PDA

View Full Version : Nov.3rd DD shootout

kennebellcobra
10-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Who's planning on going? I'm hoping I got my shifting issues taken care of:angel:

Timido
10-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Well the plan was Tristate.. Unless

Post up an opinion where you want the Dozen shootout on Sat.

JonS
10-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Does Kilkare have test and tune on Saturday? I am not opposed to that if everyone else is up for it.

Qtr milerocket
10-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Does Kilkare have test and tune on Saturday? I am not opposed to that if everyone else is up for it.

When I was there this past Saturday I asked the ticket guy if this was the last Test & Tune for the season and his response was that "they will run this coming Thursday and weather permitting they will run this Saturday as well."

This is the link to KK http://www.kilkare.com/, the phone # is at the bottom of the page, If you guys are serious about running there next weekend I would keep an eye on their site as the weekend weather is shaping out to be awesome!

Peace :cool2:

James

kennebellcobra
10-29-2007, 08:35 PM
When I was there this past Saturday I asked the ticket guy if this was the last Test & Tune for the season and his response was that "they will run this coming Thursday and weather permitting they will run this Saturday as well."

This is the link to KK http://www.kilkare.com/, the phone # is at the bottom of the page, If you guys are serious about running there next weekend I would keep an eye on their site as the weekend weather is shaping out to be awesome!

James

I am not opposed to going to Kilkare but Don't want to go that far and only get one or two passes...wait in line for hours. This is what I've "heard" about Kilkare but I've never been so I don't know.

JonS
10-29-2007, 08:49 PM
I am not opposed to going to Kilkare but Don't want to go that far and only get one or two passes...wait in line for hours. This is what I've "heard" about Kilkare but I've never been so I don't know.

I agree I posted before I read the end of the other thread, it's a long way for me to make 2 passes.

JASON408
10-29-2007, 08:51 PM
that is the only thing bad about that place is very few runs and when you get done with your run you better get straight back in line and get to change nothing . you dont have to make the shoot out to be in the dozen so everyone can go where they want .

91lxnos
10-29-2007, 09:09 PM
:bigthumbI showed up last Sat. and there were less then 25 cars there. The car count is down becuse it is not a teen age social event on Sat., just Thurs nite and all the little underage girls don't want to come out in the cold in their mini skirts acting like their 25 So you will get in more then 2 passes. The track is hooking and if you are tring to get all out of your car for the dozen you got a better shot at KilKare then at Tristate.IMO........ALSO this Thurs should be great becuse everyone thinks the track shut down on Thurs. two weeks ago.
So car count should be down again like it was last thursday. So I have to vote for KilKare........But if you faster cars want to go to tristate cool I need all the help I can get...........JK.

kennebellcobra
10-29-2007, 09:17 PM
that is the only thing bad about that place is very few runs and when you get done with your run you better get straight back in line and get to change nothing . you dont have to make the shoot out to be in the dozen so everyone can go where they want .

If thats the case I would rather just stick with Tri-state where you can go run and talk to other people and get back in line when your ready.

91lxnos
10-29-2007, 09:20 PM
:bigthumbI showed up last Sat. and there were less then 25 cars there. The car count is down becuse it is not a teen age social event on Sat., just Thurs nite and all the little underage girls don't want to come out in the cold in their mini skirts acting like their 25 So you will get in more then 2 passes. The track is hooking and if you are tring to get all out of your car for the dozen you got a better shot at KilKare then at Tristate.IMO........ALSO this Thurs should be great becuse everyone thinks the track shut down on Thurs. two weeks ago.
So car count should be down again like it was last thursday. So I have to vote for KilKare........But if you faster cars want to go to tristate cool I need all the help I can get...........JK.

This is how it is at the end of the season. It isn't a drunk teen fest like on typical Thursday nites

Qtr milerocket
10-29-2007, 09:34 PM

I agree I posted before I read the end of the other thread, it's a long way for me to make 2 passes.

