Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
kennebellecobra's son's car after today [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : kennebellecobra's son's car after today

95turbocharged
11-02-2007, 08:17 PM
these are pics of shannons sons car after an accident today not even 15 mins before me and my son got to his house. tell brennon and blake we are glad they are doing fine:bigthumb both of his kids walked away

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/95turbocharged/br7.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/95turbocharged/br6.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/95turbocharged/br5.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/95turbocharged/br3.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/95turbocharged/br4.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/95turbocharged/br2.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/95turbocharged/br.jpg

99Slobra
11-02-2007, 08:26 PM
damn. That's a hard hit.

95turbocharged
11-02-2007, 08:27 PM
the other car had skid marks of 133 ft before the impact!!! the other car was flying

kennebellcobra
11-02-2007, 08:51 PM
You talk about the worse feeling in the world! My oldest which is 16 was just pulling out of the driveway to take my younger son thats 12 to his friends house and we hear that horrible tire squeling sound and then bang...we both jumped up and took off running. They were taken to the hospital checked out and everything is fine other than some seat belt marks and bruises. I look at them pic's and thank God they were not hurt. There is a little bit of a hill you go over before you get to my driveway in the road which makes kind of a blind spot pulling out but I've had cars come over the hill with my jeep and boat hooked up and still have time to get out on my side of the road so this lady must have been flying...like Dave said the cop measured 133' of skid marks and still hit that hard...plus the car was pushed sideways and ended up 10-15' away from the other car. The speed limit is 45mph she had to be going 80+. Luckily the lady driving seemed OK but was taken to the hospital because of neck and head pain. I did a little test after this...went 60 mph and hit my brakes right were the skid marks started and still stopped 20-30' from my driveway.

JonS
11-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Glad everything is OK. That is kind of a tricky driveway to get out of and people fly down through there. That lady must have been flying.

DeckerEnt
11-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Glad everyone is OK. So what did the cops say? Her fault or what? I know Ky is no fault but the skid marks should count for something.
Keith

PonymanfiveO
11-02-2007, 10:42 PM
very scary. Glad they are ok. Gardian angel was hard at work. ;)

venomous_svt
11-03-2007, 12:06 AM
hope all is ok shannon...you guys are blessed for sure! That is some heavy damage. If you need anything just give me a shout bro.

later

Da Natti
11-03-2007, 02:13 AM
good to hear they are ok! get video of the skid a you stopping to help later!

firestang70
11-03-2007, 05:34 AM
Shannon I'm glad to hear the boys are OK. You get much less sleep when your kids start driving. Especially when I deal with MVAs all the time, it makes you jumpy to say the least.

Pops Fun
11-03-2007, 05:41 AM
Darn, sorry to hear that the car is wrecked but man the fact that the kids are ok is awesome. That has to be scary. You never stop worrying about your kids. Mine have kids of there own now only 1 driving (Ellen) and I still worry!!

Steve

kennebellcobra
11-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Glad everyone is OK. So what did the cops say? Her fault or what? I know Ky is no fault but the skid marks should count for something.
Keith

The cops would not say who's fault on the report. At first they were not even going to measure the skid marks. I took pics and video of the marks. I know Dave asked the cop off the record how fast he thought she was going and he said way to fast. What ever happen to the cops measuring everything and taking pics... estimating speeds?

plated
11-03-2007, 06:47 AM
glad to see everything is ok,looks like it took a hell of hit. they call them accident's for a reason,so will the ins money be going towards a mustang for him?:bigthumb

kennebellcobra
11-03-2007, 06:53 AM
glad to see everything is ok,looks like it took a hell of hit. they call them accident's for a reason,so will the ins money be going towards a mustang for him?:bigthumb

What you can't fix it:lol: I only had liabilty on it so I'll be fighting with the the insurance company's. After this I'm thinking about buying him a tank to drive around:)

plated
11-03-2007, 07:00 AM
What you can't fix it:lol: I only had liabilty on it so I'll be fighting with the the insurance company's. After this I'm thinking about buying him a tank to drive around:) i don't think thers enough bondo in the tristate to fix that one:lol: check on craigslist,u may find a replacement car for him on there. good luck to u guys. i have a son around the same age,i could imagine how u felt

MADMOD
11-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Damn! Man I glad everybody is ok. I don't have kids but I bet that has to tough to walk out your door and see your boys car smashed.

