PDA

View Full Version : 99 V-6 to 5.0L swap

quik lx
11-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Anyone done this? I know I need a K member, radiator, electrical gauges, ect.

I really need to know if the fuel lines will connect, the tranny mount on the T-5 will work and if the drive shaft will work.

Any other input would be appreciated.

I have the complete engine, tranny, electrical harness, computer, exhaust with O2's+ headers and offroad X pipe, fox radiator, and cold air intake.

Ryan218
11-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Anyone done this? I know I need a K member, radiator, electrical gauges, ect.

I really need to know if the fuel lines will connect, the tranny mount on the T-5 will work and if the drive shaft will work.

Any other input would be appreciated.

I have the complete engine, tranny, electrical harness, computer, exhaust with O2's+ headers and offroad X pipe, fox radiator, and cold air intake.

copied from mustang forums...

you going to sick withe EFI? or go carb?

"You have to change to a 94-95 k member. Not sure what tranny is in the 99 v6 but if its a t5 you good. You will have to get an ignition system for it depending on what you want you to run I would suggest using a vacum advanced distributer. Fuel system is easy if it is a return style you just have to T the line and and run it to the carb and return line. Put an inline fuel pressure gauge in it just before the carb so you can make sure pressure stays below 10psi. If it doesnt have a return style fuel system (dont know much about v6s) then you will have to change to either a carb friendly electric pump or a mech pump. Which ever you choose make sure you decide before you put the engine together so you wont have to change timing covers later. Exhaust will have to be fabbed in there but shouldn't be much of a problem. Thats all I can think of for now."

id image you would have to replace the fuel pump to a bigger size as well....fuel line i think...dont quote me on this....is the same...but if not...you could always use an adapter.

Blackout
11-10-2007, 08:57 AM
You need to check on the k-member because you may be able to get away with just buying the 94-95 motor mounts. I beleive (any one can correct me if I'm wrong) that the fuel lines are returnless. If you can find the stuff off a 94-95 car that would be vey helpful and one nice thing is that you can just replace the computer with one from a 94-95, and not have to mess with the wiring harness in the fire wall. I don't know how much time and effert your wanting to put into rhis project, but i would find a 94-95 donor car. You can get return lines off any 94-98 car. And almost forgot, your fuel pump and holder will have to be changed also. I have a power steering pump and bracket if needed.