What you heard is true about Kilkare on a Summer Thusday night but this time of the year is awesome as the car counts are way down. I will say this and that is that we had the Gem City Stangs Track Day at Kilkare this past Saturday and there were about 10 of us and each one of us got 5-10 runs apiece and those that didn't get more than 5 got 5 not because of the lanes being full but because that was all they wanted to run.

I believe that the members of the Dirty Dozen that I know of in the Dayton area encourage Kilkare because of the excellent track prep as the slick track surface that Tristate offered a few weeks ago at the first session of the Dirty Dozen shootout was lacking, I guess it all boils down to all the DD members wanting a safe and prepped track to race on.

Yeah what he said! :bigthumb

James

JonS
10-29-2007, 09:50 PM
:dunno::dunno:

So what are we gonna do, we really need some opinions from some of the other guys. I just mapquested it and it's 92 miles from me, I think I know which one I'm voting for.:lol:

mustangoutlaw
10-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Kilkare is Good with me! The launch pad is better!!!

RIXXX93GT
10-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Kil-Kare in the fall is the place to run in my opinion. I have never broken a 1.70 60 ft at TRi State and had no problem getting in the low 1.5's at KK Saturday. I ran 6 times and could have run 10-12 easy had I wanted to. Now during the summer thats a different story especially on Thursdays.

12seclx
10-30-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm not a member of the DD or anything but I'd love to
go to KilKare and get on a prepped surface...

Does anyone know for sure if they are open this Saturday?
If so, I'm going up there regardless... :bigthumb

mustangoutlaw
10-30-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm not a member of the DD or anything but I'd love to
go to KilKare and get on a prepped surface...

Does anyone know for sure if they are open this Saturday?
If so, I'm going up there regardless... :bigthumb

Yes they are open Saturday But they have a race 1st Annual Turkey Classic! Nov. 3 & 4! so looks like tri-state Sat..

12seclx
10-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Yes they are open Saturday But they have a race 1st Annual Turkey Classic! Nov. 3 & 4! so looks like tri-state Sat..

I wonder how much it will cost to run their bracket stuff...
I hate to race open header bracket cars but I'm desperate...
:lol:

mustangoutlaw
10-30-2007, 03:43 PM
$50 Entry No Box 1/4 Mile $75 Entry Box Class 1/8 Mile :eek: http://www.kilkare.com/

kennebellcobra
10-30-2007, 04:32 PM

I guess that settles the debate... maybe keep Kilkare in mind for next year...one shootout at Tri-state and one at Kilkare?

BUHBYY
10-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I will be there , no car Locked up motor ??? gonna pull it tonight see how bad it is :(:(

Black Horse
10-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Lets do Tri-state Saturday - I'll be there to shoot some photos of you guys so wheels up and big smiles! (and go fast!)

Kelly Pelrine
10-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Dave hope you dont mind, but i will prob be there shootin also..... never been there & i am having track withdrawls BAD! lol

Maximus
10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
You guys racing will be getting some GREAT shots from these two!!
Make sure you check out their websites and order up some prints:bigthumb

91lxnos
10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
I guess that settles the debate... maybe keep Kilkare in mind for next year...one shootout at Tri-state and one at Kilkare?

2nd that!!!!!!:bigthumb

Black Horse
10-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Dave hope you dont mind, but i will prob be there shootin also..... never been there & i am having track withdrawls BAD! lol

No problemo...one of us will get a decent shot of something ~lol~

Maximus
10-31-2007, 12:01 AM

Maybe it would be cool to get a Huge Group shot of the Dozen runners and post it up:confused::bigthumb

Kelly Pelrine
10-31-2007, 07:22 AM

both of us will get good shots of everything ;) hehe!

