PDA

View Full Version : Swapping 5.0 into 96 Cobra HELP!!!

ProjectPony92
10-28-2007, 05:36 AM
I have just purchased a 1996 Mustang Cobra with no drive train. I have a 1993 Mustang GT with a 306 TFS heads and intake 30# injectors etc. etc. If anyone can help by telling me what it is going to take to make this install go smooth as possible I would greatly appreciate it. I need all the help I can get but would appreciate fact instead of oppinion. :cool2:

Katmandu
11-07-2007, 05:53 AM
I have just purchased a 1996 Mustang Cobra with no drive train. I have a 1993 Mustang GT with a 306 TFS heads and intake 30# injectors etc. etc. If anyone can help by telling me what it is going to take to make this install go smooth as possible I would greatly appreciate it. I need all the help I can get but would appreciate fact instead of oppinion. :cool2:94/95GTs had 5.0s in them so there parts (motor mounts etc...) would be a direct swap.

quik lx
11-07-2007, 02:01 PM
K member, fuel system adaptors, A9L computer and EEC harness converted to stand alone, and some gauges...cause your aint gonna work.

wolverine8490
11-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I just did this swap. Its pretty easy.

-K-member from a 94-95 v6 or v8.

-If you are using the T5 from your 93, you will need a bellhousing and input shaft from a 94-95 as the tranny is longer. You will also have to cut the whole in your floor bigger to allow the shifter to fit right.

-Driveshaft from the 93 will work.

-All the engine wiring from the 93, and you will have to hack into some of the wiring from the 96 (wiring was the worst part).

-You need to track down 94-95 rubber fuel lines that will go from your PS inner fender well to the fuel rail. Keep in mind that the fox stangs had the fuel pressure port on the fuel line, and the SN's had it on the fuel rail. So if you run the fox rail, and SN line, you will need to by a FPR that has a guage port so you can check your pressure.

-You will need a starter from a 94-95 as the fox starter will not fit on the SN bellhousing.

-I used the SN95 electric fan.

-I used all SN95 exhaust.

-If you care about the tach, you will need to get a cluster out of a 94-95 that had a 5.0L. That way the tach works correct. The connectors on the 96 I believe are the same, if not, get the conenctors from the 94-95, and splice them in. (I have not done this part yet, as I dont care about the tach right now). Other than the tach, once you splice your sensors into the 96 cluster, everything will work.

I may have forgot 1 or 2 things here. But it is a pretty easy swap. After I got all my parts, I'd say it took me about 2 weeks of hard work on it before it started. If you decide to do this, and get stuck, dont hesitate to shoot me a PM and I will do my best to help.