDA

View Full Version : Im Excited

07thorobrd
10-25-2007, 11:56 PM
So i know some of you read my post about putting a cobra rear badge on my V6...and i know some of you or all of you were laughing but i just found out that shelby is coming out w a V6 cobra. so i just thought i would share that. hope this makes me look a lil less like a poser. here is the link.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/articles/article_00640.shtml

PonymanfiveO
10-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Badges are overrated.

No need to tell the world whats under the hood. ;)

WCKDGT
10-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Badges are overrated.

No need to tell the world whats under the hood. ;)

:agree: sleeper baby:flipoff:

tim c
10-26-2007, 12:29 AM
:agree: sleeper baby:flipoff:

:agree: i have no badges on my coupe

DeckerEnt
10-26-2007, 12:52 AM
The only badges on my coupe will be the 5.0 on the fenders. That is it.
Keith

Paul408Notch
10-26-2007, 06:52 AM
So it'll have 50 more hp than a GT, and enough "hey-look-at-me" to do well at any import car show. Sounds like ol Shel is kind of desperate to sell cars. Maybe he's losing a bunch of money in the housing market or something. :lol:

theyallslow
10-26-2007, 08:14 AM
make it your car...If you want it to look like a cobra then do it.

mustangboy
10-26-2007, 08:44 AM
So I guess it won't be cool for me to put 5.0 badges on my car since I don't have a 5.0 under the hood.;):lol:

mach_u
10-26-2007, 08:44 AM
make it your car...If you want it to look like a cobra then do it.
:doh: If nothing else you may help stroke Little Johnny Ricer's ego when he rolls up on you, gets the jump and beats you. He's going to tell all of his friends he just beat a new Mustang Cobra. IMO putting cobra badges on anything but a cobra is and will always be rice. I'm with the majority here, I would rather surprise the crap out of somebody with what my car does, than leave them thinking they just beat the real deal when in fact they were fooled by an imitation.

Bluecrew07
10-26-2007, 09:04 AM
its your car, do what you want to it:bigthumb

Bluecrew07
10-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Here ya go

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/shelby_cs6.asp

Xuzhu
10-26-2007, 11:29 AM
If I recall correctly, you buy a v6 mustang from a dealer and order the kit components, and the dealer builds it for you. Neat car, but I think it's one of those things to be sold to people with too much money.

02mingryGT
10-26-2007, 11:34 AM
:doh: If nothing else you may help stroke Little Johnny Ricer's ego when he rolls up on you, gets the jump and beats you. He's going to tell all of his friends he just beat a new Mustang Cobra. IMO putting cobra badges on anything but a cobra is and will always be rice. I'm with the majority here, I would rather surprise the crap out of somebody with what my car does, than leave them thinking they just beat the real deal when in fact they were fooled by an imitation.

++++1

theyallslow
10-26-2007, 12:11 PM
rice is foreign not what it looks like.

02mingryGT
10-26-2007, 01:08 PM
1. ricer
2317 up, 216 down

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unnecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therefore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
by ricecop04 Mar 15, 2004 email it