Kelly Pelrine
10-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Maybe it would be cool to get a Huge Group shot of the Dozen runners and post it up:confused::bigthumb

that would be cool! i dunno where the sun lands at the end of the day or if the track would let us, but it would be sweet if we could line everyone up on the track itself (6 cars per lane facing the center of the track) ... just need to stand on something high to get a good ariel type shot :bigthumb

mustangoutlaw
10-31-2007, 07:41 AM
that would be cool! i dunno where the sun lands at the end of the day or if the track would let us, but it would be sweet if we could line everyone up on the track itself (6 cars per lane facing the center of the track) ... just need to stand on something high to get a good ariel type shot :bigthumb

That would be a great shot! :cool1: But we would have to have all 12 cars there, Is everybody going to be there? I wondering if they would let us do that before they run the cars like 11:30 or after 5:00 when they shutdown! I Don't think they would mind I can find out!

Kelly Pelrine
10-31-2007, 08:20 AM
I have to work till 1 so i could do it later on in the day... see if you can set it up :)

JASON408
10-31-2007, 02:27 PM
i will be down there but will not have my car .

mustangoutlaw
10-31-2007, 03:00 PM

Another car?

Maximus
10-31-2007, 03:04 PM

Bringing the "top secret" Stang out?;)

JASON408
10-31-2007, 04:20 PM
might have a little somthing new :lol::eek: but we will just have to see !!! you never now what going to come out of the house of horsepower!!!

Timido
10-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Ya I seen a Dodge truck roll out of there the other night!!!!

So Sat Tristate it is.

JASON408
10-31-2007, 07:17 PM
and ya its got a HEMI!!!!!!!!!!!!

93 coupe
10-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Ya I seen a Dodge truck roll out of there the other night!!!!

So Sat Tristate it is.

I'm tryin to get him to stick my 88mm on that thing!!! :eek:

JASON408
10-31-2007, 11:13 PM
i think the old 76mm will be fast enough .that thing would tow great

mustangoutlaw
11-02-2007, 03:52 PM
65 and sunny for tomorrow! Now only if the track will hook, It could be a good day! Can't wait! Well off to Cincy Speed for some Dinitrogen Monoxide! :D

Maximus
11-02-2007, 11:05 PM
9.19@154... is anyone gonna break that one?:cool1:

If not, maybe next year Ill have mine out to do it:D

Seriously, Good Luck to everyone tomorrow!!:bigthumb:bigthumb

JASON408
11-03-2007, 02:35 AM
just got back from the garage the all the cars are ready . cant wait till tomoorow

kennebellcobra
11-03-2007, 07:40 AM
9.19@154... is anyone gonna break that one?:cool1:

If not, maybe next year Ill have mine out to do it:D

Seriously, Good Luck to everyone tomorrow!!:bigthumb:bigthumb

I'm shooting to break that time but no promises:lol::lol::lol:

5.0calypso93lx
11-03-2007, 09:29 AM
I'll be there spectating.

What time do the gates open?

mustangoutlaw
11-03-2007, 09:49 AM
I'll be there spectating.

What time do the gates open?

12:30 run from 1 to 5pm

5.0calypso93lx
11-03-2007, 09:50 AM
12:00 to 5pm

Thanks Jimi, see ya there.

Kelly Pelrine
11-03-2007, 09:51 AM
what time is everyone gettin there? anyone want to meet up for the cruise out there?

5.0calypso93lx
11-03-2007, 09:53 AM
what time is everyone gettin there? anyone want to meet up for the cruise out there?

Yea I'll meet up in my sentra:lol::lol:

Kelly Pelrine
11-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Yea I'll meet up in my sentra:lol::lol:

hehe it doesnt matter to me. ive never been there so would be nice to cruise up with some peeps :bigthumb

craigels
11-03-2007, 08:15 PM
It was a great day for drag racing! Lots of people had new bests. Gotta love the cold air!

Craig

kennebellcobra
11-03-2007, 08:33 PM

:(Sorry Kelly...just read this or I would have told you we usually meet up at shell in Hebron on 237 at 12:00 or so

8banger
11-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Yep....awesome day for everyone...Great air!....I got my best,,yet so far, a spinnin 11.93 and a bogged 11.950....Still not leavin that line like I need to !!!gots lots to do for next year...Can't wait for the vid and Daves pics...

