PDA

View Full Version : Makita cordless drill and impact combo...

PonymanfiveO
11-02-2007, 11:07 PM
I picked up a nice package at Home Depot last night. Ive been shopping and comparing cordless drills and 3/8" drive type cordless impacts for the last few weeks. I seem to use these a LOT at work and borrow them from my coworkers on a daily basis. Since I use them a lot I wanted something tough and reliable so it will stand up to the abuse. I shopped Mac, Matco,Snap On, Craftsman and a few other places. I just couldn't seem to get a fair deal or get exactly what I wanted. I wanted a nice drill and an Impact that were of the same manufacture and used the same type battery so they would be interchangeable. Apparently thats a lot more to ask for than you'd think.

So the other day I head to the Homes Depot. Homes because of all the Mexicans that work there. :D j/k I find myself in the tool isle and a Makita cordless drill catches my eye. Its then I remember using one just like that, that Tim Duncan had when we were working on the PINKS car. So right there I call ma boy Timmah and chat for a few. He tell's me about the combo deal they have and I find it and check it out. Just what I had been looking for, damn! :bigthumb

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100596872&categoryID=501763

So I picked one up along with a bunch of different chucks to fit the impact. I got home and decided to charge the battery's so I could use it today. Holy Shit, the battery's only take 15 min. to charge, too cool! the charger is tough and high tech looking too. SO i get to work this morning and had to try out my new shit. I put the 1/2" chuck in the impact and slipped on a 19mm socket . It passed the ultimate test! zipped off a set of lug nuts with no problem! :eek: I couldnt believe a 1/4" style cordless would have the ass to do that much but it does. I guess the 18volt battery's are better than the old school 12volt stuff I'm used to. Needless to say, I'm very happy with it and highly recommend this kit.

glassman
11-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I've been lookin for a 18v Bosch impact to go with my 5 piece set.

vypastang
11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
just about every mechanic where i work has a makita and hell yeah they got balls, but i dont like the fact that the sockets slip right off when you point the gun down.....

Katmandu
11-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Makitas are :cool2:

Buddy of mine gave me an old one (7-8yo) and it STILL kicks butt! :bigthumb

PonymanfiveO
11-07-2007, 10:02 PM
just about every mechanic where i work has a makita and hell yeah they got balls, but i dont like the fact that the sockets slip right off when you point the gun down.....

The one I bought has a locking chuck. You have to use two hands to get anything off it. :cool2: