PDA

View Full Version : I've had really good luck against SVT's lately.

Mike
11-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Well, let me start by giving a little background. I got my little heap Civic running again Sunday, still on a stock head, still on 7 psi.

Anyway, first night I have it out, I get a run with a red lightning on 32. He takes off and I roll past him. About a car or two, guessing it was just a stock lightning.

The next night, I run into an 01 Cobra vert, and same thing, he jumps, and I pull back and pass. Next, a burgandy 05+ gt, pulled about 2-4 cars on that as well.

All these are random runs, on this Sunday and Monday night.

Well, that's when I climbed the Ford ladder a little too high. This morning, I'm on 275 and I look in my rear view. I see a dark blue GT500 'Vert, I instantly skip my exit, and slow down. It had "HI RPM" on the plate. So, I already know I'm gonna lose, but getting a run with one of those is something I've wanted since there release. Well the highway never gives us quite enough to line up, but finally, while we're rolling about 70, he takes off. Who knows what gear, but we pull together up to about 130. He's inching away, I'd say he increased the gap between us about 1-2 cars.

We never got a chance for another pull, but I already knew it would be another kill for him. I got off at the next exit and retreated back to work.

If you're on here, thanks for letting me see one take off, and I'm eternally jealous! Those cars are bad ass!

theyallslow
11-02-2007, 11:23 AM
wait around Beechmont at about 7 for beefcake. but they are very nice cars.

Mike
11-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Haha! Beefcakes is a little much for the $2000 beater ha. His car is badass though.

Timido
11-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Is this with the 15 second primer turbo honda?

5.0calypso93lx
11-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Is this with the 15 second primer turbo honda?

:lol: I think he did a 14.2x at 102 yesterday.

KenB
11-04-2007, 11:07 AM
SVT, you need to concentrate on beating my GT first. ;)

venomous_svt
11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
:coo1:

KenB
11-04-2007, 03:37 PM
SVT, you need to concentrate on beating my GT first. ;)

If you want, I can drive the SVT focus it makes you feel better. :dummy:

jdubya
11-04-2007, 08:24 PM
If you come across the right SVT I'm sure you're luck will change. :)

firestang70
11-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Ah fellas Mike is just trying to stir up a race or two. @Ken I will be calling you about future evil plans for my non-SVT car :)

Mike
11-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, the $2k bucket was at Tristate Saturday. To my defense, on the way there, the welds on the wastegate dump tube fell off, so the car ran pretty shitty Saturday, I'm guessing the tune was thrown off a little.

That car was fun until there was a decent amount of money in it, so its getting cleaned up, and sold. I have the deposit on another car right now, and hopefully it'll run a little better.

Rob
11-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Is it an external wastegate? How would that change the tune? Just curious :rolleyes:

Mike
11-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Well, it might not directly affect the tune, but I'm sure it's causing a power loss. Without a dump tube, all of the discharged exhaust is getting sucked right back into the turbo.

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Dude you're out there smoking Lightnings and you wanna race my Merkur?? :lol:

I just got a clutch in it a couple nights ago...it's pretty peppy but i don't know if it's all that. Maybe once i get it intercooled and get a proper exhaust on it...right now it's got a 2'' straight pipe to a no-name resonator out back and takes about an hour to spool up :lol:

Oh, i did lay down a whoopin on some kid in a Mazda Protege last night in Milford though :rockon:

Mike
11-10-2007, 02:14 PM
I've told you I wanted to race you for a while! Let me know which car you want a piece in.

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-10-2007, 02:37 PM
I've told you I wanted to race you for a while! Let me know which car you want a piece in.

LOl i'm just sayin, it might not be very eventful...the Merkur has a long road ahead of it before it can be called fast. Right now it's a blast for a daily driver but it's sure as hell no racecar yet. I wanted to hit up Tristate today but i've got other plans :(