JonS
11-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Congrats to everyone on your new best times. :bigthumb Tray and Dave were both doing great, especially for a cracked header Dave.

8banger
11-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I still want your car...LOL....:bigthumb .....10.56!!!!!@125....

Black Horse
11-03-2007, 10:29 PM
OK.....just so no one calls Jim a liar.....here is the proof!

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/photos/216917407-M.jpg

The rest of the photos from today are now up for your enjoyment!
http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/gallery/3766842

Kelly Pelrine
11-03-2007, 10:53 PM
:(Sorry Kelly...just read this or I would have told you we usually meet up at shell in Hebron on 237 at 12:00 or so

shit thats right by the house lol.... i was workin till 1 then had to stop by the tattoo shop & got stuck BSing. by the time i got outta there i figured it would be a wasted trip so i worked on OSM stuff instead. Good news is i get my new ink weds nite! :D

8banger
11-03-2007, 10:55 PM
All I can say is I GOT SOME AIR!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D:D :D ...Thanks Dave again for awesome photos....placed my order.. :bigthumb ..

kennebellcobra
11-03-2007, 11:08 PM
All I can say is I GOT SOME AIR!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D:D :D ...Thanks Dave again for awesome photos....placed my order.. :bigthumb ..

Did you order the one of both of us...we could cut it in half and it would be 1/2 price:D

8banger
11-03-2007, 11:15 PM
LOL....No..you car hogged all of the picture...with the wheels up and all..:rolleyes: :D

mustangoutlaw
11-04-2007, 12:59 AM
OK.....just so no one calls Jim a liar.....here is the proof!

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/photos/216917407-M.jpg

The rest of the photos from today are now up for your enjoyment!
http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/gallery/3766842

Thanks! Great shot. :bigthumb

PKFIRE
11-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Great times! Does anyone know what the 03 Redfire Cobra ran? 60'? I ran over at Edgewater Saturday and the best I could muster was 2.173 on heated 555r's???@19psi.

BUHBYY
11-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks! Great shot. :bigthumb

Jimmy great time..... I thought when you came by with the thumbs up it was on like Donkey Kong but then you came back to the pits what happened ?? you got a sub 9 in it ???

mustangoutlaw
11-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Jimmy great time..... I thought when you came by with the thumbs up it was on like Donkey Kong but then you came back to the pits what happened ?? you got a sub 9 in it ???

I had to chase the rail in front of me he had my time slip and I had no bottle pressure!:(

bbfstanger
11-04-2007, 09:38 PM
i came down from springfield to watch everyone,it was great to see so many stangs out.i was goin to try and meet some of you.
i ended up runnin my driver 01 black gt and got like 10 passes in even though it was slow lol! 14.07 was best pass all i wanted was a 13.999 lol!
outta 121 pics i thought i woulda popped up somewhere!
anyone goin back next sat?
john

Black Horse
11-04-2007, 10:53 PM
i came down from springfield to watch everyone,it was great to see so many stangs out.i was goin to try and meet some of you.
i ended up runnin my driver 01 black gt and got like 10 passes in even though it was slow lol! 14.07 was best pass all i wanted was a 13.999 lol!
john

Next time give the photographer a thumbs up or something, I dont know who is who sometimes!

kennebellcobra
11-04-2007, 10:57 PM
john

I should be there...I think some other will be too.

mustangboy
11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
i came down from springfield to watch everyone\

Hey John I wish I knew you were there. I would have liked to talked a little big block w/ you.;)

bbfstanger
11-05-2007, 01:02 AM
im prob. gonna go back down sat. if the weathers good. i so want a 13.99 with my daily driver,need to find a tenth or two.
next year ill have the 86gt 545ci up and runnin so i might make the list;)
ill post some pics up in the build section when i make some progress.
woulda been nice to talk bigblock with ya ,maybe next time.
i never made so many runs at a track in one night,used to going to kil kare i guess lol!
john