I guess now you can buy him a stick car and get him started in UMTR Next year!:bigthumb

Silver Bullet
11-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Glad everyone is ok.

REDHOTGTGIRL
11-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Wow, that is very scary! I am glad they are okay, they were very fortunate.

dedpedal
11-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Glad they boys are ok Shannon. Accidents like this make me glad that none of mine 16-21 are driving or even care about getting behind the wheel.

02mingryGT
11-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Glad to hear they are okay. Scary stuff.

venomous_svt
11-03-2007, 11:46 AM
boone county sheriffs dont care!!Hell when my brother got aircared off east bend the started yelling at me and I wasnt even there when it happened!

Steph got into a bad accident up by the elementary school turning into south orient street. There was 50 ft of skid marks till he t-boned her...even through the arbitration they found her at fault...so good luck cause it seems like your gonna have a similar fight. She even had a witness on the police report stating that the kid was going way over 35 more like 65...BC didnt care...neither did the ins. companies, and we are through allstate full coverage!! They finally just ruled that 80/20....all we got back was a lousy 150 bucks of our deductible. The only thing that saved us was having full coverage, so allstate covered the car on our dime! It is crap how the handle accidents anymore...All the "my neck, my back oh my neck and my back" people really screwed things up!

This is what her car looked like...thank god I had our son that day!
http://a311.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/12/l_8cd93513e2b79a4ffac3bd2d7d1edc66.jpg

Mista Bone
11-03-2007, 07:03 PM
does KY's "no fault" ins. have anything to do with it?

kennebellcobra
11-03-2007, 07:27 PM
does KY's "no fault" ins. have anything to do with it?

The injury's are no fault but the cars are not and the insurance company's fight it out

Mista Bone
11-03-2007, 09:19 PM
I had to fight thru this in 1991 when the "no fault" went into effect.

471 SB to 275 WB construction, I got stopped, the Nissan behind be didn't. I (being a guy) faired ok, so did my son in the car seat. The now exwife didn't do so good. She thinking we were gonna hit the car in front, braced herself towards the dash, when we got hit from behind she got slammed back intot he seat pretty good, knocked her stupid (more that she already was!)

Lawyers, depostitions, two year dedline came up before lawsuit had to be filled, the other ins. company offered 25K to settle. Mind you we'd went belly up in the mean time.

After Lawyers and ONE doctor (screw the rest :) ) she ended up with $8600.......bought a truck, gave me $500 and we split up. A Great day indeed now looking back :)

DeckerEnt
11-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Should have told her to suck it up, collected the 25K and then split. I hate lawyers in matters such as this.
Keith

beefcake
11-04-2007, 09:29 AM
glad everyone is ok,

i don't get this whole "no fault" thing, if your at fault, your at frikin fault makes no sense to me

R825OH
11-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Wow that coulda been alot worse, Glad the boys are ok

GotTorque?
11-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Wow, glad he's okay!!!

Katmandu
11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm glad the kids are ok. :cheers:

they call them accident's for a reason, When I worked with the OSP, they refer to these incidents as CRASHES. Especially when a drunk/drugged driver is involved.

Reason being is accidents are generally avoidable given all the laws are being followed.

Here's the definition of "accident" from Wikipedia.

An accident is a specific, identifiable, unexpected, unusual and unintented external event which occurs in a particular time and place, without apparent cause but with marked effect. It implies a generally negative probabilistic outcome which may have been avoided or prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, prior to its occurrence.