PDA

View Full Version : The Puppy is Home!!!

Black92LX
10-31-2007, 04:37 PM
You all might remember my post about rescuing the puppy. Well she came home today. Things are going well, Lilli my GSD was quite aggressive towards her at first, she didn't want her anywhere near me. I few quick scoldings and she is doing well.
Hydra the new puppy is real laid back just lays around in the house but is a ball of energy outside.
You can tell she was an outside dog because she won't come back in the house unless you carry her. I am trying to break her of that so she will be on a leash whenever outside till she starts understanding. But we are doing well since she doesn't even know her name yet. Though the potty command is working very well.
Sorry for the camera phone pics it's all I have.
Here she is on the way home.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/10-31-07_1213.jpg
Stealing Lilli's bed
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/10-31-07_1546.jpg
And my makeshift baby gate
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/10-31-07_1624.jpg

R825OH
10-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Cool Man glad you rescued her and gave here a home.and some hope!

JonS
10-31-2007, 05:24 PM
She is really cute, glad you could rescue her.:)

67Terror
10-31-2007, 07:12 PM
two good looking dogs! congrads bud

DeckerEnt
10-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Happy you got her!! She will be in a better place now with lots of love and caring. Good luck.
Keith

Mista Bone
10-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Congrats on the adoption, she'll be quite loyal :)

92StangMan
11-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Congrats!

REDHOTGTGIRL
11-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Aw, she is so cute!! I'm glad you were able to bring her home. I'm sure Lilli will learn to love her and she'll figure out the training with time.

venomous_svt
11-01-2007, 12:09 PM
good luck bro....I have a house full of dogs...10 to be exact...10 PBT's are a handfull. She should be at home in no time...gs's adapt very well most of the time to anything.

Holly
11-01-2007, 02:30 PM
All this dog talk and puppies being born make me want one! If I didn't work full time, I'd probably get a dog. I just can't lock them up in a cage for that long every day.

When I was growing up, we had a German Shepherd (Thor) that met me and my sister when we got off the bus every day. I loved that dog, he was very protective of me and Julie.

You have two very cool looking dogs. I hope they get along good. That was cool of you to rescue him. Amanda and I "rescued" my little orange eyed kitty a year ago this coming weekend, best move I ever made. She's such a sweety, she crawled up in Amanda's lap at this rescue place we were at and was purring away, I wouldn't have given her a second glance (never was into tortoise shell cats).

mach_u
11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
All this dog talk and puppies being born make me want one! If I didn't work full time, I'd probably get a dog. I just can't lock them up in a cage for that long every day.

When I was growing up, we had a German Shepherd (Thor) that met me and my sister when we got off the bus every day. I loved that dog, he was very protective of me and Julie.

You have two very cool looking dogs. I hope they get along good. That was cool of you to rescue him. Amanda and I "rescued" my little orange eyed kitty a year ago this coming weekend, best move I ever made. She's such a sweety, she crawled up in Amanda's lap at this rescue place we were at and was purring away, I wouldn't have given her a second glance (never was into tortoise shell cats).
Rachel and I both work full time and have an active schedule. Our dogs are none the worse for it (although the Boston has a few screws loose anyway... :lol:). We do have small dogs though, they don't seem to need as much exercise as a big dog - plus they drop smaller turds. :D

Holly
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
We do have small dogs though, they don't seem to need as much exercise as a big dog - plus they drop smaller turds. :D

:lol: Exactly. If I would get a dog, it would have to be a German Shepherd, and they need exercise, I'm ready for the couch when I get home at night. Plus, I really don't want to come home to the smell of doggy do (from a BIG OLE DOG!) every day in my house. It's bad enough I have to scoop the cat litter(s), every night.

Holly
12-07-2007, 04:50 PM
:lol: Exactly. If I would get a dog, it would have to be a German Shepherd

I can't even believe I am considering this, BUT, a girl I work with has a brother in Florida who she is getting ready to go see (over Xmas break), and he has Shit tzu (however you spell that) puppies for sale, $350 a piece! She is wanting to GIVE me one for Christmas. I told her if she comes home with it, I would "try" it out, see how it goes with Rudy and Reese. He's solid black, which might intimidate Rudy (so is he). I figured I could let him roam around downstairs and put a gate so he can't get upstairs and do his business on my carpet. There is no carpeting downstairs, and the cats could get away from him. If he doesn't work out, he goes back to her though (she actually agreed to this).

Hopefully he'll sell the dog before she gets down there, cuz I'm just not sure about this.

Hmmm..... decisions decisions! They sure are cute though. ;)

89notch
12-07-2007, 04:58 PM
You cats will be fine after time. My cat doesnt even bother the dogs anymore he is one of them sleeping in the same bed etc.